What does Sup Forums think of The Lobster?

What does Sup Forums think of The Lobster?

it had some good ideas but it felt a bit confused.

The essential dating movie. Expect to not get laid.

good film, much better than Dogtooth

mostly genital sock formation.

Its annoying and tepid.
It's fanbase are a bunch of assholes who think it's great because they 'get it'.

>much better than Dogtooth

"""""""no""""""

I thought it was great

why the quotations
a non-equal amount from both sides as well

me IRL

did that trigger you?

no, made me curious

it really made you think, huh?

>muh dating is equally hard for both sexes

Rachel is my waifu

great movie

Inauthentic garbage that appeals to base morons.

It felt like they had a good idea with a good premise, but didnt know how to end it.

One of the good examples, like most of Stephen King's books why ending should be written first and what it should imply.

It was confusing but it made me laugh and it made me mad and I liked it metaphors about relationships.

it's like a wes anderson film not directed by wes anderson

this

overly cringey

"oh sure, we can now turn a human being into a freaking flamingo, but we don't have any other technological advances to show"

got that too

completely forced "humor" that wasn't funny

First half is okay.

Second half is significantly worse than the first and the ending is trash.

Overall it's too fucking dry throughout to the detriment of the comedy, and it's a movie that feels way longer than it is (thanks to that dogshit second half).

An incredibly "European" movie.

Not a compliment.

This.

Interesting ideas (even if the metaphors are a bit on the nose), but the execution was lacking.

It's a great example of absurdist black comedy done right, nice heartwarming message too. Beautiful visuals and the acting, for the most part at least, nicely captured people repressing their emotions without making the performances wooden.

Plebs get mad because they think they don't "get it" and they think people who enjoyed it are smug because we "get it" but the reality is that there's really nothing to "get" and you either enjoy it for what it is or you don't.

Solid 7.5/10 movie, bumped up to an 8 for making plebs so upset.

Made me hard at the point where Weisz' monologue went on about him fucking her arse, to be completely and wholeheartedly honest with you my kin.

>An incredibly "European" movie.
>
>Not a compliment.
Stick to Transformers

K I N O
I
N
O

t. Butthurt Eurotrash

Transformers was tailor made for European audiences

Actors felt autistic.

Sucked balls tbqhfamalam.

Chinese audiences*

FTFY

I enjoyed that everyone in the movie had aspergers

It wasn't a good idea to approach Sup Forums with their opinion on a film with the main theme of relationships. Even if the characters are as autistic as they are.

Best part was the bitch that hated everything.

I think that pool scene gave me a massive boner.

>"oh sure, we can now turn a human being into a freaking flamingo, but we don't have any other technological advances to show"
Its a film, user.
It doesn't have to adhere to reality. Look at it like literature.
You have stories about all kinds of things that make little to no sense if we think about it in realistic terms.

definitely one of my favorite movies this year

Didn't like it. Not gonna pretend I did because it's weird or whatever.

I like what it's going for, but I didn't like it very much in the end.

I had to pause the movie because I was laughing so hard at this part

HEAVY SYMBOLISM/10
some jokes were ok, and the cinematography was good.

I was shocked that Lea Seydoux was a "better" actress when she speaks English than during the few times she speaks French. Weird.

Also
>bisexuality is not allowed
triggered

>ywn silently autismdance while listening to Walkmans with the other rejects

very original opinion Mike Stoklasa

I just wish people would stop pretending that these sort of movies are about "weird" people. "He's single - that's weird and strange, lol" - no, it isn't. In the movie Pi, a mathematician goes completely insane, locks himself in his room and starts having paranoid attacks that God is trying to communicate to him through numbers. That's weird. Being single, or being slightly lonely (like in Her), or being a little odd - that's not weird.

I just wish they'd stop pretending it was.

Youre projecting. While the movie itself has an air of "weird", the main character is never implied to be abnormally "weird". He's just never found someone and has some sexuality issues. He's never painted as "weird" in context within the universe.

Odd, but great. The second half is definitely much worse than the first.

>I just wish people would stop pretending that these sort of movies are about "weird" people.
This movie isn't just about weird people, it's about a weird universe.

I'll take interesting ideas and lacking execution or a bad ending any day over a dull uninspired movie that gets shoveled out to be "safe".

>i am single but i can't relate to other abnormal people

So would I.

Doesn't mean the first category isn't worth complaining about.

I felt the dialog was a bit too blunt and obvious at times. Reminded me of Ricky Gervais' atrocity The Invention of Lying in that regard.

essential numale core

>felt
More than felt. They outright went to the top of the spectrum, and made no attempt to hide it. Every single character.