One of these threads

One of these threads.

Oddly enough, you had better taste at 10 then you did at 13.

so you evolved into a soyboy for what I see

Where's the exploitable

DEPLOY
E
P
L
O
Y
>
SOY
O
Y

Evolution is a myth.

i gotta listen to more floyd
pretty solid progression
i'd chill with you

good shit

>cardiacs
>oingo boingo
noice

Solid lineup of albums, prolly should've put more for mine

edgy
gay
holy shit you little faggot
you're a fucking loser who has no idea what he's doing and probably legit thinks he has "weird" taste. fuck off

you look like you've grown into an angsty faggot.
you have to be 18+ to use this board user

these threads are always edgy and gay

ok

Nice

god bless your black heart

I have never being too much into music since I got internet access only after I was like 15, so I know this is shit

how do you not kill yourself being this negative

Template?

Made one for this board

Hell yea some David Sylvian!

always post, never get replies. PLS VALIDATE
why did you get so angry?
i like maybe 2 albums here??
Not judging negatively but I feel like you have just become more and more Sup Forums
good on Can, Foetus, and Zappa.
I don't know if we'd get along, sowwy :(

10/10 for accuracy.

Can you give me a quick rundown on how to be as cool as you? Like maybe send me a pdf or something?

egotistical fag

1. spend a decent amount of time doing doodles for this on paint, decide not to edit in album art to give more room for artist names

2. post it in every "age progress" thread and get disappointed by how little these threads get response from the board in general, want some actual discussion, start joking about validation because i post in these when I see them.

3. keep doing it hoping for some discussion between yourself and an user replying to you, and instead get nothing at all, or a snarky response from someone who most likely didn't even make an image for the thread.

I hate
this

the only thing anyone ever says in these threads is that people's tastes got worse

I think I read some old Damon Albarn interview where he says an aim of the gorillaz was to get kids into more genres of music than what they might hear on the radio. I think this thread is proof he was successful.

what the fuck is up with that skateboard grip. and the yellow wheels. and you quit? you truly are a soyboy

was the only way i could do it in paint to look decent while i was drunk. had purple trucks too if you don't think I'mn obnoxious enough already. didn't quit, just stopped defining myself by a hobby after 13

oh. that's cool then. fucked up my ankle really badly trying to do a phat frontside carve today

Using an anonymous board as a place to talk about yourself is not a bright idea.
Just shitpost and don't worry too much about others.

Nice

the intent was not to talk about myself, it never has been, it's been to talk to others about age/ taste progression. I think it would be an interesting discussion between anons to see the more "in depth" reasoning as to musical taste shifts such as life situation, emotional state, general personality from year to year, etc.
You know, more like these threads were meant to facilitate. Maybe you're right but I wish we had more of a discussion based community than a LOLMEMERXDXD FUCK YOU I SHITPOST "vibe". I get it, it's Sup Forums, and a particularly meh board over the past few years, but these threads get derailed immediately and no one actually engages, not even most of the posters of their images. that's why "i hate this"

In the end everyone just always wants to talk about themselves so I let myself make the same assumption about you.
Even if I drop it, this thread is still pretty gay. By design you're asked to make yourself a little avatar and a "bio". And the main suggested topic of discussion is "so how exactly did your music taste became so shit?" which is basically an invitation to start rambling on about how your uncle Belphegor gave you some pot leaves and got you into Deep Purple.
It's way less about music and more about how YOU experienced it. It doesn't quite fit with the whole anonymity thing. It would go just fine with the anonymity thing on /soc/, I'll give you that, but sadly that place is a mess right now.

