So, what was the point of leaving earth for a borderline habitable planet again?

So, what was the point of leaving earth for a borderline habitable planet again?

cos humans r bad and muh environment ecks dee

nice ADHD you have there.

the first hour of the movie was about how Earth was dying and food was going to run out.

And they were going to grow food on a planet they can't live on without space suits?

If you ignore the plot the movie is pretty okay.

>We're trying to save humanity with this magic equation
>the equation wasn't actually magic
>the real magic is from a black hole
>some how transmit this magic through a watch and morse code?
>this saves the humanity

The point was they were supposed to create a human colony. They were having the two main characters make decisions for a trip that was supposed to save humanity, without having them know that their sole purpose was to establish a colony. Then they reveal that the 3rd crew member knew the entire time?

>that scene where they play it up as a race against time for him to transmit the black hole magic to his daughter when he can transmit the magic at any point in time.

What the fuck? no
they were literally looking for as close to earth like conditions as possible. ie anne hathaway's characters' planet that she eventually lands on

why did that robot on manns planet just randomly explode

why do you need to "harness gravity" to launch a space station? shouldn't it just be a matter of propulsion ?

So why is a barren desert planet more desirable than earth?

The unlivable shithole Damon planet shouldn't even have been one they would have visited, they only went there because he sent back false reading because he's history's biggest coward

It wasn't barren, it was the planet that had potential for life. And it isn't going to be 100% lethal the way Earth was going to be within 50~ years of their departure

if the fungus or whatever is so pervasive it destroys all crops on earth then what are the chances it doesnt get brought with them?

The plague was basically Gaia telling humanity to just fuck off

And it's pervasiveness was gradual, they could isolate it but not forever. They could keep the shit in space clean

why didn't tras set his possible levels to 0% and his necessary levels to 100%

It was a really big space station

Are you implying were not?

4U

I haven't rewatched this in a while. I think I'm going to. Thanks for reminding me

>If you ignore the plot the movie is pretty okay.
nolan.jpg

>all movies suck
spergs.jpg

Most mainstream movies suck, just like most mainstream music sucks.

>mainstream shit sucks
>lying to oneself about boring as tits, solemn, and morose, 'patrician' movies as some deeper, superior experience simply because they arent mainstream
KOK

I mean plenty of art films suck too. Just most mainstream anything appeals to the lowest common denominator because that's the best way to make money. I don't blame them whatsoever, but that's how it is and will always be, because it's a business.

Fair enough.

you are fucking retarded, the robot was a booby trap