Why are millenials choosing to be such homebodies?

Why are millenials choosing to be such homebodies?

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/millennials-have-discovered-going-out-sucks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

autismbux

Because watching the collapse of civilization is so much more /comfy/

Because awful people, such as boomers, occupy bars and restaurants.

>oy vey why are the kids not buying our overpriced cover charges and $4 beers

Growing up with computers, netflix
More antisocial, spending more time in front of monitors
Clubbing scene losing steam

oy vey why aren't millennials going to rape clubs and watching our new holocaust Broadway show

Afraid to get shot while out on the town.

The fucking leaf is right for once

>loud music
>crowded small spaces
>bad smell
>higher prices
>less comfy
>higher risk of getting shot

>go outside
>get shot

Because recent generation works harder and earns less than the previous one.

good goy! tell those stupid dhimmi to spend their money at my nightclubs and bars hehehe next round is one dollar off, my treat

>Be boomer
>Suck up all the mother fucking money
>Bitch that millenials can't afford anything but to stay home and have a nice night in
>Gets pissed

We have more 30+ year-olds occupying our local college bars than actual college students. It's only worth going out if you want to hit on a milf or it it's your first time ever going to a bar. Girls have it pretty bad though, fending off weird old creeps. Theres been plenty of times our group has called it a night before even going in because the bars are filled with old guys waiting for us and other college kids to come in instead of being packed with people looking to have fun.

So now most people at my Uni are just sticking with house and frat parties exclusively because there's way too many middle aged people acting like weirdoes.

>people stay home more
>Why are they such homebodies?

>people go out and party
>Why are they such partiers?

>people eat out less
>Why are they not supporting restaurants?

etc. etc.

>go buy 10 dollar shots and get beat up by some guy because his slut girlfriend was hitting on you

nothx

Would you rather go to a club and get shot?

nobody deserves NYC the same way nobody deserves crippling epilepsy from birth

These, around here the club scene is quite segregated. Violent minorities on one side and obnoxious bros on the other. When they let out, the former often assault and rob the latter.
t. Emergency dispatch

>NYC
Who fucking cares.

$13 for a tall jack and coke, or $20 for a bottle of jack.

night in
>0 dollars in transportation
>12 dollar bottle of booze and 6 of my favorite beers for 12 dollars
>can smoke weed
>can wear sweatpants
>videos games
>free movies
>friends invited
>can party as long as I want

night out
>10-20 dollars in transportation
>4-6 dollars a beer
>can't smoke weed
>have to dress for public
>shit bar videos games
>13 dollar movies
>friends plus hundreds of drunk strangers
>have to go home at 2am

Why the hell would anyone go into NYC if they have the option not to?

Because, unlike all of these lowlifes, I own a home

Bars and clubs are expensive as fuck, much less NYC bars and clubs. Unless a guy's wants some strange badly he and his friends can save money and gave more fun at home. With the rise of Tindr and shit the club/bar isn't the only option for hooking up either.

I can buy a bottle of vodka and get drunk for £10.
A tiny fraction of that vodka/gin/alcohol of choice can cost me £2.50.
It's cheaper to stay inside. Even if I enjoyed going out, I wouldnt because I cant get a fucking job to afford it.
>We want experienced factory workers
Get fucked, it's a production line and repetitive. You could train me in under an hour.
>Own transport needed
I need a car to get a job, to afford a car, to get a job.

This is why I drink. Speaking of alcohol, Brit bro's or other people who may have some idea. If Brexit happens, will I pay more for vodka and other foreign drinks? Is it wise to stock up now?

Because getting a couple of drinks at a bar costs as much as getting 10 from the store

Even if people do go out, they just drink at home first.

Bullshit. People aren't going out in NYC because they can't afford it. This is just a ruse to deflect from the fact that liberal policies have made the city unlivable for anybody but the super rich. Same thing has happened in LA and SF

Why do millenials keep making threads asking millenials about millenials.
Reminder that if youre under the age of 36, youre either a millenial or too young to be here.

Autism
t. vaccinations

It's too fucking expensive. I used to go out twice a week. I am now saving so much money staying home that I can now travel every other month.

Nothing too far, just a weekend get away, but it still beats paying a 70% mark up on beer.

>deserve

also NYC's nightlife isn't even good

it's like Philadelphia if everything was 3 times as expensive and 10 times less interesting

>people born in the 1980s are millenials

We're being cajoled and pushed into small, safe areas of the world.

Realistically we are allowed to be in our homes, on designated footpaths and a few public parks and commercial areas.

Ever noticed the amount of horror films that are set in the woods, caves, wilderness in general.

Those places were originally our homes, not scary, yet almost immediately people associate
them with fear now.

