It's four hours or so before New Year's, and I'm here listening to Modest Mouse...

It's four hours or so before New Year's, and I'm here listening to Modest Mouse, drinking this bottle of red wine I forgot where I got.

So what are you guys doing Sup Forums? And what do you plan to achieve next year, if you're not going to kill yourself?

Man I love Modest Mouse so much, Do you prefer the one you posted or the Long Drive one? And favourite song? Mines Beach Side Property

Well, I'm listening to LCW right now, and personally I think it's more solid as an album compared to Long Drive. Both great though.

As for favorite, probably Trailer Trash or Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset.

just bought food and drinks, about to meet with friends before we go to my house to party for nye and listen to the districts

>listening to the same album

just bought some firecrakers for tonight.

i feed on the sadness this album accentuates when i'm feeling down. most songs are absolutely heartwrecking. have a good nye user

I'd agree with this if not for the shitty lyrics and the godawful vocals

>shitty lyrics
>god awful vocals

how romantic

>shitty lyrics
>god awful vocals

my dude

lmao getting depressed over not doing shit on new years.
it's just a fad like easter, christmas, etc.
it's sunday and that's it. literally couldn't care less

Convenient Parking and the ending track are the only two tracks on the album I don't have a "wow that was a shitty moment lyrically/vocally that ruined an otherwise good track" moment with

I'm going to play vidya and eat cookies. I'm fine with that actually

give examples of this happening im interested

Best example I can think of off the top of my head is how the opening track would be a ten if not for the actual title of the song being a shitty part of the song lyrically and vocally
Isaac's singing there is shit compared to the rest of the song and something about "teeth like god's shoeshine" just rubs me the wrong way, like how some people can't stand "semen stains the mountain tops"

Should clarify though it's not just that lyric but the whole part of that song where it goes slow and he sings about orange julius's or whatever
Just ruins the song for me

Tbh the only track I absolutely can't like in LCW is Trucker's Atlas. I don't know why people like it, it doesn't fit at all in the second half.

I had a sake tasting night with my girlfriend. She got wasted and passed out so I'm finishing what's left of it and browsing Sup Forums before I go to bed with her.

I love Modest Mouse so fucking much. It's been my most listened band this year by far.
LCW is a 10/10, but for me TM&A is their best. That album is beyond and above everything imo.

Still, their whole discography is good (with it's ups and downs). This is a Long drive... is amazing.

The Stars are Projectors is probably my fav song ever.

>god awful vocals
Matter of taste i guess
>shitty lyrics
You won't hear better lyrics than Modest Mouse's

Moon and Antarctica is amazing. The first three tracks are almost perfect, but then it kinda falls flat until after Stars are Projects for me.

If I'm being completely honest my favorite album is Good News. Probably because it's the first album I heard from them. Anything after it is too happy, and anything before it is good but kinda too raw for me. Good News is juuuust right.

World at Large on Good News is the shit at 2 A.M.

Man Styrofoam Boots/Ice is such a good fucking track