Itt industry plants

lol he literally got a brian eno production on his debut "mix tape"

why do people keep falling for these talentless hacks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UFvtS9JDllU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Please fuck off with these threads

I like it

Please go drown in a bucket of dicks.

chance

Maybe Eno just recognizes talent when he sees it and has his finger on the pulse?

That's a production credit because of a sample of a Coldplay song, and he'd been doing shit with Odd Future for a while before that anyway
This 100%

then why does he still work with U2 but not with The Full Montesquieu?

Chances rise, is 100% legit, he made mixtapes that got pretty popular on his own, acid rap was popular because it was a great mixtape.

He just plays into what they want to here so he is /thereguy/ def not a plant just aiming for the feel the bern demo, which is why people love coloring book despite it being his weakest release by far

youtu.be/UFvtS9JDllU

Fantano is actively shilling for a plant rn

probably an ideological and cultural plant. he came from a very well off family. his brother literally said he 'got paid for being sad' (!!!), faked his drug intake for social media and the real him would never sell records

He let it slip out when drunk that he doesn't actually like contemporary hip-hop and prefers Bob Dylan

>faked his drug intake
>dies of drug overdose
explain this to me

??? Only people covering his music is Pigeons and Planes + Needle Drop

eno produced the shithouse coldplay sample.

I like it

everyone is an industry plant
you're an industry plant
even Sup Forums is an industry plant

I mean he found Laraaji busking and got him a whole career off the back of doing Ambient 3, it can happen

you know why

"Industry plants" is the primary way artists get big you fucking retard. You don't make it just by posting your shit on Soundcloud and hoping someone finds it, that's a myth, it's happened probably a single digit number of times ever. Professional production, support from a big label, and HEAVY HEAVY advertising is how artists get big in the real world. People just like to deny this because they don't have any connections to make it happen for themselves.

t. Industry plant

I've never played an instrument in my life so I'm not even in the industry

Eno recognises money when he sees it. You think he works with U2 and Coldplay because he likes it or because it's a cash cow?

Most industry plants can't play an instrument, lol

>industry plant
>instruments

oh you

your favorite "obscure" band is an industry plant
they were engineered to attract the market of contrarian/hipster people

>industry plant
The fuck does that mean? Are you saying there is a cultural Marxist conspiracy in the music industry?

What about the industry connections necessary to make it into the studio and in with advertising to begin with? Like SZA most of the time it happens because you're related to someone, or because you have connections to a rich guy

This twat. She went from singing slash songs about One Direction on tumblr to being given major label pop star support within one and a half years

U2 was definitely talent or an eye for music in a certain way. Hence OST1 or The Edge working with François K, Holger Czukay and Jah Wobble.

>DURRRR WHATS GOOGLE
An industry plant is someone record labels bankroll so they have a fake "independent" come up IE Chance The Rapper, Macklemore, etc. A lot of rappers now will be "independent" and then sign multimillion dollar deals. The rumor is that those deals were signed months, if not years before.

So it’s a cultural Marxist conspiracy in the music industry?

No one is saying anything about cultural marxism. Don't make this a political strawman to take down because "muh Sup Forums". There is no conspiracy. Artists in the industry have talked about this.

>yeah man i do so many drugs man im so sad
>"hey come party and do drugs with my friends mr famous rapper"
>uh o-okay gotta keep up my image

>does more drugs than would be known as dangerous to someone who actually uses drugs heavily
>dies from overdose as a result

I guess they thought rap needed a cobain tier martyr to stay relevant, except they blew their industry load on mumble rap. Considering the treatment rock got not even a decade after cobain and grunge, its probably safe to assume rap will get the exact same when they find a new cash cow.

And how has such a thing been orchestrated exactly? Did the same thing happen with massive acts of the past like The Beatles or Madonna?

Then why hasn't Eno worked with me yet?

Wtf, you're dumb as shit

Whoa, nice argument you got there.