Its fine in countries like America where there are still vast expanses of land but its quite stiffing in the UK. There is probably no single space were you can be completely alone in nature, there is always some cunt and his dog there too.

because everyone is fucking broke as a joke. turns out the world the boomers created isnt as afordable as the one they grew up in. who would have thought

>bars
>pay lots of money for overpriced crappy beer
>crap music
>annoying people
>bad air
>smelly people

>clubs
>all of the above
>degenerates
>if you are gay, akbars shooting up the place

>home
>WHAT EVER THE FUCK YOU WANT

How is this even a choice? The internet have made it obvious to any one that is paying attention that 99% of the normies are fucking retarded and when you figure that out it becomes a pain in the ass to be around them.
>pic related

Because clubs and bars are gay as fuck... plus pointlessly expensive.

No it will be cheaper as we secure our own trade deals with less red tape and restrictions

nice

If you live in NYC and prefer to be a homebody then no, you don't deserve NYC.

As much as I would never live in NYC (or anywhere in that region) there's a shit ton to do. I used to travel there for work, sometimes three times a month for several years, and spent most of my time in Manhattan. There's a plethora of restaurants and bars to go to and experience.

If you like staying in, that's fine, I like a night in from time to time too (like right now, I don't feel like going anywhere). After all, it won't cost you anything, and free is nice. However if you moved to a city like NYC where you could just as well be living anywhere else (as in your job doesn't necessitate it) then you're just paying a whole lot extra to tell people you live in NYC.

Life is about experiences. As much as you enjoy binge watching a new series on Netflix you'll enjoy going somewhere new, you never know who you will meet and what you may experience. In 40 years are you going to look back at these times and wonder what you could have known? Or will you recall whatever show you watched on Hulu? I know I won't have regrets. Even if nothing happens at least I can say I tried instead of wondered.

You forgot
>have to wait forever to get another drink unless you fork out another 10 dollars in tip
>bouncer might tell you that you are to drunk
>might be denied entrance after queening for 20 minutes

The answer is simple: because we can.

>people going home instead of going to the bar.

Good. Fuck bars and fuck alchohol. They are a major cause of degeneracy and have been the root of many divorces. Not saying that it's going to just hide in your house, but enough of this pro-alchohol mindset.

When I have free time, I get in my car and drive to the wilderness. Get some healthy hobbies

((()))

32 y old is thoroughhly grown adulthey should not go to clubs they should be setting up families

Only a certain number of people need to exist in order for the world to function. We've exceeded that number.

32 is the new 18 guyz

Maybe for you but in America I can easily get 100 miles away from anyone while out

My city once had a black night club that always had at least 3 police cruisers outside at all times and sometimes an ambulance. The others had 1 cruiser sometimes and ambulances rarely.

>unironically going to clubs when you're over 20
FUCKING WEW LAD

vice.com/read/millennials-have-discovered-going-out-sucks

>boomers made everything too expensive for us now

C-can you redpill me on boomers ruining the economy?

I live in NYC all my life. Its overrated. You get a lot of shitty bars all in a row and a few clubs thats are ok but overpriced with long lines. I guess if you're a rich dwntwn manhattan faggot its fun but NYC is the most disappoints everyone else who comes here.

You're in Austin, aren't you

>There is probably no single space were you can be completely alone in nature

I can't even imagine being in a place like that

t. forest everywhere as far as the eye can see

I agree with this man. The more unique memories the longer your life seems. 30 years in a boring office amounts to maybe 20-50 moments. Going out and trolling a pretentious art gallery by pretending to be a connoisseur is one of its own and equivalent activities are easily done 20 times a year laxly.

Cali bro here

>go to bar
>either have a DD which no one wants to be or pay 10 bucks a person for uber
>50-80% mexican
>women tend to be stuck up
>$10+ drinks (usually just get drunk before leaving)
>Mexicans tend to start fights over nothing

>Go to club
>exact same thing only on top of this the girl to guy ratio is somewhere around 5 to 1
>also $15 entry fee

Don't get me wrong I have hooked up with girls in these situations but you sift through so much shit, it's not a guarantee and you have to deal with all the fucking beans

I go to raves now and although they're much more expensive the perks make it worth going for me at least

>go in a big group
>have a mini road trip
>get a hotel with friends to get drunk and hang out in
>get to venue and listen to music that's better than nigger beats
>take ecstasy which is fun, also everyone else is on it so in general people are nicer
>because it's more expensive it's mostly white's and asians
>Girls aren't as bitchy and stuck up (probably the drugs)
>Generally go to 2 day events so it's like a weekend vacation

If there were less Mexicans it might be worth going to the bars but trying to score when there are only 3 decent looking girls at a bar every time is tiring. College parties were the best though. There you could actually talk to people and have fun whether or not you hook up, women tend to be unfun bitches at bars for some reason. (not all of them but a good chunk of them)

>tfw Scottish and 90% of the land is isolated scenery and forest

I really love this country, but everyone in Scotland is a lefty cuck atm and it's embarrassing as fuck

New York Nightlife was a big deal when a ton of other things were happening to make it a big deal. Right now the economy sucks and our elite feel genocidal hatred for our own people and culture so yeah not something Sinatra would recognize.

