/trek/

Can we have a /trek/? Cause I do like having some /trek/ while watching VOY on one screen and playing STO on the other.

First for Captain Benjamin "Maximum Spoonhead Casualties" Maxwell did nothing wrong

Second for Gul "The Photon Torpedo is my Penis" Dukat did nothing wrong

>STO
my nigger

I keep seeing this guy posted, and I remember his face, but what exactly was it he did?

He was a Section 31 asset who was engaging with clandestine Cardassian incursions within the Federation. Gul Dukat's cousin actually called the cops on him, so O'Brian shows up and sings a song with him.

The Wounded is my favourite TNG episode, you should re-watch it if you don't remember it.

He was attacking Cardassian ships and Picard was sent to stop him.

Who has the endless suffering of Miles O'Brien episode guide?

he wanted to start a war by himself.
the federation sent picard to kick his shit in.

Is he a wormhole alieeeeeeeeeen!

>he wanted to start a war by himself.
No he didn't, the Cardassians were arming their civilians in the neutral zone for war and Maxwell was trying to stop them. Picard was a rules lawyer and obeyed the treaty despite the Cardassians not doing the same, he even refused to gather proof by boarding their ships.

Picard knew at the end of the episode that the Cardies were in fact transporting weapons, and it was proven for certain in DS9: The Maquis

He was literally right.

Why did the Federation seem to struggle so much in the Cardassian war? We barely hear about it until they introduce the spoonheads, and it seems like the Federation lost a ton and wanted to keep the peace no matter what.

Did they just not put a ton of resources into it? I mean they could've just asked the Klingons to deal with it and they would've raped the Cardassians.

>watching Voyager

Why?

I genuinely can't think of even one thing that he did wrong.

Ominous background music does not a villain make.

I always assumed having basically enslaved the entire Bajoran species gave them the upper hand when it came to constructing ships and weapons, similar to what happened to them again during The Dominion war.

They should have just dropped the "b-but we aren't the military!" shtick and started stockpiling armaments in times of peace.

>Klingon War
>Cardassian War
>Romulan War
>Constant Borg Skirmishes
>Dominion War

Even if they aren't the military, they act like it when required and should be allowed to be prepared like a good boy scout.

He fell for the Cardassians' ruse to abduct Picard hook, line and sinker.

trek posting?

He might have been right, but that didn't justify his actions of triggering another war with the Cardassians. He allowed his emotions to get the better of him.

I'm going through everything ST, starting with TOS.
And I'd say it gets enjoyable after first two seasons.

But then that makes them look worse to the Klingons.

For my money, they probably just weren't prepared to fight an enemy as efficient and thorough as the Cardies. Klingons are piss-easy to understand and anticipate but the Cardies are slippery and think about the results instead of the glory.

So did everyone, and it was such a convoluted and implausible scheme that no one would have figured it out anyway.

>MIIIIIRRRREEEESSS??!?!!? Have you seen my Bajoran Sneezing Holly?

i hate the reboot movies. also how shitty is the new tv series going to be? we're smack dab in the middle of the age of SJW so i have a feeling it is going to be SJW trek in space.

They did figure it out eventually though, but only after falling for it.

Ironically, Federation Security or Section 31 probably would have spotted it instantly if he actually did have the defence plans for Minos Korva.

>he didnt want to start a war
>he just ran off and started attacking ueheuheuhe

>Picard knew at the end of the episode that the Cardies were in fact transporting weapons, and it was proven for certain in DS9: The Maquis

Picard didn't have physical proof, though. He just knew through observation that the transports were well armed for simply bringing basic supplies. The fact of the matter was interfering with those transports would be seen as an act of war and Picard was doing his duty as an officer to maintain the peace.

He knew telling the Federation wouldn't help, and was proven correct when he told Picard . He deprived the enemy of some armaments before they started attacking Federation Citizens, but as nobody else did anything, they were all killed.

They hadn't attacked yet and there was no physical proof besides the words of a man who has been affected by the war on a personal level (his son being killed by Cardassians). Any rational thinking person would think this guy is just being paranoid due to this trauma he's gone through.

Yeah they were "doing it" at the end simply as a subversion to a cliched story. But once again there was no physical proof, thus the Federation have no grounds to declare it an act of war.

>There's no proof!
Can we look for some then?
>NO! REEEE!

If obeying the rules mean you lose then the rules are stupid and must be changed. His solution wasn't perfect, but capturing them probably wasn't an option seeing as the cargo vessels were being guarded by warships and Picard sent them their shield codes.

So why are the Cardassians dressed like Kryten?

that idiot totally ruined section 31s false flag attack and forced the voyager conspiracy to happen.

