Does anyone feel like this movie was cut way worse than BvS?

Does anyone feel like this movie was cut way worse than BvS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7SySU05bQ&t=10s
youtube.com/watch?v=9OxuwDUVpTo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Explain?

I bet there are easily over 500 cuts in the movie. Most of the time one person is on screen and sometimes a whole scene consists of one word being said and then shifts to a completely different scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7SySU05bQ&t=10s

this scene tho

Thats just Anno's retarded direction style, the same happens in NGE all the time. In fact, it's a common thing in anime. Japs think many people talking really fast over a rapid fire montage == good cinematography

>caring about weebshit
kek

I understand that but it almost makes the movie unwatchable. The only good scenes are with Godzilla and for about half the movie he doesn't move.

What the fuck was his problem?

he was on land too long and needed to let off some steam

>a scene in which a bunch of japanese bureaucrats make phone calls
>this starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=9OxuwDUVpTo

Watch the non shit edit. If the one you watched was labled Resurgence, you saw the wrong one. You're looking for Shin Godzilla.

Are you saying there are two edits? Do you have any proof of this?

After doing about 5 minutes of research I found that I watched the international version which was cut by 20 minutes. I am OP and I will retract all my statements and say I am a giant fag.

I watched the Resurgence version. The editing was borderline satirical

Where can we find the uncut version ?

I didn't even realize there were two versions. I'm going to guess the asians got the shin one since that's what it's been released as right from the beginning.

>retards on /m/ talking about how great this movie is
>watch it recently
>first act is way too rushed
>no character development
>shitty visual effects
>middle act is meh at best
>Godzilla does nothing when he's on screen except walk forward
>only decent scene is the atomic breath
>third act drags and has no energy
>ending is rushed
>by the end you still don't know any of these character's names, nor do you care about them

The Godzillafags keep saying, "It's not supposed to have good individual characters because Japan as a nation is the main character!" That's just an excuse for shitty writing. That or they fall back on, "You're not Japanese, you don't understand the subtle nuance of the film!"

The 1998 American movie was better than this, and that's saying a lot.

>I need an everyman handsome character to travel across the world to save his wife's son to emotionally connect with the movie

>>no character development
user, the character development was tied to:
>>first act is way too rushed
You're entitled to the opinion that it wasn't effective but I'm going to assert here that this is an actual case where good film making was lost on someone. The rushed nature of the first act was deliberate. How the characters acted and reacted to the breakneck speed of the situations as they occurred /was/ the development. That was what we needed to know about them. How they handled shit hitting the fan.

Middle act was pretty bad though, you rite.

>>Godzilla does nothing when he's on screen except walk forward
Last quibble. I thought this was a pretty good way to establish him as a force of nature more than the monster fightan cartoon character he usually is.

This is said as a fan of Showa, Heisei, and 2014 'Zilla flicks over Shin.

you watched the leaked hd rip version, didn't you?

That one has not been released online yet if anyone wonders.
I will gladly rewatch this film again when it comes out though.

>How the characters acted and reacted to the breakneck speed of the situations as they occurred /was/ the development.
Yeah, I actually that was the right way to do a mockumentary or at least emulate the feel of one. I like that Anno made it seem like you're watch a real 'live' event.

What else would you expect from the master, Mr. Anno?

Film of the year desu.

And no, that would require a literal cave troll leaping about the screen.