Hip hop has no versatility and will be dead within 10 years. Prove me wrong

Hip hop has no versatility and will be dead within 10 years. Prove me wrong.

It's the newest major genre of music and is already out of originality, embarrassing desu

It already last for more than a deacade. Wtf are you talking about?

Possibly. Hip Hop is like the new rock, and rock is basically dead.

>implying plebs want versatility

>no genres have been invented since 1980

You evidently lack basic reading comprehension skills.

Listen to Ilmatic then Yeezus and tell me they are the same genre with a straight face

Hip hop can go as far in any directions as its artists can imagine

Even as far as singing?

MAJOR

ALTERED DOMINANT

/thread

I think Rock was a lot more versatile than Hip Hop so it can't even be considered as strong as the new rock.

Nah, hip hop isn't centered around a certain palette of sounds the way rock music is. This allows it to work with a far more diverse set of timbres, which allows for longevity. With people caring less about lyrics, and the previous things I said, it can work well as an instrumental medium, too. Not only that, from a popular perspective, since people are caring less about lyrics but still care about having enough to be able to sing along to it, hip hop can accommodate that really well with simple MCing, or something more complex for those that want it. Hip hop takes away rock music's conventional anglo approach to melody/harmony that people have only been caring about less and less post-WW2 and replaces it with a focus on rhythmic interplay (simple or complex), simple catchy instrumentation, and a wide variety of sounds that can deliver this (something people care about more and more within the post-WW2 world.) It can also accommodate other genres into it, too. You can have a vaporwave rap album, but you can't have a vaporwave rock album.

i guess we'll see in 10 years

explain dubstep u mongrel

Sure if what you mean by hip hop is somebody spitting bars on any form of instrumentation, but I believe that singing over vaporwave could give you a much broader range of possibilities and would probably sound nicer. Hip hop imposes a very strict limitation on the genre-defining instrument - the voice. I think electronic will be the genre of the future, since it does not impose any limitations on any of the instruments, the same way rock and hip hop do.

hip hop is kept alive via private equity

This. (((They))) needed something more degenerate than rock music to spew to the masses.

Electronic places the limitation that it should not be rock and it should not be hip-hop. That is one more limitation than either rock or hiphop

Rock isn't dead it's just not the mainstream sound right now

Did you actually think that was clever and made sense as you were writing it? Read it again, does it still make sense now?

Hip hop does involve singing now, too especially on a much broader range thanks to the likes of Kid Cudi and Kanye back in 2008 who really turned it into a possibility. And it might not be soaring technical melodies, but I don't think that's what people care for anymore like what I said about taking away aspects of conventional western melody.

Well it's something I care about and I'm sure many other people care about as well. The vocals on pretty much any rap song sound the same. Once they start singing can it really be called hip hop? The only thing that seems to tie the genre together, based on your description of it, is the rapping. 808s can barely be considered a hip hop record imo and the opinion of many others, it's more of a pop album than anything.

this thread is so pseud it hurts

See, it's not just rapping though. I mentioned instrumentals. Like other genres that aren't centered around particular palette of sounds (ex. Jazz) that leaves a lot more diversity as to what can be done. In a way I really agree with your statement of electronic music being the future. To me hip hop is the most accessible form of it that is also not restricted to some of the more cliche aspects of certain electronic genres (ex. tempo in the dance genres.)

Nope. The poetry in hip hop will serve as the actual rhythmic beat, and the instruments will be the actual lyrics. Transcendence.

This

SINGING IN HIP-HOP?????
I think you may have stumbled on to something new here user!!

Now you kind of lost me, if hip hop relies on instrumentals as well, how can rapping over vapor wave be considered hip hop?

if you take away the lyrics and change the sound it isn't rap anymore because the entire genre is defined by the vocal style and production

You can literally pair it with any genre and it will work.

This is what was being said over 10 years ago.

Singing in hip hop is already common. Lil Peep, Post Malone etc

Oh that's what you call that?

no good genres

I am ready for classical to make a comeback

Fuck lyrics, fuck beats, fuck guitars

Classical is still a thing, just listen to almost any movie soundtrack.

shoegaze?

>rock will never EVER be relevant again

That's not classical asshole

What is it then?