>Maxwell is about to attack a Galor-class Cardassian Warship and a cargo ship
>Picard is so scared of being seen as racist he sends the Cardassians the prefix codes to disable his shields
>Maxwell takes a direct hit but wins anyway

>Maxwell meets up with Picard and realises he's a cuck
>Leaves and prepares to BTFO more Cardies
>Picard's anti-racist alarm goes off again and starts attacking Maxwell
>Maxwell is winning so badly, Picard has to send O'Brien to convince him to stand down

Maxwell would have wrecked their shit in the Dominion War but he probably spent it in prison.

The Federation had no jurisdiction to check the ships and could not interfere with them.

The Iraq war is a perfect example. The US preemptively started war a because Iraq had "WMDs" they were gonna use on the US which turned out to be bogus. Even if they were right, they still were wrong for attacking a sovereign nation.

The rules exist for a reason. Without them what's to stop anyone from just attacking one another?

It's not looking promising; on top of the SJW bullshit it's been delayed six months.

A show about a Federation suicide squad could be breddy gud.

The US and Iraq hadn't agreed that there would be an area between their countries where neither of them were allowed weapons of any kind. If there was no way for them to enforce those rules then it was a stupid treaty.

They could have sent Federation Inspectors to the Cardassian colonies in the DMZ and discovered the weapons, but they didn't, because they were more concerned with maintaining the political status quo than protecting their own citizens, and look what happened. I'd rather it was Iraqi and Spoonhead dead than Federation and US Alliance dead.

Eddington was right too while we are at it.

>Captain of an 80 year old tugboat
>Wants to look like a big man in front of the Cardassians
>Psychic confirms he has no idea what he's doing

It's my understanding that people who typically like Jellico are those who are enlisted in the military, because they're programmed to like an arrogant prick who tells them how to wipe their asses.

>the words of a man who has been affected by the war on a personal level (his son being killed by Cardassians)
It must suck to lose your family in Star Trek, not only is there the grief but any time you say anything against them it gets dismissed as racism.

Are there any other examples of Star Trek predicting the future?

>Captain of an 80 year old tugboat
What the fuck are you talking about?

>Wants to look like a big man in front of the Cardassians
It's called 'asserting dominance' you fucking nu-male.

>Psychic confirms he has no idea what he's doing
>implying that stupid cunt wasn't still butthurt over Jellico telling her to ACTUALLY WEAR HER UNIFORM

These are laughably shallow criticisms.

>It's my understanding that people who typically like Jellico are those who are enlisted in the military, because they're programmed to like an arrogant prick who tells them how to wipe their asses.

Yup, you're definitely a nu-male.

Found the guy who doesn't pay attention to the episode. Jellico was fresh off a tour captaining a vessel that was new when Kirk was still in service, and wants to tell the flagship's chief engineer and first officer about their business.

But hey, hope your PSTD doesn't flare up too bad.

> Jellico was fresh off a tour captaining a vessel that was new when Kirk was still in service,
I genuinely don't remember this. I concede you may be right, but I doubt it has much relevance.

>But hey, hope your PSTD doesn't flare up too bad.
This was a really uncreative insult desu.

Ships are obviously retrofitted over time, the original Excelsior class would never be able to keep up with a Galaxy class if not.

>>Captain of an 80 year old tugboat
Ships are constantly retrofitted in Starfleet, and he's obviously qualified to command a Galaxy-class or Starfleet wouldn't have let him anywhere near the captain's chair of the most important vessel in the federation.

>>Wants to look like a big man in front of the Cardassians
Because that's what the Cardassians understand.

>>Psychic confirms he has no idea what he's doing
Troi is biased against him because he told her to put some fucking clothes on and can't be trusted to render an honest opinion.

>It's my understanding that people who typically like Jellico are those who are enlisted in the military, because they're programmed to like an arrogant prick who tells them how to wipe their asses.
b8

why didnt sisko just nuke all the neutral zone colonies?

Aka; The Bad News Bears go to Bajor

Obviously, the events of Chain of Command was an attempt by Hillary Rodham Nechayev to spark a war against Cardassia by putting a trigger-happy hothead lacky in charge of the Enterprise while forcibly removing Picard as captain (Who would have found a peaceful solution to this border skirmish).

that's a data line

Indiscretion is such a good episode.

Considering I couldn't give a rats arse about Baseball, this was a surprisingly comfy episode.

That bit at the end where they all realise that fuck it, they had a good time, something a Vulcan could never understand and just stand around laughing their arses off at him

Comfy desu.

It is comfy, and a great change of pace from the dark episodes that aired before

Tried to destroy the Stargate program

Didn't once consider the needs and feelings of his crew.

No you don't have to do so, but not doing so is shit for morale and low morale is an absolute killer to productivity.