You may have missed the point of what I mean, I think that this kind of thread can facilitate interesting discussion if everyone involves themselves.
Like would it not be interesting to find patterns between "taste and genre" and something like "environment and mood"? My goal is to find patterns or shared experience that anons may have that lead to certain interests, while also giving credence to legitimate and (as I have at least some sense of humor left) humorous responses.
You're under the impression that I'm focusing on the self.
To a degree I am, otherwise I would ignore the thread entirely, but I'm more interested in "real" discussion of taste evolution, humor, and some possible insight into my own and other user's personal taste that can be gained from something like this. Do you see what I mean?
You're actually inquiring as to what I mean, albeit not in the most friendly manner, but I honestly could care less because conversation is conversation in a thread like this. Wouldn't you agree speaking like this is more rewarding? Now imagine if the whole thread was similar to this, except on topic. Wouldn't that be a wonderful treasure trove of fun "music" insight?
I feel as though you're a little bogged down in the "image" element. I mean I spent a lot of time diddling with mine, but with "taste" information only the thread would remain the same. I feel as though the "avatar" element is more personal satisfaction for an user who is into it than anything else

Also, same user as this
I don't mean to be a cunt by saying you missed the point, sorry for the crassness, but do you feeeeeeel what I mean?

I'm glad you're feeling better now

Made me laugh more than it should have

Just delete the albums from OP and there you go.

fucking normies get off my board REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

relatable amirite

I never participate in these threads because I only listened to pop-punk from age 10-16

That s because its usually true, a lot of people's charts just show them growing away from taste they developed themselves towards a set of Sup Forums-approved artists.
E.g

It's because we find out we like the Sup Forums-approved artists

>10
alright fair enough
>13
ehhh
>16
faggot
>20
aiiight p good
gay and not relatable at all. fuck all those albums except gorillaz
super gay

>KMFDM

what

b&

you seem edgy but coo
cool
smoke alot but probably not obnoxious, a little lonely
looks to laot of alt mainstream for taste, but seems like they could genuinely discover good stuff on their own
very quiet

It sucks

KMFDM is good

no and it pains me that there even associated with the industrial genre at all even though they are post. fucking trash.

Who cares what they are associated with. They make good music.

>They make good music

>Public Strain
My nigga

r u a wizard

so you are basically me

Good taste, and cool to see someone on Sup Forums jamming Switchblade Symphony. Of The Wand and The Moon is also god to see, and your taste being brought up. You're pretty cool!

think its time to kill yourself at this point buddy

You have to be 14. Or you're autisitic.

>i hate
>this

>frontside carve

ok lol 9/10 chance this one guy talking to himself on here

thanks man. mostly come on here to find poeple to add on slsk and actually talk about music and bleeps and shit. and go to chart or attempt dark threads. This board can be pretty bad but I can try. I still love switchblade symphony

I'm Vintersword on SLSK, haven't been on in a while, but it'd be cool to be back there again. Sup Forums has changed since I first started coming here, the memes of today are not as fun and neither are the people.

this is shit m8

shit I cant find you, im crumchy

Around age 10 I was mostly listening to classic rock Zeppelin and Floyd mostly.

13, I was a total deathcore/hardcore fag, teen angst was at its height and I thought I was the most br00tal kid in the school.

16, Mellowed out, started smoking weed and religiously listened to literally nothing but Sleep, Om, and Electric Wizard day after day after day.

Today I mostly stick with Earth, Heartless Bastards, some assorted indie folk, some stoner metal every month or so, and a dash of EHG every now and then when I'm having a bad day.

red hot chili peppers, mtv-core

power metal, rammstein, system of a down, entry level metal

90s alt rock

now i listen to a lot..
drone, jazz, black metal, ambient, 90s rock, folk, idm, slowcore, shoegaze, math rock... list goes on

I’m glad your taste improved with age

Surprised you didn't get into 3rd wave black metal

I only ever listened to 2nd wave. I still bump Burzum every now and then.

hell yeah

Most of the music that defined my taste, I listened around 15-18 though

You're the only person in this thread who is going to heaven when he dies.

basic bitch indiehead

wut

>Watching mtv in 2003

waifu fag

fuck ya mechwarrior soundtracks!

Wait Ian is that you?