Name a more significative music act of today

Name a more significative music act of today.

Protip: you absolutely can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/168830450
youtube.com/watch?v=gKDlzswI7Ao
youtube.com/watch?v=RqldM0VaIuE
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ig3nHtWJFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g
youtube.com/watch?v=FiRLb8AYgIc
youtu.be/JSpS3TFS3P0
youtube.com/watch?v=KndBVDbgnmU&t=901s
youtube.com/watch?v=om4AE5El9oE
youtube.com/watch?v=JT0m_-al-B8
youtube.com/watch?v=Um0Mh2L0l9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i will ONLY if you can explain why you think it's significant

I believe autexhre has paved a path to some truly incredible possibilities for future music innovation with this (and everything else since confield). But with this one specifically, I don't think it's their best, but I feel like others will take these ideas and expand upon them for sure in the future

Maybe they'll be themselves to expand them desu, that's what I think.

What's the name?
I want to listen to it.

Autechre - elseq

vimeo.com/168830450

Agreed. elseq 1–5 is my favorite album of the last 2 years

Mind that I haven't intended elseq but Autechre in general.

Researching and expanding the possibilities of what technology and programming can express today, incorporating the whole language of electronic music history into unique ways both for the experimental and more average listener (both academic and mass area), having the courage to do things sonically that few others are doing right now, etc.

You only like it cause it sounds weird

It's not "weird". It's the logical expression of the electricity and the sonic language of machinery.

youtube.com/watch?v=gKDlzswI7Ao

It's great! thank you.

nice fucking video if you made that

so what? it's no different than what stockhausen was doing in the 60s and 70s. literally the dubstep harry partch

I still can't stop listening to Exai. I've heard it so many times but it feels like there's still something to discover in there

>significative
uh try Kendrick Lamar

Have you heard elseq and their new single?

youtube.com/watch?v=RqldM0VaIuE

uh try no

...that track is so good. My lord.

hmm, ae is kind of a case where I feel like "it's not that deep". As they've said themselves, it's mostly just them fiddling around and figuring out what sounds cool rather than actively approaching it academically or in some other formalized manner.

It just so happens that they're damn good at that.

Yeah, I have a bit of experience with Elseq. I like 4 the most I think. And yeah I've been keeping up with all their releases. Just have immense love for Exai

Dem numbers.

Experimental music can become meaningful if it sounds great, but I feel the same anyways.

>most significative music act of today
>only a couple weebs know their existence

Really makes you think

>>only a couple weebs know their existence
Anyone interested in electronic music slightly more than a normie knows about them.

>significative

what? everyone knows about them

You could say that. But you could also say that with the level and attention to detail of literally everything that they do is an "academic" exploration of 'what sounds good'

Imagine being that retarded and ignorant

*blocks ur path*

man shut the fuck up, sometimes they are just lame tracks with a beat and noise. you guys get so fuckin stupid talking about ae. it's two guys who smoke blunts until their eyes are redder than satan and they fuck around doing graffiti music, whatever you say about it sounds so fucking pretentious and stupid, it's just music. they're regular guys, they listen to young thug.

That's one way of looking at it, but like I said before, I don't think it's that deep. It's two mad lads jamming and being damn good at it.

It's probably so, but still, there's no one who does it at the same way.

I thought Sean was the one on the right

and don't forget that some of their songs on almost every album are crap, they're just dumb beats or a noise. they have sections of tracks that are great sometimes and then it turns to shit. it's hit or miss. you have to take it all as just an experiment, they don't make the experience of listening easy

It is, I should probably find a different image for that filename next time.

these threads make me cranky. i love ae but hate this chatter because it destroys my love of the music by trying to put lame descriptions on how it's made. i don't like thinking of that. sorry to anyone i was a dick to by saying shut up, that's uncalled for, i was very rude.

Rarely, this is most your opinion. I cannot think of a track of theirs which is truly bland or uninspired honestly. Even their b-sides and remixes (which are countless) are great most of the times.

And what about their live sets? There's absolutely no one who does something like this live.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Ig3nHtWJFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g

off the top of my head Outpt from EP 7 is boring garbage

>only one video with over a million views on youtube
>80,000 monthly listeners on spotify

spotify is big for certain artists and not for others, more people just download from bleep store or get free on soulseek and buy vinyl and cd mostly. youtube is a waste for ae fans too because it sounds like shit so you miss detail

King Fizzhard & the Cheddar Lasagne.
Wow, that wasn't hard.

>valuating significance in art with numbers of listens on yt and spotify

Confirmed retarded. I bet for you Major Lazer and Taylor Swift are really significative for music.

i have literally never met a single human who listens to them

It's maybe because you live in Africa or Indonesia.

literally all the people who produce electronic music have heard about them, significance and impact isn't only about numbers

in america, they're not well known. in the uk every fucking body knows them and all of europe, give me a break. just because you never heard of something don't mean it ain't big. but nobody said they're pop artist level. they're just blokes who've been at it for decades and people know them in europe like they know massive attack or something

my brother and I listened to that live set from like 96 in vienna while driving home from cali earlier this year
good times

Thanks for proving my point. Hope someday y'all realize that 90+% of people listen to music exclusively on youtube and spotify nowadays.

Thanks for proving my point that people like you are proofs of ignorance and superficiality.

90% is a stretch. everyone i know has files in their phone or computer. lots of friends play vinyl more than anything and driving around it could be a CD or tidal because of the quality. actually i don't know a soul who uses spotify. youtube for quick reference but not to sit and play music, you do one song at a time. your point is not proven but if you want to be like that, then be like that.

artov chain is outstanding.

