Why aren't comedians funny anymore?

Why aren't comedians funny anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?tid=sm_tw
youtube.com/watch?v=JyvE3Y-chcg
youtube.com/watch?v=mvcoX6EQH2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because we realized they're all liberal shills and calling a guy drumpf a million times just isn't funny it was funny when they made fun of george bush because he was an enormous fuck up and no one wanted to be in the middle east.

Why isn't anything good anymore?

Why do I spend the majority of my time just sitting down staring at my empty Gmail account?

Too preachy and most of their jokes have a punchline that revolves around sex and/or cringeworthy things.

Loaded question, fuck off alt-right shill.

Sage

They lost their edge and become shills for the liberal establishment

see patton oswalt

they were never funny

The whole reddit thing about how comedians are the new philosophers and they are the only ones who REALLY tell the truth got to them in a bad way

The only comedians that just tell jokes to make me laugh only talk about weed and none of them are funny either

>"Philosophy is the comedian's poison" - Carson

>"Comedians are the new philosophers" - Millennials

What happen'd?

there are, you just have to look further

hey reddit

Because they decided that making cynical quips at things they personally don't like is a way to both humor and enlightening stupid masses.

All jokes expired. Welcome to 2017.

because you got too politicized, uptight and generally incapable of laughing at yourself/your stances which is kind of a fundamental element of comedy

standup comedy was always a shit medium, and after carlin it only got worse

comedians are outdated anyway. it's all about memes now

It's not just comedians, OP. Everything and everybody is way too politicized these days.

And no, it's not just ""liberals"" like Sup Forums and Sup Forums would like you to think but right leaning comedians are doing the same thing too. It's like everybody is waiting for some "final big duel" between modern right and left but it's hopefully never going to come.
It's a shame really but I suppose we'll just have to wait for more stable times when people don't want to mess around with politics as much

I'd say out of current comedians only Jimmy Carr and Michael McIntyre make me laugh. One uses dark humor, other uses mundane life humor, and neither goes into any politicized mesas.

I get that the reverse efforts to make liberals sound retarded is genuine, but you could try harder.

>It's a shame really but I suppose we'll just have to wait for more stable times
This is a direct result of stable times. People looking for problems and a big scary enemy

then why weren't they doing the same thing in the same scale during the 00's?

ricky gervais was never funny,

HELLA EPIC!!!!!!!!!! xD

The 00s weren't all that stable, user. Comedians were united in a general state of angst, fear and distrust

Trump is a Russian plant.

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?tid=sm_tw

not really you just became a Sup Forums SJW

everything that bashes white people males or christians offends you so nothing is funny to you anymore

so you admit that everything out there bashes white christians?

what a shit opinion

extras and the office are masterpieces. thats fact

If speaking truth to power is bashing, sure. Get triggered, fuckface.

everything gets bashed that's the point of comedy. you just take it too personally when you get bashed

or

it's not just that

comedian jokes about a black guys dick size
>TRIGGERED
comedian jokes about getting paid more than a woman for doing the same job
>TRIGGERED
comedian jokes about how funny racists are
>TRIGGERED

Again its like SJWs, if they even one thing that offends your Sup Forums sensibility it doesn't matter what else they do, they are a FUCKING SHITLORD KEK

Not him but I feel like the point he's making is that comedians only bash him and don't make fun of themselves/ "their own side" so to speak

Comedians still being funny if you agree with them politically doesn't really seem like the point of it all

>Not him but I feel like the point he's making is that comedians only bash him and don't make fun of themselves/ "their own side" so to speak

Well that's a shitty, Baader-Meinhof-fueled point.

iktf bro

you guys are doing a good job

most comedians are self-deprecating, it's part of the reason tv calls any white person that criticizes themselves a cuck

This. He's an annoying crying little britbong cuck who should just retire

>announcing sage

that would be depression

Comedy became politics and politics became comedy

It's one guy

>right wants me to be their puppet
>left wants me to be their puppet
>center wants me to be their puppet

Everyone is talking about politics all the fucking time.

Make it stop.
I just want to talk about the girls I find hot, and what I'm going to do for fun tomorrow.

Comedians have an easier, but at the same time harder stay in the industry now. So many comedians come and go now at such a more exposed setting, that it sets a tone off that infects more facets of life, including politics, race, religion, etc. This is essentially comedians "expanding" their base of topics, in that all off them who follow suit, are likely to get more exposure. What SHOULD occur, is comedians start competing against others for the best spot, but a comedy won't act like other ones, due to the influx of participants.

>tldr more people in the biz, harder chance at creating and showing uniqueness leading to an overall blended characterization of the comedy industry.

epic

Political correctness

The last good comedian

I can't tell if that's more or less convincing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JyvE3Y-chcg

I would have respected him had he cut that into his chest rather than just crayoned it on with what looks like lipstick.

HELL-UH!

EP-IC!

yeah i just want my daily soma injection bro

Everything has to be political now because the marxists are on the verge of winning, maybe trump can hold them off but look at how the liberals are frothing at the mouth for "diversity"

Watchmen reboot starring certified /ourguy/ Ricky Gervais as the Comedian when?????

because its all political agenda pushing bullshit and liberals are faggots

I liked him better as a David Bowie wannabe.

youtube.com/watch?v=mvcoX6EQH2s

What was ricky even trying to communicate with this image, was he literally just trying to be edgy??

What a fucking faggot

People seem to be much more invested in the idea that creating a perfect society is both possible and a moral imperative, at least compared to the past few decades. Of course no one is going to have the same vision of perfect so there's going to be friction no matter what, but the gommies seem to be feeling pretty emboldened so they're going on the offensive.