Gumboot soup discussion

its out, thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/album/6iQXoihfjrA9b65XnOddk9
youtube.com/watch?v=MLlNDtF_qrA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

same boring shite judging by Greenhouse death

im only on beginners luck and its great.

begginners luck is good

Are you in Aus/USA? I'm not seeing it

I need more Ambrose singing

Yeah I'm in Aus

some tasty drumming on beginners luck

AOTY DESU FAMALAMADINGDONG

>barefoot desert
rushed tame impala with sesame street mixed in a thick weed haze.

So.. this is all the b-sides?
Some good songs so far, but I think it's gonna occupy an insignificant place in the Gizz's discography

juicy sax on superposition

im enjoying the shit outta this album

Anyone got a link for it?

open.spotify.com/album/6iQXoihfjrA9b65XnOddk9

does this work?

Can't use spotify in my country. Would've liked a download link

>The Great Chain of Being

album up on flightless' youtube channel

youtube.com/watch?v=MLlNDtF_qrA

50% of this album sounds like b-sides, bet they ran out of time.

Oddments 2. And that was always the plan

Having said that, album's pretty solid (And I'm only half way though)

America doesn't have it and we better fucking get it. They want 13 fucking dollars for the digital file

It'll be up worldwide within a few days at most

just use a youtube proxy

Maybe they set the play limit really high on bandcamp. I guess its my duty to keep this on repeat and find out.

Ok thanks I just saw it got uploaded to YouTube. I guess I won't keep bandcamp on repeat then. It's tempting. This thing is kicking my ass.

Just finished it

Poly>MFB>Gumboot>M>Sketeches>MotU

Not really a fan or Sketches of Murder, though I wouldn't say they're bad

fuarrk i can't rank em, i loved them all for all different reasons

even motu was fucking mint

linkage please

Tame Impala is fucking boring though.

Nice little B-sides album. Less conceptual, more relaxing and single tracks. Fun stuff.

Sketches > Poly > FMB = MotU = Gumboot for me

What is M

Does the chorus of Beginners Luck remind anyone else of a certain song? Can't pinpoint the name right now ...

I think this is my favorite of the entire year. Polygon was disappointing

It's really, really good

I'm tempted and that's saying a lot because I love fmb

a typo

they're both bad bands

I like all the tracks. All very solid. Only really problem is the tracks are a little mix matched, which is understandable because it's all the material that wasn't used in the other records.

I love the album cover desu

sounding like ween to me

>wahhh i have to pay for music
Fucking ameribaby

LINK WHERE???

>when The Great Chain of Being kicks in

there's like 10 different link in this thread

All I mean is that $13 is literally the most expensive I've ever seen for this length.

Favorite album from them this year imo. Standout tracks on it for me are Beginners Luck and I'm Sleepin' In

Did we actually just get aoty with one day left?

I was not expecting it to be this good. Probably my favourite of the 5

Yep I just hit it. They've got bandcamp set to 3 plays.

And followed by Last Oasis? I really think we may have literally just gotten aoty.

>they left the best till last

I don't know man... even trying to pick my favorite gizz record of this year would be an impossible task. They're just all so unique.

I caved. I just gave it aoty. Is this literally the best year a band or musician has ever had in the history of recorded music?

Listening to it for me first time still.
Gotta let this sink.
nice dubs

honestly i'm with you because it's got the in-album variety that each album by itself lacked, which sure is part of the idea but the monotony also usually involved a few mediocre songs

Thanks, me too and I'm finishing my third listen right now. It was either aoty or recalibrate all my ratings.

Flying Microtonal Banana > Gumboot Soup > Polygon > Murder of the Universe > Sketches

That's just blatantly false, most of their albums since nonagon infinity sound pretty much the same, their music has become very formulaic.

>The Great Chain Of Being

Alright, explain this formula in a non-ironic way.

>wahh people don't throw their money away like I do

Explain how Sketches sounds like FMB or how MOTU sounds like Gumboot.

It's hard to explain because I'm not good at explaining these things but I'll try my best. The riffs all have this "jam" feel to it where they all flow kind of the same way. The vocals in nonagon, fmb and motu all have the same muddy sound and Stu is not good at coming up with new melodies for his voice. They flat out repeat motifs between different albums. The songs mostly consist of instrumental openers, then the singing starts with a mantra that will get repeated many times throughout the song and it ends with an instrumental section that can easily make a smooth transition into the next song since it sounds like they're just jamming.

Sketches is an exception and that's why I said most and not all, but I think the songs still follow the same formula, this time with the "dreamy" vocals found in pmdb instead of the muddy one and the instruments are less jammy. I have yet to listen to gumboot so I won't comment on that.

what are you on about it's literally dragonaut by sleep

I think they're musically quite varied but maybe not structure-wise, so I see where you're coming from. I don't necessarily think that a jamming vibe is bad.
I mostly listen to electronic music so when I decide I'm sick of that I would want to listen to something that utilizes what electronic music can't really replicate and a jamming vibe is an example of that.

This! I'd consider myself a fan of the Gizz but, couldnt get passed the fact that it was so similar.

Yeah, clearly drawing from Sleep here, the vocal delivery makes it pretty obvious.

>King Gizzard and Death Grips share the same fan base

why am I not surprised

Yeah that's fair, I don't think their music is bad by any means, it's just that I stopped being surprised by it kind of a while ago.

because they're both popular contemporary bands?

because they're both shitty bands for teenagers?

What is taking the mega link so long?

>King Gizzard and Death Grips are too childish for my mature, refined tastes!

If it passes legal scrutiny then it's fair game to me.

>no Christmas-themed album
they failed us guys :((

Why wouldn’t Spotify release it world wide?

I’ve carefully ranked these with a quick listen of each album from this year.
Gumboot> MOTU> FMB> Poly> SOBE

>Polygond was disappointing
I legitimately can't relate at all. It's a crazy polyrythm filled progressive acid fusion thing, like if you fed Geddy Lee acid and recorded him sleeping