Is oversteps the most underrated of their albums?

or lp5

it's their 2nd worst after untilted

4th worst after quaristice

god just fucking look how effay sean is

that's like yer opinion man. for me untitled is the absolute worst, has not one good track utter trash. and quaristice is fucking great. and lp5 is close to the best next to chiastic slide. there are no agreed upon bests with ae among fans

b-but LCC, Pro Radii, Sublimit...
but aye, in the end it's all just >opinions

sean is intense

Rob looks like a software engineer, Sean looks like a football hooligan

Why was I walking towards the edge of the dock? Was I going for a swim and they're stopping me?

weird how opinions can be so different with autechre

...none of which Autechre are doing lol

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Autechre. The sound is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the experiments will go over a typical listener’s head. There’s also Sean’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Stockhausen music, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these tracks, to realist that they’re not just trippy- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Autechre truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Sean's existential audio speech “Wub Wub Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Rob Brown’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Autechre tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

I've only heard someone call an Autechre album "bad" or "the worst" once or twice. Personally I like all of them, I love a few of them, and Exai is one of my top albums of all time

>significative

It's Untilted not untitled.

I don't see any connection to Stockhausen, and definitely they don't have anything whatsoever to do with Harry Partch. Look at the GRM shit, or IRCAM to a lesser extent, if you want a meaningful comparison. The GRM composers were still generally better.

youtube.com/watch?v=FiRLb8AYgIc

Best track of 2013 right here

youtu.be/JSpS3TFS3P0

If not Autechre, who? Asking seriously, people from Raster Noton? Editions Mego which literally relies on the past?

electroacoustic music is still a thing

also Mark Fell, Florian Hecker, Russell Haswell, Mika Vainio (rip in peace), the list could go on...

nigga untilted is good >:(

i like Untilted's emphasis on percussive elements, although it's not my favorite by any stretch i definitely wouldn't consider it bad

Electroacoustic composers are doing basically nothing truly new than their predecessors, sound may be efficient and more of impact due to new technology processes, but still, nothing innovative.

Also nice names, but they're not as courageous as Autechre.

youtube.com/watch?v=KndBVDbgnmU&t=901s

That fucking set is one of the most spectacular things I've listened in my whole life.

you're venturing into territory where it's impossible to make a substantive argument

I recognize those fucking bastards!! They nicked a bunch of house records from my Fiesta in '88. TWATS

bump for ae

>be balding oldfag me
>be a really really really big Autechre fan (yes, really)
>still haven't listened to elseq somehow
>Sup Forums has been singing its praises for so long and somehow I just haven't gotten around to it

I did enjoy discovering the rest of the Quaristice cycle about a year ago though.

You are correct in giving LP5 a low ranking (should be lower), and you are incorrect in giving Quaristice such a low ranking.

Prepare to a huge journey into a black hole and never return.

>4th worst after quaristice

Just...stop. LP5 is better than Quaristice. Y'all niggas need to go to bed.

>Gladly step aside

So trifling

Look you can go back and forth about rankings all day, truth is when it comes down to it Autechre are gonna go down as some sonic ground zero for cyborg music - the first bastard child of the human x algorithmic flux leading to cybervampire renaissance soundtracks

go to bet Margaret

mesh cinereal is one of my favorite ae trax, elseq has some insanely good stuff on it

>electronic """techno""" duo

It's Nick, actually...

>british

I don't understand them but my girlfriend listens to them, is she the most patrician of all anons?

nah but she got a nice pusy

That sounds like complete and utter garbage. I don't care what your subjective interpretation of it is, the entire track sounds like one monotonous noise from beginning to end. You can skip to any point and it sounds exactly the same as every other point. What the fuck.

A girl who listens to Autechre is pratically impossible, unless she's an electronic musician herself or an electronic music enthusiast, which is really rare.

girls having good taste is not rare outside of america buddy

>don't recognizing patterns
>don't recognizing the simple beats
>don't minding the sound design
>don't minding the layering textures changing all over and over

Neither I care about your subjective interpretation user.

I have hard time finding boys who listens to Ae, don't even imagine a girl listening to them. If so you're fucking lucky and you should learn from her.

>don't recognizing repetitiveness
>don't recognizing lack of variety
>don't minding ear-bleeding frequencies
>don't minding pointless arguments that technically I started but will blame on you anyway

I thought this wouldn't happen until well after 2020... but it's happening even sooner than I thought youtube.com/watch?v=om4AE5El9oE

>repetitiveness
You have a fallacious sense of repetition, the only thing that follows a pattern are the low the beats, everything else is in a state of constant mutation and you can't say that a second is the same of the other.

>lack of variety
Again, I understand you don't like it, but Autechre are amongst the ones that try to mantain varations even in the repetitions, continuosly exploring the timbre in the things, you're not listening carefully.

>ear-bleeding frequencies
There are no "ear-bleeding frequencies", feed1 might be one of the most noisy tracks of Ae, that's sure, but there aren't even high pitched frequencies that really can hurts the ear, come on.

Try to listen to tracks like Pendulu hv moda or Foldree casual off elseq and then tell me that they aren't simply spectacular in every sense.

It's great. Feels a little too stretched out at times, but ambient is always good.
Nothing will ever top Quaristice tho.

shit taste, untilted is godtier

youtube.com/watch?v=JT0m_-al-B8

God I would love doing it :)

youtube.com/watch?v=Um0Mh2L0l9s