Hey what the fuck is going on with Eminem?

Hey what the fuck is going on with Eminem?

Believe it or not, I've found stuff to enjoy on every album of his so far, even Recovery had some great tracks, but I'm like 12 songs in so far and I have no idea what he's trying to do.

Surrounded himself with yes-men and trys too hard to imitate the 80s hiphop sound

He's trying way too hard with the 'fuck drumpf and fuck wypipo' shit
There's nothing worse than someone who hates themselves.

I liked In Your Head, but yeah this album sucked. The problem with most of the album is it sounds like he hasn't progressed at all in the last decade and his political songs have no bite

Eminem's music has always been about self-hate
this is the album in which that is the LEAST prominent

He going for "tracks for everyone" album, so it's unlikely that most people will enjoy it, but just as unlikely that you won't like a single track. It's kinda like Curtain Call but with fresh tracks.

Eminem is a orange white cop who only made it because of his rich dad? Nigga, what?

Untouchable was actually really cool, provided you tune-out the bizarre pandering lyricism. That sample was genius, but it saddens me that he wasted it on a Dindu song. Chloraseptic, Remind Me, Framed, and Offended were alright too, I guess.

I still think he relies way too much on goofy skanks like Skylar Grey to create some sort of ultra catchy hook that will hide the fact that he can't write a song for shit anymore. And whenever he's not doing that, he's ruining songs with obnoxious stadium rock samples.

>hide the fact that he can't write a song for shit anymore
I disagree with a lot of what you said but this seems pretty spot on. Although it's funny that Untouchable is probably one of the best counter examples, ignoring same old shit about Hailie/muh overdose.

His Manager Rosenberg also left to become CEO of Def Jam so I'm assuming his guidance and input also left the table. Also people need to take into account that Eminem is so GIGANTIC a star that he cant really go anywhere in public so hes isolated from most of the stuff that goes on in the world. Not saying hes disconnected from the world but that it is seen through a filter cause he is being removed from being part of the general public cause he is too big a star

no, he's a white person, which he seems to hate

So whites in Murica who fought against Hitler hated white people. Mkay.

>Eminem is a orange white cop who only made it because of his rich dad? Nigga, what?
>So whites in Murica who fought against Hitler hated white people. Mkay.
Are you under the influence of anything right now or is English maybe not your first language?

SSLP
MMLP
TES
Recovery
MMLP 2
Relapse
Encore
Revival
Infinite

he literally says hes embarrassed to be white

LICHURLLY

leafy is the le 56 percent of happas

Man, you're just painfully slow.

So let's make it simple, why are accusing a rapper just calling out another piece of shit, that happens to be white, of some anti-white bullshit and self-hatred?

Get your ears checked.

You grew up, have nostalgia for his older shit and as such can't recognise that he was always bad.
Like every one, once you run out of things to say there's no point making more stuff but he kept putting out stuff anyone so it's completely devoid of substance. That's the answer to why anyone turns to shit after making something notable.

get yours checked, he says it quite clearly on untouchable

Fuck off, Sup Forums hipster.

Maybe on your personal cover of it. user, seriously, stop embarrassing yourself, it takes few seconds to google the lyrics.

>And I admit, there have been times where it's been embarrassin' to be a...

Not the user you're responding to, but the connotation in Eminem's lyrics clearly points to him not liking white people (or at least white-on-black crime, which is as statistically insignificant as your chances of being struck by a lightning shark).
>No one's ever indicted you
>Why? 'Cause you're a white boy, white boy, you're a rockstar"
>White boy, white boy ... you're untouchable

The entire song is based on a narrative that whitey is evil and prosecutes African-Americans due to, and I quote, "subconscious racism," which has been proven to be false. Stop pretending like your ears are clogged. If you're trolling, well done, here's your (You).

>U r hipster cos u say he not good
Yeah, no. I liked him when I was 12 too, you'll grow out of it soon.

And after that there is the joke-y chorus, not part of something Em says as himself. Just like the cops hunting for negros or the negro going with white devils stuff. Did the voice or music change not tip you off? The entire context of the track?

>but the connotation in Eminem's lyrics clearly points to him not liking white people
There is absolutely nothing indicating that.

>or at least white-on-black crime
Still not there. It's about police brutality, mainly white on black in this case.

>which is as statistically insignificant as your chances of being struck by a lightning shark
So is muh terrorism in the West, yet it doesn't stop people to bitch about it and waste billions on "defense", attack civil rights and so on. Besides, it's one thing having a crazy unlikely event happen out of nothing and a completely other to get mistreated by people whose job is to protect you, and who tend to get away without massive consequences after fucking up.

Also, doubt it's THAT rare, the number of people killed by American cops is pretty insane compared to other first world countries, and negros are on the receiving end more often than not when adjusted to population.

it's like anything resembling meaning has been sucked out from American culture, I mean, it was always bad, but now it's like it has been reduced to nothingness, nothingness and Drumph. It's like living in another planet. Eminem belongs in the distant past with the rest of the rubbish.

First of all, not the same poster.
Second of all I don't care about Revival, Eminem, or Trump. I was just asking whether you're intoxicated right now or don't speak English well.

He's probably just a nigger.

yeah,the voice and music changes, thats where he's speaking more earnestly and not doing the "cops hunting the negros" bit, and thats where he says it feels embarrasseed to be white and feels like dying over it, whats your point?

>hats where he's speaking more earnestly and not doing the "cops hunting the negros" bit
You're almost there. But before he can say the entire sentence in a serious voice, everything changes again, indicating fucking tongue in cheek humor and not whatever white guilt fantasies you want to project into it.

so you think he's saying its embarrassing to be white ironically or something? why would he bring it up at all ? he also says the part about wanting to die after all that.
the original poster was accusing him of trying too hard to castigate himself for being white. having a "jokey" chorus doesnt change that.

It's 2017 we all hate ourselves and want to die. I'm a white passing le 56% mexican mongrel, so I get to hate myself both for being white and for not being white enough.]

Infinite should be on top...you don't know shit

>why would he bring it up at all ?
Because it fits well in the context of the track with the chorus and will make people talk even more about it? "OMGEE, Eminem is so woke!" "Holy shit, what an anti-white cuck, (((they))) made me do it"

Untouchable was the only good step in the clusterfuck of a PR for Revival.

well well done to him if he just wants to "get people talking", he's still trying too hard and its awful

le contrarian

>Girl, you're just gonna have to put them other chumps on the back burner
>You got buns, I got Asperger's
fucking amazing

seriously? he wants to be taken seriously these days or not?

i'm not even gonna bother listening to this album I haven't heard a single positive thing about it. god damn em fell off hard he should just retire

I completely agree

>joke-y chorus