Why is DC so good at making TV shows but not movies?

Why is DC so good at making TV shows but not movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9TgdDpVLS8
youtube.com/watch?v=E1b8yN4Tq-Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerless_(TV_series)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(TV_series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

CW:teen drama shows, good.

ftfy

>Why is DC so good at making animated shows but not live action?
Fixed

Of course, nobody remembers Constantine.

>The Killing Joke
>Why WAS DC so good at making animated shows but not live action?
Fixed

kek

They aren't. Their live action shows are fucking awful. However, the nature of their story style (exposition out the ass) lends itself well to an episodic format compared to Marvel (big, flashy something happening, come see) being more suited to one-offs and sequels like a movie series.
I could see a few Marvel properties doing well as a series (better than the current Netflix ones even), but I think DC should stick to TV or find better writers. They have a couple good movie type stories, but they take so long that they'd be better off making a mini series instead. Flashpoint comes to mind.

>The Killing Joke
Ugh, you can blame Brian Azzarello for that one, and also Bruce Timm for indulging his fetish for Batsecks.

Justice League Dark looks promising though.

Is it worth watching? Heard it was cancelled for another season

yeeeee get some batgirl!!

Cause they're not.

Supergirl should not be in that picture

Daredevil is good

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were mediocre

the CW shows are fun, at the very least

But Flash and Gotham are the only good DC shows. Arrow, Legends and Supergirl are all horrible.

AoS season 4 blows them all out of the water

>make Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage
>none of them show up in each others' series except Luke when he was in Jessica Jones get it?
>even S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't show up when Luke's videos start going viral, displaying abilities that scream "INHUMAN" (even if he isn't actually an inhuman) even though they've been targeting inhumans over WAY less evidence
>Night Nurse keeps going on about the good lawyer she knows for like half the fucking season, but Matt or even Foggy or Karen never show up
Why even bother having a shared universe if they never actually utilise it? They're all in the same fucking city for fuck's sake
I mean holy shit in the CW shows the characters are in different cities, different periods of time, and even a different fucking universe but they still meet up more often than the Marvel TV/Netflix characters do

they'll never make anything nearly as good as Batman TAS though.

They're saving the team up shit for the actual team show coming out. That's like bitching that Captian America and Thor weren't in the Ironman movies.

Not really, since the other Avengers are off doing their shit while Iron Man does his Iron Man shit

S.H.I.E.L.D. not showing up to at least TALK to Luke Cage is extremely out of character for the agency as a whole and breaks the belief that it's a shared universe

So you like those shows, but not the films?

Nice way to out your irrelevant opinion at the get go.

They're not good at either, you fucking retard. Every CW show is so fucking terrible it is baffling to me that anyone on this board especially enjoys it. There are superhero cartoons, mexican soap operas, and then the CW below all of that. Some of the worst cheap shit I have ever fucking seen
>HURR DURR BUT ITS FUN WHY DO U HATE FUN
I love fun, which is why I have it with my superhero comics that they pitifully try to replicate. I dont even have very high standards, coming from that perspective I can't imagine what kind of mouth breathing retard enjoys this shit.

>Teen Drama with Powers
>Arrow
>Good?
He's a murdering rich boy
>The Flash gets good after 7 eps in Season 1, Season 2 not so much.

Batman V Superman is Good you dickhead

And have you forgoteen the dark knight trilogy you fucking faggot.

It starts meh but gets better with eah episode.

>watches capshit movies
>watches capeshit tv shows

plebs

When will we see him in Arrowverse? I know he's not a part of the same universe but I read in some comics he appears in dreams

The best capeshit on tv right now is Scream Queens.

The killers wear a cape. That counts, right?

>Why is DC so good at making TV shows
Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=p9TgdDpVLS8
youtube.com/watch?v=E1b8yN4Tq-Q

Someone post the Super Girl webms, literally Smallville tier special effects

Ok whats this show about? Looks pretty interesting and fun

Lucifer moved to LA and solving crimes idk.

Is he some club owner in it? Because that's from an old movie that was the inspiration for a comic book series.

he is yes

Arrow had 1 or 2 good seasons. Flash had 1. Rest is complete garbage.

Flash has turned into Racemixing: The TV-Show. Is there even a single character on the show that isn't matched with a convenient black romancing interest?

>not liking the 100
shit tier taste

>tfw no more Constantine

He suppose to show up in Arrow again.

>Is there even a single character on the show that isn't matched with a convenient black romancing interest?
Apart from Barry who else?

the mexican sidekick was romancing a black girl at some point. Harrison Wells daughter wanted to fuck Detective West secret black son.

The plot with Barry wanting to fuck his adoptive black sister is so incredibly forced. They have zero chemestry, yet we're constantly forced to watch them rekindle their nonexistent love because reasons.

Based DC:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerless_(TV_series)

>Pudgens

YES NGGGGG

>the mexican sidekick was romancing a black girl at some point. Harrison Wells daughter wanted to fuck Detective West secret black son.
If you want to add some couple of episodes shit why not remember that Barry fucked white cop chick.

That was the only romance that many any sense, both from a logical and a chemistry point of view. Then they randomly send her away on a train because reasons, and he's suddenly deeply in love with his stonefaced black sister once again.

Based MARVEL/20th Century Fox:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(TV_series)

Dan Stevens&Aubrey Plaza.