Hey Australia bros - how would you rank the popularity between the AFL, NRL, and Rugby Union?

Hey Australia bros - how would you rank the popularity between the AFL, NRL, and Rugby Union?

I know the AFL is supposed to be more supported in Melbourne and NRL is more of a Sydney thing, but there are AFL clubs in Sydney and an NRL club in Melbourne. Does everyone in both cities support both equally nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/rugby-league-is-winning-the-tv-ratings-battle-with-afl-but-losing-the-pr-war-20150115-12ri74.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NRL games get similar attendance to VFL games.
AFL is several order of magnitude more popular.

NRL crowds are about the same as AFL womens league. So about 37% of the kiwi population.

Ironically the Melbourne NRL team is the most popular and the Sydney AFL team gets bigger crowds than NRL.

Half the country likes AFL but hates NRL
The other half likes NRL but hates AFL

Union is irrelevant and we all laugh at soccer

AFL is for pooftas and NRL is for patrician sports fans

the Wallabies get decent attendance but aside from that union is pretty small

No need to get defensive about enjoying a sport that is less popular. I can appreciate league as a quality game requiring skill, strength and it's a lot of fun to watch.

Afl is top dog followed by NRL and then rugby union

>he Sydney AFL team gets bigger crowds than NRL.
Because there is one AFL team in Sydney and a dozen+ NRL teams.

Look at TV ratings.

baka.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/rugby-league-is-winning-the-tv-ratings-battle-with-afl-but-losing-the-pr-war-20150115-12ri74.html

when you think about it for the storm not being at least as big as the swans are, in all reality they should be even bigger

1. Cricket
2. /bundes/
(POWER GAP)
9001. AFL
(POWER GAP)
9000001. NRL
(POWER GAP)
900000000000000000000000001. Rugby Poonion

there's no excuse i mean

they should be pulling more than 10-15k after having the city to themselves and being consistently successful for 20 years

I always wondered what NRL club people in rural NSW support
Same goes for rural Victoria and AFL

>Cricket
>When the players can't even get a good pay

Nice one bucket head.

>Same goes for rural Victoria and AFL
normally whatever club your town was zoned to in the VFL days is the most popular club in that town.

Fuckoff

Proxy off

Nobody cares about shit Australian "sports"

Thank you based Sweden

Is truck dodge a sport?

1. AFL
2. Cricket
3. A-League
4. Netball
5. Men's hockey
6. Women's hockey
900000001. NRL

only countries who have created a sport are allowed to post itt.

>not so fast, swedecuck

Who cares, they're all shit. Give me NFL or at least soccer or hockey any day.

All our sports are just shirty wannabe hybrids.

I hate this country.

I don't know, Union is so shit right now but a few years ago I used to hit up the Reds games all the time with massive crowds, bigger than any broncos or titan games. I feel like it comes in waves between those two.

AFL is leagues above, it's probably the most popular sport in Australia simply due to the prominence in Victoria and uprising in Sydney (Especially as the two AFL teams are both going to be in finals contention)

1. A-League
POWER GAP
POWER GAP
POWER GAP
90000000000000000001. NRL
90000000000000000002. Netball
90000000000000000003. Hockey
90000000000000000004. Gridiron
90000000000000000005. West Springvale Primary School Grade 3-4 Chess Competition Qualifiers
POWER GAP
POWER GAP
POWER GAP
9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001. Cricket
9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002. AFL

They don't? I thought there is a lot of money in Cricket.

Why is union so much less popular than league even though more people play union internationally?

Because Australia is really bad at Union, while in League they are usually the best. Australians don't like competition in sport.

I had an aussie dude tell me that soccer is taking over. That true?

Was his name similar to "Dimitros Stavropoulos?"

Because union is the snobby private school game while league is the working man's game.

Footy > Cricket = League > Union

Also I was born and raised in melbourne and while I know a few people who support Storm, I don't know anyone who actively follows rugby of any sort

based henrik

>league fans
>working
hmmm

he's my cousin

(Generally) everyone in the yellow loves AFL and hates NRL, everyone in the green loves NRL and hates AFL. Union is dying all over because it's posh NRL. These things are culturally ingrained and the 'soccer is going to take over' meme is widely exaggerated.

No other sport comes close to cricket across all parts of Australia. Both AFL and NRL only have regional popularity. Cricket is far ahead of both. Also Aussie cricketers are by far the best paid sportsmen in Australia. They're fighting for even bigger share of the massive cricket revenue.

Outside Australia, honestly. For example, the two highest paid cricketers are in India, Kohli and Dhoni, who both make more than $20M USD this year. Most cricketers don't make the salaries that other professional athletes in Australia do

Who cares about these shitty meme sports, where's Golf in the hierarchy, Ausbro's?

there are 2 AFL teams in Sydney

there is literally one good australian who is white, the rest are chinks, there's a giant gap between the tons of youth players we have, then it's just old rich whites and chink businessmen who play for recreation Golf rarely gets any play on TV

To be fair, there are at least 5 decent Aussie golfers I can think of, problem is is that you fall under the Asian Tour, which gets little to no coverage, need to either be on the PGA or European Tour if you want to make a name for yourself.

Your courses are nice though

In Queensland no one give a fuck about AFL
So in the most based state Id say: NRL>Cricket>A-league=Union>AFL

based

1. cricket
2. AFL
3. NRL

10. Union

at the very top. All the international players get paid FAR more than any footy player, but the average footy player will earn three times as much as a domestic cricketer

it used to be much bigger in the early 2000s and was poised to overtake NRL but the ARU were fucking incompetent and refused to expand the game beyond its private school roots

KEK

To answer this question. Watch a full game of League and then watch a full game of Union.
One is much more exciting to watch and has more free flowing play.

t. solofa kahui rangi