Also he wanted Riker to be a yes man. Riker points out that its literally his job to tell his captain when he's out of line and his response is to confine him to quarters.

Being a strong confident leader is one thing, trying to force your way or the highway regardless of what anyone else says is another.

He's not some kind of villain or inhumane monster or whatever, but he's certainly not without his flaws.

>Kira takes a Breen prisoner
>Years later, the Federation still doesn't even know what the Breen look like

Sincerely stimulates your synapses

VERY fast sisko battingg at incredible hihg speed

>they attacked the Earth
>not a single one died so they could take off the helmet

>humans and whatnot fail at everything
>mental breakdown and pretend to have fun.
>realize vulcans are carrying most of starfleet.

>100 years after a war they don't know what romulans looks like
>picard has fought ferengi and doesn't know what they look like

weird trope

>Didn't once consider the needs and feelings of his crew.
True, but these were Starfleet officers i.e. extremely intelligent, motivated and competent individuals, well aware of how serious the Cardassian situation was. Instead of whining about everything like teenage girls, they should have done their fucking job.

>No you don't have to do so, but not doing so is shit for morale and low morale is an absolute killer to productivity.
See above, they should know better.

>Also he wanted Riker to be a yes man. Riker points out that its literally his job to tell his captain when he's out of line and his response is to confine him to quarters.
Because Riker challenged his authority at the most idiotic time possible i.e. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING NEGOTIATION. If he had an issue with Jellico's policies, he should have brought it up to him beforehand, instead of hiding behind everyone else. So no, he didn't do his job.

>Being a strong confident leader is one thing, trying to force your way or the highway regardless of what anyone else says is another.
>a leader should openly tolerate his crew not carrying out his orders because those orders hurt their feelings/are too hard
fucking wew

So I've been re-watching TNG, and Season 1 ends with an episode about the Enterprise investigating the Neutral Zone, while the B plot is that they unfroze 3 people that Data found in an old satelite or something. They spend the entire episode shitting on 2/3 of the frozees, being completely unsympathetic to the culture shock they are going through, which is kind of odd since they go through so much trouble to accommodate drugged up alien addicts and and other assholes. Its only after they start fucking with the ships operations that anyone gives them any attention, and even then, it's just Troi going "Oh look, you have great great etc grandchildren" to the woman. It's just a really bizarre contrast to how everyone normally acted.

To be fair, didn't they pretty much just come screaming out of nowhere, bomb San Francisco and then GTFO?

Given that pretty much all of the earth fleet was out fighting the Dominion and Sol hadn't seen serious conflict since Wolf-359, I wouldn't be surprised if they got away scot-free. They completely caught the Federation with their pants down.

>Species prides itself on its lack of emotions
>Is petty enough to go out of his way to learn the favourite game just to beat him, bearing in mind that Vulcans would see such sport as a frivolous waste of time
>Vulcan wins
>Is smug as fuck
>Can't see how pathetic he is
>Couldn't even enjoy the game in the first place which is basically the entire point of playing

Nah I'd say Sisko might have lost the baseball game, but he won their pissing contest. More than that, the Vulcan will never truly understand why he lost.

>I genuinely can't think of even one thing that he did wrong.

He turned off the Martians' air.

he was obviously trying to teach him a lesson about how shit his human nostalgia is vs vulcan master race.

Yeah it's a terribly written episode.

>Surely the pursuit of power is the main goal in life?
>no we have better values in the 24th century :^)
>What values? What the fuck are you talking about? Why are you being so patronizing?
>back to your quarters subhuman :^)

All you have to do to understand that is to look at the contemporary example of SJWs shitting all over "dead white men" while sucking off the people currently steering western civilization into the abyss.

>>mental breakdown and pretend to have fun.
This. If he was supposed to genuinely be happy then his acting was awful, he came off as absolutely anally devastated, the Vulcans could tell but none of the other stupid aliens there knew humans well enough to spot it, and they actually had enjoyed themselves so they played along with his IRL trolling.

I'm sure I remember both Admiral Ross and Damar commenting on how most of the attack fleet was destroyed. It would be quite odd not to find a single corpse, especially as they're all in sealed suits which should presumably protect them a little.

Captain Sisko. I recommend a full spread of torpedoes!

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>Starfleet officers should just get over having all their shifts changed and the way they run the ship, the way it has been run for years changed.

>Because morale is never a factor in military type organisations.
Fuck, you should tell the army mate, they've been worrying about it for no reason for centuries

Riker challenged him because Jellico goes full "look at me, I'm the Alpha" male out of nowhere and he felt that what he had just witnessed was not the best way of dealing with the situation. Maybe Riker is right, maybe he's wrong, that's debateable. What isn't debateable is when your commanders job is to tell you when they FEEL you are taking a course of action they wouldn't advise, confining them to quarters cause you don't like what you hear and wanted him to agree with you.

