/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

Godin Edition.

How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png (embed) (embed)
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qmOLtTGvsbM
clyp.it/xobudql0
youtube.com/watch?v=5aDWDt-xrbs
youtube.com/watch?v=-DMyM7ARJUI
youtube.com/watch?v=PjZiCo02HxU
youtube.com/watch?v=GYHW_DndeWE&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump limit still far from being reached, this is a spam thread

This is a faggot.
Go drink soy milk

There is literally no reason to buy Fender.

I tried to organize my pedal area a bit better. How did I do? There are a couple 10 ft cords in the mix since I won't be buying any patch cables until I have an actual structure to affix my pedals to (whether DIY or otherwise). Then, I'll have very precisely measured cables.

looks good man! you gonna get it all onto a board?

I certainly hope so. It will need to be a big one, for sure

I also just finished out a pickup swap in this Cort G260. Chinese Duncan JBs out, Dragonfire actives in. I'm really pleased with the way it came out. I used an EMG solderless wiring harness, but did end up needing to solder the ground into the trem claw and the whole input jack. I also did the 24V mod. Sounds pretty decent so far, although I haven't had much of a chance to test it out

... And this was the lowlite of my day. My damn kid knocked over my mic boom and crushed the headbasket of this brand new condenser mic I literally just got out of the mail. I did one recording of acoustic guitar, which sounded awesome. I've got a replacement grill on the way. Hopefully the mic itself is still functional

Anyone ever notice how this song has a ripping solo in it at 3:14?
youtu.be/qmOLtTGvsbM

my wife's damn kid*

Ya got me

What are scalloped frets like?

I hope you beat his ass

feels like playing a normal guitar for the most part, just no wood under your fingertips. Like your fingers are floating on steel beams. Really comfortable imo

He's 2. He was punished appropriately. Ended up not being a huge deal since I found a replacement grill for $9

does that fucking matter
does it even change toan

*blocks your path*

No probably not but the look of it just irks the shit out of me

hello, my name is Samuel

yes mm sexy

hehe, i was thinking this

what is that thing for

I'm having a debate with my friend.

>does shape of an electric guitar affect the sound?

I posit yes, because by some extensions, the strings are attached to the body. A more resonant wood would have higher sustain and deeper tones, right?

Compare something like a Les Paul and Flying V, both made of mahogany: they sound very different.

damn I'm jelly, that's a sweet colour. I would just buy a squier bronco bass but I'm a filthy leftie and they don't make them for my ilk ;_;

pretty sure it's a thumb rest.

Yeah.

that's not mine, just a pic I saved. I don't have a bass at the moment but I just like to look at Fender shortscale basses.

Are Squiers any good at all? I want to pick up a cheap Tele or Strat just to fool around with and maybe encourage my wife to learn. But not if they're irredeemably shit.

Like how far is a $250 Squier Strat from a $700 MIM Fender Strat in terms of build quality? Pups can be swapped.

We're getting into Butterfly Effect territory in these toanwoodz discussions.

just gotta give it a good setup, maybe change tuners, bridge, new nut, as well as pickups.
after all thats done it'll be one hell of a beginner instrument forsure

STOP TORTURING ME
I really need a short scale because I love doing insane bends which the lowered tension would help. I'm also a very small guy (for you) so the lower frets are in a much more natural position.
But I'm also an aesthetics whore so I won't settle for less than a Musicmaster/Mustang shape.

Squiers are pretty decent in my experience.

it's pretty rare you'll get a really shit one desu they all play alright once they are setup properly

a Squier Standard is fine with a good setup. You don't have to throw a bunch of money at it and swap out every single part, either. Anything lower than a Standard won't fit a Fender neck though, if you'd ever want to do that. The Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified are better than the Standards. My Vintage Modified Jazzmaster is good for $250.

look at pic related. don't you wish you were living this good life right now? I know I do.

>Are Squiers any good at all?
nop

clyp.it/xobudql0

>people who don't used angled cables for front-facing jacks
Why would you ever do this

how gg finds of these tones
youtube.com/watch?v=5aDWDt-xrbs

best guitarist in the thread

me

rhythm guitar kino

Why does everyone in these threads arrange their pedalboards so tightly

Prove it

ask anyone itt

Fuck off sam

hello honey

Squier strats and teles are fine. Squier offsets-Jaguars, Jazzmasters, Mustangs are all horrible imo. I've never heard pickups sound worse than a squier Jaguar (I own the fender version for reference)

There's literally no reason to buy anything.

you better swap out that pickguard you fucking faggot

Their mexican stuff is as good as any other new production(korean/indo) for the price. The Mexican Charvels especially are insanely good.

windscreen pattern absolutely changes what the capsule picks up. Compare a sm57 and 58 on vocals for proof

Feel free to point me in the direction of aftermarket CORT pickguards, since there's such an abundance.