I don't want to spend 10 dollars for a single beer.
The music is always too loud and you have to scream at people.
You are stuck with 200-300 strangers and anything could go wrong.

i dont know if you remember niggergedon grandpa but black people decided to fuck random shit up and the knock out game is a thing and obama imported in thousands of terrorist so he can try to get more gun control

in short nobody plays kick the can any more and if you go to the park your going to be raped

>Oy vey after paying $2500/month for a shoebox apartment why won't the kids drink our $20 martinis

Christ, I hate how expensive NYC is

>There is probably no single space were you can be completely alone in nature
Damn, living on a tiny island with 64 million other idiots must fucking suck. I could literally walk 10 minutes out in the woods from where i am right now and probably not see another person for the rest of the week.

Tinder has replaced meeting random women in a bar.

Why go out to get evaluated at much expense when you can sit comfy at home and know if some girl is interested or not?

My rule is at least on activity a week. If I go out to a show, movie, gallery etc at least once a week, I'm not 100% autistic. Otherwise I like being introverted.

what kind of cranky old fuck wrote that piece of shit

>$4 beers
>NYC

Top fucking kek. $7 for a bud lite is a bargain here

You have a point, but going out to a club, getting drunk and listening to shitty music isn't especially a experience.

You could go out into nature and climb a mountain or something, that's free.

I got bored of bars in the 90's.

They're just pointless. If you have other means of obtaining pussy, there is no reason to go to them at all usually.

Even in my early 20's I far preferred going to somebody's house to drink then going to a bar.

Cheaper booze, music is whatever you want, you can keep it low enough that people can actually have conversations, you can have a fire in the backyard, there are beds to fuck in, you can fill the place full of your friends rather then just whoever walks in. You can order or make any food you want instead to having to eat disgusting bar food. You won't get your car towed. No retarded "dj" screaming stupid shit. No door nazis stamping garbage all over your hand.

Bars are just boring and lame, they are only good when they have live music imo.

Now add sentiments like mine on top of the current age of entertainment on demand.

because you leave the house and get shot by muslims or blacks turn on the news

>don't drink alcohol
>not into the gay club scene since it contributes to early death
>my hobbies are mostly indoors
Why would I go out?

I'm comfy being a shut in. I hate cities, I like going for walks in nature and since I don't have any friends I'm fine with that. Also I get to save my money for important things.

Pretty much. "Pub scene is on suicide watch" was always in the Irish media between 2008-2011 when people finally decided to fob pubs/clubs for a bit (i.e. not every weekend) and suddenly every pub/club that was serving €6 watered down shit was suddenly a victim.

What's the point? Guys don't really want to go to clubs to dance as they want to get laid and girls go in groups just to dance.

Nice.
I will hold off buying anything for a while.
Maybe just a bottle of something strong to either celebrate the result or drown my sorrows. I cant tell how this referendum will end.

damn going out in America seems shit
night in
>pretty much the same
night out
>7,20 for transportation and that's because I don't live there
>1,20 for a beer (still bretty expensive but you won't find cheaper in shops)
> can smoke weed
>can wear sweatpants
>playing video games while going out
>6 euros for a ticket
> friends and a bunch of random strangers who are pretty friendly for junks
>have to go home at 7 am

Can't afford to go out. I have an engineering degree and can't make more than minimum wage because I fell for the STEM meme.

>work at a bowling alley through high school in college
>construction workers are some shit come down from new York
>drinking Heineken
>$3 a beer here in rural central Florida
>always give me a $5 or $10 and let me keep the change
>literally every single beer
>tell me they're $8 in NYC bars

A bit of a culture shock desu but I felt rich as shit at the time.

>Go to bar
>Get arrested
>Go ride dirtbikes in the woods
>Get arrested
>Go fishing without paying FEES FEES FEES
>Get arrested
>Responsibly enjoy some drugs
>Get arrested
gee i wonder

>be comfy and do what you like, the world and whatever you want is at your fingertips with the internet
>or...get jewed by alcohol prices and have your time wasted by smelly degenerates while rolling the dice over whether or not someone will be intoxicated enough to pull a knife or try and start shit

I wonder.

You're doing it wrong Canada. You go to the bar, to get the girl, to bring to your bed that is comfy and quiet.