The only order they didn't follow was the immediate implimentation of the new duty shifts because the shift leaders wanted to discuss it with him first. They then followed it when he made it apparent he wasn't willing to even speak to them. Every other order he gave they followed. This doesn't mean him forcing his decisions through without any thought to anyone else is in any way a good quality in a leader.

What you're essentially saying is people who don't listen to the advice of their chief officers and go along with what they want, regardless of consequence are good leaders. Nah.

A good leader listens to advice, and then chooses whether or not to take it on board, they don't decide on something and throw a tantrum when their second in command isn't a yes man who licks his arse.

Because that's his problem with Riker. That's why he thinks the commander of the Federations flagship, a man who has been repeatedly decorated and repeatedly offered his own command is a bad officer. Because he doesn't capitulate to him.

Riker sees him as a bad leader because he's so used to getting his own way he's become blind to the opinions and thoughts of others, and he's right.

Mr Wolf for the last fucking time
This is a fucking Space Station not a Ship and you're in my room so get out.

A space station with 5000 torpedoes

This is all very true.

>but these were Starfleet officers
Despite using some military terminology, Starfleet is not a military organisation and the crew are donating their time for free. They are volunteers who have the right to resign their commission effective immediately unless they're in command of a facility (e.g. Data in Measure of a Man, Crusher in sub Rosa) and they probably have a lower "I quit" threshold than modern humans as they don't have to find another job to support their families or whatever.

>
>This was a really uncreative insult desu.

And "nu-male" isn't?

>>Is petty enough to go out of his way to learn the favourite game just to beat him, bearing in mind that Vulcans would see such sport as a frivolous waste of time
That is pretty amusing, especially as the game seems to be extinct outside the holosuite and that colony on the other side of the Federation that Sherry Palmer's brother lived on

Best Captain checking in

It's long, and strong, and out to get the friction on.

>Goes through a temporal anomaly
>Sees a design of Federation starship he's not aware of
>Captained by someone he's not aware of
>Wearing a uniform he's never seen before
>"Can we render assistance?"

Not the brightest star in the Federation desu senpai

>Dukat scene comes on
>my girlfriend bites her lip and slides her hand between her thighs

>Gets flung decades into the future
>Doesn't give a shit
>Proceeds to fight the Borg

Was the baseball thing even real? Wasn't she just a marquis smuggler trying to get Sisko to like her?

>Goes through a temporal anomaly
>Sees a design of Federation starship he's not aware of
>Captained by someone he's not aware of
>Wearing a uniform he's never seen before
>Despite being on a technologically inferior ship, still ready to do what is necessary

Pretty based desu senpai

I recommend a full spread of Dax's legs

I dunno, didn't they listen to the game together? That would be some pretty slick trickery if they regularly faked audio commentaries of baseball games just to maintain her cover, but it was a great way to secure it. Ben's old negro friend could certainly have given them the information.

Did we ever decide who has the biggest penis in Star Trek? My top five for consideration are Worf, Riker, Kirk, Dukat, and Sisko.

>You get to have a parasite that takes over your mind!
>don't worry your memories will be intact, along with vestiges of your personality

ok ..... why though?

She probably was really into baseball then. I haven't watched DS9 in a long time, but next time, I'll pay more attention.
Iirc they even married or almost married or something, that would be a little bit too extreme of her just to get him not caring about her smuggling weapons.

the fuck is Picard even doing there? Twice?
And who is that chick with the forehead?

I do that as well tbqh

Data. He's an android and probably swapped out his penis for some 24-inch monster he printed from the replicator.

Looks like shitty power armour

So, quick question.

If the holodeck can replicate anything within the bounds of the ship's matter replicator, would it be possible for one to create or generate films that do not/have not existed?

Like, say, a movie with 1980's Eddie Murphy and 1960's Bob Hope together in a Marvel Studios production of "Moon Knight"?

Data is just a giant dildo. He doesn't count.

I'd totally use the Holodeck to make my own Star Trek episodes, like a continuation of DS9 featuring the actors how they looked around 1999.

yes but it will likely be dogshit.

Season 1 was a lot of humans being dicks to anyone that weren't culturally evolved as they are.

you still need to direct it, though you could just generate James Cameron

>we're smack dab in the era of SJW

Are you fucking retarded? At what point has ST ever NOT been "SJW"?

If Sup Forums had existed in the 90s with the present mindset there would be thread after thread bitching about a black captain and a woman captain. Or a black Vulcan. Get your fucking head out of your ass you stupid prick.

I'm surprised Starfleet has let this guy get away with his blatant racism towards all other species by having an all Vulcan crew.