How the fuck you go from generic pop band to music legends in merely 7 years?

How the fuck you go from generic pop band to music legends in merely 7 years?

Any other band/composer in history that has shown such outstanding artistic growth?

Demi Lovato

Bruce Springsteen

YMO took the reverse route in five years time, going from music legends as well as amazing pop band to generic synthpop band

because George Martin

Kanye West

How were the Beatles a generic pop band?
Ever since they first started out other artist have taken influence from their sound
They are pretty much the original "generic pop band" btw...

It was there from the start, early Beatles were anything but "generic pop music" at the time, and honestly even still stand out in a modern context if you actually listen.

They didn't start as a generic pop band. There was something special about them from the beginning. Somehow they were extraordinarily talented ballad writers and pop songwriters and baroque pop writers and lyricists from the day they began. The days of the massively popular sophisti-pop group will return. One of these days, there will be another Beatles. Modern folk revival will play a big role.

The Beatles are fucking GOAT dude. Just accept it and enjoy it

Bruce's early stuff was better then his Born in the USA crap.

was watching a documentary, its insane how they go from legendary album to legendary album in a span of 9 months and shit like that. never knew they did it all in so little time. then you have supposed music geniuses like radiohead that output an album every 10 years and they do just alright, they just aint The Beatles.

Not only that but they we're constantly touring and making movies as well

They were never generic pop, that's the thing.

Radiohead

Talk Talk

You could see flashes of brilliance even in the "generic pop" stuff though. Although one can see Scaruffi shit on them for not having qualities like...counterpoint, it was in the earlier stuff when they first messed around with counterpoint in pop before anyone else.

THIS

this
laughing stock > beatles entire discography

didn't they stop touring after 1966 to be a fully studio band? radiohead still tours and at least thom and jonny have their own music shit outside of radiohead. the one time they did lock themselves in the studio they wrote kid a + amnesiac + b-sides thtat were just as good + half of HTTT

>generic pop

Kys

Please dont compare memehead to The Beatles, come on.

H>the first band ever to play as if their voices were electric
>their third number one single is the first heavy metal song ever
>generic pop band

>the first band ever to play as if their voices were electric
what did he mean by this?

Each one of them had a natural sense of curiosity and intuition, but they also got very lucky with George Martin being able to facilitate their artistic growth. Such lucky lads.

Just the fact that pop music at the time hadn't been tested in any way shape or form.

these are impressive too but the beatles have by far the most impressive discography in the history of popular music. it's insane what they managed to accomplish

I think it would be hard to deny that Please Please Me is anything but a pop album, incredibly well conceived at that, but they were still young songwriters just assimilating the hits of the days.

Yeah, if only anyone in Radiohead were good-looking. Probably would have helped them reach that level of ubiquity the Beatles were at. You can't really do the band member favoritism thing for Radiohead.

Hard work and intelligence.

That album sucks btw.

too much paul?

the whole ending is incredible. not any salvageable points for you?

it's their best album

beach boys are the only americans that come to mind. when i tell people i think pet sounds is one of the best albums ever made, they don’t get it until i show them because they just know their poppier singles

not sure what you mean by band member favoritism, as in like the question “who’s your favorite beatle?”

Scott Walker was kind of similar with his musical growth. Started off with simple pop tunes, now he's a renowned avant-garde artist

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Tim Buckley went from being your typical singer-songwriter to one of the greatest avant-folk artists in only a span of about four years. It's a damn shame that his record label shafted him immediately afterwards, though

>their third number one single is the first heavy metal song ever
Which song?

They were never a generic pop band

I'm not that guy, but I want to hold your hand was their third number 1.

you only say this because you saw what they converted into. but, at the time, everyone who watched them in their early years, saw just another run on the mill rock n roll band, and they were.

That is completely wrong, from the beginning people knew they were something special.

>generic pop band
Back in the day most bands didn't even managed to release an album with original songs only, also Day Tripper is one of the catchiest songs of all time.

It's just very disconnected as an album for me. There's no real unifying aspect to bring everything together. The songs themselves are good enough, but the production kind of bugs me as well.