We have no reason to leave anymore.

Oi Vey Goyim!

What are not out spending all your tip money, doing drugs, in-gauging in homosexual acts, and maxing out your credit cards in my night club?

Oh look, /thread. Fuck off, undisclosed generation/normie Millennial.

>NYC

Yeah no one deserves a shitty place

Because they are smarter than the previous generation.

/Thread

That article is implying that staying at home is bad thing, cringe

>how can normies even compete?

To expand a bit, this is basically the motivation of the article to a T.

NYC has turned into the most effective mechanism in the world to completely fleece a generation of its disposable income.

A one-bedroom apartment, not even in Manhattan, will cost you at minimum $2000 a month, and that's after a first + last month's deposit PLUS (((broker)))'s fee, keep in mind this will still be a slightly shitty nigger neighborhood where nogs will pester you for dollars and smokes, catcall white girls, and very likely rob you or throw a Snapple bottle full of gasoline through your window (happened to a guy I know in West Harlem).

Manhattan, don't even think about it unless you want to pay a grand extra for a shoebox with 5 roommates. And that will only be for five years at the maximum before you are outpriced again and the landlord evicts you through the variety of Jew tricks they've perfected over the years to make way for trust fund settlers willing to pay even more.

Bars and clubs are just as bad. Every bar you should expect to pay $7-8 for a lite beer or watered-down well drink, upwards of $11 for anything decent, more likely $14-15 for a cocktail. Any food that isn't an appetizer will be $20+ for a fairly small portion. And don't even get me started on clubs with their cover charges and drinks that cost double that, or the comedy clubs that enforce 3-drink minimums and actually take your ID away at the door and prevent you from leaving until you've paid it (also not making that up, they will physically block you from leaving and refuse to give back your ID until you produce a ticket you get from paying your tab, you can't even go out to smoke).

The absolute gall of the boomer generation that established their businesses in years of total debt-free prosperity and now sneer at us for not dumping out our wallets for their cheap swill every single night is not actually surprising given their attitudes in everything else, but it still triggers me I admit.

>Decide to take the girlfriend out for dinner, movie, and meet up with friends for drinks.
>Go to a nice restaurant, $20 entree for both, plus $5 for a beer and $7 for a glass of wine. Plus tip.
>Head over to the movie theatre, $16 per ticket, $10 for two cocktails.
>Head on out to the bar to meet friends, $10 for a "cover charge", $8 a beer, $10 a glass of wine, etc.
>Gotta call safe ride/uber, another $20-30 bucks.

People don't want to go out because it costs a shit ton. $60 for dinner, $42 at the theatre, $20 just to get into the bar, and then depending on drinks, you can easily spend another $100. Then for a safe ride home, it's $20-30. So, for $250, I can have a grand Friday night.

Or, I can pirate a movie we both want to see for free, head to the liquor store and spend $30 bucks for a bottle of wine and some nice beers, and order in some pizza for $20, enjoy my evening at home for $50. Gee, I wonder.

Here is Sweden, in dollars.
>night in
>pretty much the same
night out
>15-20 for transportation one way
>6-8 for a beer, 4-6 as expensive as in government
owned monopoly statist shop
>15 bucks for a drink with 6cl of booze
>can't smoke weed
>can wear sweatpants, if you want to visit place full of immigrants
>6-12 dollars for entry fee and then maybe another 6-12 bucks to hang your coat, otherwise the place is going to be flooded by third world people.
>have to go home at 1-3 am, usually at 2.

Only Jews own clubs?

We Travel the Cybernetic Highways

The owners who aren't jews might as well be.

Austin doesn't really have a club scene. There's some clubs on the east side but they double as part time music venues.

What is surprising to me is watching normies in cities just accept how shitty it is, like they just don't notice it anymore. Aggressive panhandlers, unhinged hobos, hoodrats skulking around- yet these people flock to these shithole cities and constantly extol their virtues. Cities disgust me. Any good time I have is equaled by a constant feeling of having to be on my guard.

And the people are just disgusting. Landwhales wearing far less than they should, piercings and tats everywhere, it's just disgusting. It's like a human zoo.

eh, you can find places cheaper than 2k a month.

probably isnt gonna be the greatest neighborhoods though

You forgot
>Women going out would just get raped by immigrants, the crime them covered up by police
>Women who drink would be accused of deserving it, because it's against muslim culture
>Alcohol being sold offends them

Seriously though, if I were a girl and living in Sweden I would be a hikikomori. Assuming I somehow dodged the indoctrination.

I got tired of shitty music that was too loud to enjoy, can't converse with people because of said music, and overcharging for drinks like mad.

Also, netflix is pretty good and piracy is even better.