I like Meshuggah but not other Djent as much as Meshguggah

I like Meshuggah but other Djent bands are like eh, they just make that bottoming out guitar noise like thats all Meshuggah does!

Halp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2TPFIZoZg
youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=m9LpMZuBEMk
youtube.com/watch?v=8nxN2x3_xsI
youtube.com/watch?v=U2ZE4QmUCjs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't help you lad (honestly I didn't finish reading your post), just came in to say that Catch 33 is fucking GOAT

Meshuggah is absolute ass and djent sucks

The only thing close to good djent is Animals As Leaders

Because mot bands just copy them while watering down their music

kek AAL are boring wankery

>Meshuggah
>not the most boring of wankery
Meshuggah writes music for people who think they're smart for knowing what a time signature is, at least Tosin can shred and write good leads instead of just doing chug shit

i shall cure you of your disease, op.
youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2TPFIZoZg

your post completely sums up the kind of person that says catch 33 is the best meshuggah album without having listened to any others.

meshuggah's prowess has absolutely nothing to do with time signatures

Their last album is nuts.

This, it's just an interesting quirk, a detail. Everything else is in the music and the lyrics.

I love LoG but this is something else entirely. Not sure OP likes it, it's good but for different reasons than Meshuggah.

they are the only real djent band

they themselves said they don't do djent

u wot? I've listened to all their albums. C33 is still my favourite. It just never gets old or feels stale.

Hi

I like TesseracT

Bye

shitty bait

Djent is a shit genre
For some decent djent though check out
>Monuments
>Reflections (The Fantasy Effect only)
>Structures (More hardcore with a lot of djent influence)
These three bands are really the only worthwhile ones in the genre aside from Meshuggah and SikTh

I'll be damned if Obzen doesn't have some dirty grooves and genuine catchiness. Have not heard much else.

>Sol Niger Within
>T.R.A.M.
>Mestis

tesseract literally has no bad albums. Listen to youtube com/watch?v=O-hnSlicxV4
blast it. it's so fucking great.

Check out Koloss m8
youtube.com/watch?v=m9LpMZuBEMk

Djent is a very grunge-like label. It's just a blanket label for the rise of a variety of progressive metal / alternative metal hybrid bands mostly inspired by Meshuggah, Sikth, metalcore vocals and uhh.. Post rock maybe? Electronic music, too? For a while it was mostly just bands wanting to sound like Periphery and Animals As Leaders (Misha Mansoor sure was influencial huh). Now it's just kind of a meme term for bands or songs riding the low strings on 7 and 8 string guitars.

youtube.com/watch?v=8nxN2x3_xsI

people will say it's pointless chugging but goddamn this is some robot djenthall shit

Yea i love listening to 2 guitarists jerking off on their 8 string

>no bad albums
theyve literally written like 3 songs and just rehashed them over and over

and they are indeed bad

What was up with their last single though? A good song but such an unpleasant mix, almost ruins it for me. Normally their mixes are awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=U2ZE4QmUCjs

This is just blatant Vildjharta idolization with less interesting parts. Seems like they've been the new trendy dudes to emulate for awhile