Why is trap mainstream

Why is trap mainstream

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I5ZW7GrNuxA
soundcloud.com/zan-trikx/links-death-vip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It can't potentially harm someone that might think they don't have the potential to create the music they listen to because it's one of the easiest genres to produce.

GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG
>GUCCIGANG
GUCCIGANG

YA I CAME IN WITH DA SAUCE, OOH
YA I CAME IN WITH DA SAW, YEAH
BITCH I FLEX RICK ROSS, YEAH
WALK IN THE TRAP LIKE A BOSS

Because it's simple and direct, just like radio pop. Is it really that hard to figure out?

Because it's terrible.

because of Sup Forums

this

Trap is the Hegelian end of music.
A genre with a required skill level so low and level of demand so high that being successful at it is truly random.

We don't talk about that place here.

(((they))) want to dumb us down

I want to decide which one is worst, Gucci or bad bunny

i just want to punch his spic face, punch his mouth so hard that that every single one of his teeth would hang upside down from his fucking braces

u bitch dont luh do cocaih

Its not random. It's based on the cuteness of the rapper. It's essentially a fashion show masquerading as music.

being successful at anything is random
if you think capitalism fosters meritocracy you're a brainlet

Not true, being successful at anything is unpredictable but not random and the reasons for something's success can be determined retroactively. Thus far the only true randomness in the universe is trap popularity.

no, that shit is for spics and worthless niggers

It’s quick to produce, so it gets made and released very fast, and it talks about subject matter normies eat up immediately.

it's been around for like 10ish years

Because xanax is so popular.

at lest you english speakers get the cool ones like pump (in a meme kind of way)
i'm from a spanish speaking country and bad bunny is all i hear, dude is just fucking terrible

To catch all of the fish xD

what the fuck does this mean

This

Trap artists know very little music theory, but what they DO know is that trap music consists of minor scales and certain progressions, the same things a horror movie soundtrack is made of. And they also know that this new generation of kids are plagued with insecurities and desire to be "badass".
The way trap is made, music theory wise, evokes the emotion of fear and tension. And it appeals to this new generation because they'd put it on walking down the street or blaring it in their car feeling all cool and that they're feared, not knowing that they're being played by Trap artists.

That's all it comes down to. Kids want to feel badass. Trap artists are genuine, intelligent scammers

this next gen is even worse thatn millenials.

these weak feminized males with terrible tattoos

This.

fuck this no skill faggot,
why the fuck is this bitch blowing up but not actual fucking rappers?

youtube.com/watch?v=I5ZW7GrNuxA

You don't get what hip hop is about, dad, and neither does that fat goblin you posted

hurr smoke weed do drugs yeah thats hip hop now

Zaytoven might as well make that his brand, those minor scale-horror flick beats are all that nigga knows how to do.

When did rappers not do drugs or smoke weed? Go to bed grandpa

Worddddddd

It's basically the reason why Stock, Aitken and Waterman did so well in the 80s. A couple of producers smash out a load of beats and get the musical equivalent of a pro-wrestler to come absent-minded mumble on about drugs and being cool and stuff. It's just simple, catchy music with big characters pushing it. While a couple of producers hoover up a shit tonne of cash from it. Like with the Stock, Aitken and Waterman stuff the bubble will burst eventually.

i think it has a similar appeal as punk did back in the 70s and 80s. It's edgy, easy to produce and has this whole tense and feary vibe like some other user pointed out.
In the end is just young people wanting to be cool

this, it's all ((((marketing)))) directed at suburban white teens to try ad make nigger culture seem much cooler and hip

My voice is too quiet to be usually heard and when heard it's so incoherent it resembles mental retardation and might actually be a mental deficiency of some sort

this guy is rapping like its 2004

It's niggas like Pump and 6ix9ine that make me wanna pick up rapping just so I can become a mainstream latino rapper that isn't a fucking degenerate stereotype.

shit this hit it right on the head. an confirm this is how it makes me feel. Also its lit to get high and party too. I can think of anything better than blasting trap and getting top.

this was actually awful

Kill yourself, degenerate scum. Do what (((they))) want you to do.

Teenager music, they will grow up and cringe somewhere around 2025,
"I can't believe we used to listen to trap music"
"I can't believe we used to listen to nu metal"
"I can't believe we used to listen to ska"
It happens again and again.

And you sit in your room alone with no friends and no bitches.

White suburban nobodies like the sounds of drug selling and addicted people from places they actively avoid for some reason.

soundcloud.com/zan-trikx/links-death-vip

>WHY IS TRAP MAINSTREAM

I have no need for friends. Only plebeians require the approval and company of others, and seek it out through degrading themselves through degeneracy.

It's always the same weak looking suburban white/black bois, they want to feel "hard" and "dangerous" without any of the actual effort, they don't actually slang dope and they definitely don't do any actual drugs, they just want to be cool, they will grow out of it and cringe eventually, just look at the guy's hair, you would be lynched if you ever tried any of that gay ass shit in the hood.

I love trashy trap but this guy is horrid

keep telling yourself that u fucking loser

Keep regretting that you weren't born a nigger so you'd be all hard and whatever, you pathetic scum.

you have no friends because you're a fucking asshole loser, you're probably going to kill yourself soon you lonely loser lol. the world would be better off without bitter assholes like you.

You seem like such a well adjusted individual yourself, getting all worked up over what another person does with their life. Tell me, what is a popular person like you doing arguing and shitposting on Sup Forums on a Saturday night?

fat fucking loser

You're not even going to try to answer my question? Says a lot about you, you know.

nah man im enjoying life right now. remind me in 3 years when everything falls to shit. However i dont only listen to trap but sometimes its nice just to zone out and enjoy the moment with a killer track in the background.

I have no need for friends. Only plebeians require the approval and company of others, and seek it out through degrading themselves through degeneracy.

says so much about you it isnt even funny.
keep finding new ways to feel better about yourself you loser

im just bored man haha. gotta rest up before being out all day with my family and friends.

Christ, never post shit like this ever again.

I accept who I am, what's wrong with that? Better than having to constantly seek the approval and company of others.

I'm bored too, I rarely get into a good argument like this, so this is fun.

Actually, I have a policy of not continuing internet arguments if I'm not having fun anymore, and I'm getting bored again, so I'm going to leave now. You can get the last word, call me a faggot or whatever, tell your friends about when you triumphed over some loner, whatever makes you happy.

Well done.

These "Gucci gang" remixes are plain awful and lack emotion. Joyner Lucas (literally who) has gotten clout due to it and riding Lil Pump's coat-tail. It's spiritual miracle lyrical noise ad naseum; cram as many words in a sec. They don't understand the principle of getting lit.

fantastic post