TL;DR

1. The Beatles success didn't happen by random, there are entire books on this. They weren't particularly great singers for example by the standards of that age but they had the right hits and attitude. The tremendous pre-Ed Sullivan hype for them happened in only six weeks

2. Madonna spent her entire early career romancing DJs to play her music in major NYC clubs and even romanced the lesbian head of a management company that she dropped because it didn't have the resources to make her big. Her boyfriends had a significant role in creating her early hits, but she also had a huge eye for picking them and making good pop songs out of material that other artists rejected

It's significantly different now though because labels want acts with huge social media followings and which can be controlled more easily (they don't want another Prince/George Michael scenario) so the plant tendency is worse

>how has such a thing been orchestrated exactly?
1. Take relatively unknown to completely unknown talent with "connections". Basically a face no one's going to recognize if you promote. Remember, "connections" is the most important piece of the puzzle here. For example, Chance the Rapper was rubbing shoulders with famous people before he was even a blip on the radar.
2. Label sends out shills to promote. Blogs, forums, social media and sites like reddit, Sup Forums. Wherever they can promote they will, generally. Having a "story" helps.
3. Continue promoting to build buzz, pay lower level artists to promote, pay music review bloggers to talk about/review their music, pay other bloggers to promote by posting songs, so on and so forth
4. Create buzz in other ways, IE "controversy" or now, yes, even memes
5. Gradually build organic fanbase out of inorganic promotion
6. Have the artists continue to claim they are independent the whole way
7. Once their shows start selling a reasonable amount of tickets, they can start opening for more established names
8. Now it becomes a sort of cycle, basically repeating past steps as buzz increases until they're at a desired level. Opening for bigger names will get them more organic fans.
9. Now you have an artist who can sell shows, merch, etc and becomes talked about without needing to pay anyone, and you can still pay for promotion on top of that. An organic fanbase is established, followers on social media become more real people rather than fakes, their come up has been perceived as real, and bloggers and music reviewers will talk about them due to their celebrity.

>It's significantly different now though because labels want acts with huge social media followings and which can be controlled more easily (they don't want another Prince/George Michael scenario) so the plant tendency is worse
I think the last part is pretty important. During the 90's and really early 2000's the recording industry was going through turbulent times. Estabilished pop stars trying to break away from the contract, the rise of many new record companies... perhaps one of the weirdest examples of what happened was Yankee Hotel Foxtrot when Wilco quite simply left Reprise and proceeded to stream the entirety of the album. That burned Reprise a lot, so to try and curb that they gave a lot of support to bands like The Flaming Lips. That sort of stuff has plenty of leverage today for the band and negatively for the record label (see: Death Grips and Epic Records).

So, really, the main point of an industry plant is that unless fame really gets to their head, you want someone you can basically go, tell him to jump and they'll respond with "from what height?" - you really don't want someone who can decide to just fuck off and release an album on their own.

>le argument
not him, but you really are dumb as shit

I don't know why you are so defensive just because someone called (You) on not having any argument

good post

this

Eno was only credited because he did the work on the coldplay sample Frank used. You have to credit any composers or writers of a track your sampling or you're going to get sued. Eno didn't work with Frank.

HAIM
Lana Del Rey
Chance the rapper
Taylor Swift
and an honorable mention to the most sloppily shilled artist I've ever seen on this board

DUMB
U
M
B

Protip:
The straight man has to fly where a gay man can crawl to in the industry.

>Chance's rise is 100 percent legit guys I swear
fucking shill.

>Model tier looks
>Haha guys I'm so indie listen to these jangly guitars
>But for real though IM SO QUIRKY!! :3
>LIKE SERIOUSLY LOOK AT MY SILLY HAIRCUT
>IM just like all you quirky people out there lol XD

I swear I've seen a thread about this fucking corporate demarco every other day around here for the last couple months. It's always just the same shill same-fagging who can't quite sound normal bumping himself. Sony must be pissed Mac won't sign so they decided to make their own

>Make nigger music while not even trying
>make 2 songs that are top 10 "bangers" in their respective years

Fuck it, I should try mumble rapping

>It's significantly different now though because labels want acts with huge social media followings and which can be controlled more easily (they don't want another Prince/George Michael scenario)

Red pill me on prince and George Michael. Was it about their music and thr record labels?

Not an argument...still.

damn.....