Strong Womyn character done right?

Strong Womyn character done right?

Rey. Literally stronger than the boys and can get out of a tough situation on her own.

this.

also pretty much every michelle rodriguez character.

I liked the one in Star Trek Beyond.

Speaking of Star Trek Yeoman Rand. Natasha Yar was alright.

Great answer here.

As far as a fantasy type of character yeah.

I think half the problems people have with her are because they got someone more famous than their surrogate Max actor. At the time of filming I don't even think he was known as the big guy. Same shit happened with her in Prometheus taking the spotlight from Noomi.

Otherwise the character works better than some other feminist power trips because she's a fuck up who doesn't really make a single correct decision the whole film and needs to be saved constantly by Max

Can you say

Ma-Rey SUUUUUUUE?

rey is op
like obi wan is a master for years and at most he convinced a guy of one simple sentence. Then she goes on to control a dude for like a minute with no training at all

fuck. off.

>mary sue
>done right

Rey is a divine midichlorian starchild.

Shes the product of Darth Plaguis and Anakin fucking.

Only true patricians know who this is

Can you imagine how triggered this board would be if this movie came out today and still had the "you'll never know how it feels to create life" monologue

My mom haha... My dad left me and she raised me by herself....

that monologue was cringe-worthy even in the early 90s

>getting knocked up and sitting around eating ice cream for 9 months is "creativity"
lel

the best

The problem with Furiosa is that she's written like Max circa-Road Warrior without the same level of audience investment in the character

Tom Hardy wasn't a good Max either and was poorly written

/thread

her performance is great but what they do to the character in that film is retarded, the whole "gotta protect this little girl cause she reminds me of my dead daughter" angle was lazy as fuck

god what a shit film

yfw Jennifer Lawrence can actually act

In all fairness, she came off crazy and the film did not attempt to try and skew our perspective.

Still though, great strong female lead.

one hit wonder

My childhood love.

Scully's great, Anderson aged like fine wine.

It's based cameron kino. Your comment is irrelevant

>Scully's great, Anderson aged like fine wine.
Yeah, she's hot, but she was damsel in distress in 90% of episodes for mulder to rescue, and when mulder got written out she turned into a blubbering mess constantly crying about MUH WILLIAM. I seriously don't get how anyone thinks that character is strong.

Should've won an oscar.

no

>Scully's great, Anderson aged like fine wine.
She is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING in Hannibal.

Mother Russia
Ripley from Deadpool
That chick from You're Next / underground caves full of blind humanoids
Uma Thurman's stunt double

I'd say that's a hyperbole. She also saved Mulder a couple of times, and solved cases on her own, too. Also, a strong character isn't considered that if he/she/it has big strength, his/her/it's mental part of the character counts, as well.

To quote Steve Austin: "HELL YEAH!"

Both of them

Little kiddie cartoons belong on . Fuck off back.

>western cartoon
> It belongs on you fucking retard.

>can't do anything right on her own
>needs a man and a big guy to help her
>her lady friends are all retarded
>strong womyn
aha

That was a great movie. Why do some people lose all their acting ability when they become A list?

>She also saved Mulder a couple of times
I can literally count the number of times this happened on the fingers of one hand.

don't forget her mentally deranged counterpart

this

silence of the lambs remains the prime example of how to do a movie with a strong female lead and a movie which touches upon gender-related issues in a way which doesn't condescend or patronize to the audience

This and Ripply are still the best ones. Keep trying by all means to top them even though they just can't.