>that guy obsessed with how fast he can play
these people need to be gassed

youtube.com/watch?v=-DMyM7ARJUI
:)

>Godin Edition.
my Richmond Dorchester made by Godin

*snaps all those records over my knee*

Why would you destroy music?

Angled headstock + thin bag = bad idea?

The bag is just a plain bag with no supports. I've put straight headstocks guitars in there and transported them with no problem but straight headstocks can take a ton of abuse, I just don't know how much an angled headstock can take.

As gay as this sounds I just wanna learn guitar so I can play final fantasy songs by finger picking

It doesn’t sound gay but you are a faggot

i found an amazing riff in a jam tape done by a well known band over 20 years ago. it was never made into a real song or anything, reckon i could lift it and use it as my own?

My local shop doesn't carry any Squier Standards with maple fb (what I'm looking for), with the next best being Deluxe. Is that better than Standard?

*Blocks your path*

Why is anhemitonic pentatonic scale sometimes called minor? Pic related. What makes it minor? There are no flat notes.
I may be talking bullshit, cause I'm trying to learn the theory by myself.

>that guy threatened by people who play better than him
these people need to get good

What are you talking about, minor third makes it a minor, can you refrase the question? I can't see how would the absence of semitones be relevant in this context.

>playing faster = better

Yes, that's true. No other instrument has the amount of insecurity and cuckery about fast technical playing that babyboy guitar players do. They quake in their boots when people are better than them, so they make up excuses like "no soul", "just scales", etc. It's pathetic.

What software has the best guitar amp simulation? Is there anything as good as the real thing?

Why are all bass guitars in ugly as shit colours? All I want is a solid white one.

scuffham´s S-Gear 2

>Is there anything as good as the real thing?
kinda no the real thing are the toobs being toobs

and you need to simulate all of them which is impossible
´nyway cleans have been always easy to simulate, not so much high gain toobs.

just get a Fender MIM P-bass in white

Are there any minor thirds on the diagram on the photo? I got used to seeing flattened (b) notes in minor scales and sharp (#) notes or "neutral" notes in major ones.
Please explain a bit, I'm trying to understand scales and pick notes consciously without adopting box/shape thinking.

Don't cut a jalapeno and try to fap after. One of the worst experiences I had.

wtf does that have to do with guitars?

i'm gonna jam with strangers from craigslist this week. I'm really excited. Seems like we are all on the same page about wanting to do the band thing. I really don't think I'm good enough to be in a band yet but I have been practicing over 3 hours a day sometimes lately. I'm really fucking nervous honestly.

when you meet them play smoke on the water as hard as you can and head bang like an animal

i hope they gangbang you faggot.

You’re going to waste their time

ty friends

>as good as any other new production(korean/indo)
>as good as
>good

do wonderwall

i've got 3 original songs i'm working on and i've memorized feel the pain (including vocals and solo) by dinosaur jr because the bassist is a fan of them..
i'm probably gonna learn a few more songs by them and some other bands he said he liked before hand. he said he wants to do original music tho which is refreshing.

Put the cable through your strap, retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=PjZiCo02HxU
I found these recordings of Faguel and JcmGayHundred

>0:18

I think that's Roman actually

weren’t you the one that used virtual instruments for your guitar? i vaguely remember this is a /prod/ thread.

any California anons wanna buy that amp and cab? hit me up

Who is Roman and why do you fags never stop talking about him?

the people who mention roman is roman himself perpetuating his meme status

bassfag confirmed as roman

Sharps and flats have nothing to do with the quality, or rather, "major/minor"-ness of a scale, it's just the way we write music. An A# major scale is just as "major" as an Ab major scale. From what you wrote I feel that you want to internalise the notes, this is a good idea. I suggest you set yourself with a pedal tone (meaning a drone tone), which will be the root (the 1st) and then play the 5th, then the two 3rds, the 7ths and so on over it. You will find that there are 7 different diatonic arrangement, 3 major, which are based on major triad and pentatonic, 3 minor, based on minor triad and pentatonic, and 1 diminished. These are called modes (of western diatonic scale in this example).

youtube.com/watch?v=GYHW_DndeWE&feature=youtu.be

does that mean you're him as well?

Also, yes, there are minor thirds on the diagram, G is the minor third of E

nop, simple i demistfy him

but you are and should fuck off
dont you need to take your strogen pills ?

You're right. Atleast "playing fast isn't my thing" passes as an excuse for nota being able to do it, but complaining about the soul/feeling meme is just ridiculous