Oh jingle bells

>oh jingle bells
>batman smells
>robin laid an egg
This was edgy back in 1989

>this was acceptable parenting in the late 80s-early 90s.

No but doing it during an actual Christmas pageant is

This. It's blasphemous to do such a thing while singing praise/worship music to Santa.

No it wasn't

It should still be. Have you seen kids today? Some of them need to be fucking strangled

No wonder the boy is slow and can't focus.

The jews were still in the early stages of their degeneration of youth

>realize lisa is only smart because homer didnt abuse her physically.

>Yankee Doodle went to town, Riding on a Pony!
>Stuck his finger up his ass, And called it Macaroni!

How could Robert Goulet knew those lyrics?

People say The Simpsons was edgy and satirical, but nothing about at all pushed any kind of boundaries or limitations of taste. The whole show is about as safe, politically correct, and non-offensive as you can get.

At the time it was, It's easy to look back and think of it as being quite cheesy, but it was one of the first popular cartoons to show a dysfunctional realitic-ish family with episodes of them going to a psychiatrist, Homer only caring about beer and watching tv, Bart constantly getting into trouble and so on. Without the Simpsons modern television would have been so much different.

It was though. Parents forbid their kids to see it like Beavis and Butthead or when South Park first started. It was shocking at the time for a 10 year old to say, "I'm Bart Simpson. Who the hell are you?" on TV

Without the Simpsons modern television would have been so much different

The Flintstones pretty much did all that years before, so I don't think The Simpsons were champions of anything revolutionary or groundbreaking. The "dysfunctional cartoon family" theme was always inevitable, so if the Simpsons didn't do it, some other show would have.

The Flinstons was also revolutionary in it's time, and what made the Simpsons special is that it was actually funny. The cartoons for adult or cartoons that appeal to both adults and kids had been tried before, the Simpsons certainly are not the first one but they did it in a way that it was relatable and actually very funny.

those were better times.

>Simpsons special is that it was actually funny

Flintstones was hilarious. Could've done without the canned laughter, but the jokes were still pretty solid.

>canned laughter in a cartoon
What did they mean by this?

t. Gen Z

Sitcoms had audience laughter to emphasize the jokes, so I guess they wanted their cartoons to have the same feel.

>Flintstones was hilarious
Are you fucking serious?

It goes "riding on a rocket" and "called it Hersey's chocolate" in my town.