This would have been fucking amazing if they'd cut out most of the brass and choir and just left in a few things like...

This would have been fucking amazing if they'd cut out most of the brass and choir and just left in a few things like the one girl in the early middle portion of the song. A lot of things on here just sound fucking ridiculous and totally kill the mood. "That was the point" may be the go to defense, but look at what the piece actually does vs. what the arrangements do, because the dominant emotion on this song is like an amalgam of fear and grief, and a lot of the arrangements here are just fucking wacky. It's just contextually disjointed is all I'm trying to say.

this is a giant turd

Your post sucks more than Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast

which is odd because Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is pretty good

The title suite is one of the very best Floyd tracks. I have no idea why people dislike it.

SILENCE IN THE STUDIO

Kill yourself.

Everytime when I listen to it I get hungry, and I don't like that

wrong. i hate marmalade

I always get this kind of response when I try to actually discuss music on here.

actually they were with syd barret in the studio making piper while sgt pepper was happening in the other room and surely beatles were stealing from syd who is way off his rocker in another dimension far weirder than paul or john. so it wasn't that they were late for anything, they just made a shitty album because they wanted to

where "this shit is wacky, that breakfast is hungry man dinner" = discussion

this album is a 10/10 why would you change anything

no they were late to hiring an orchestra and actual brass to play for them. atom heart mother came out in late 1970, baroque pop had already gone out of style before then. they were messing around with the mellotron and synths, making their own brass and chiors sectinos on songs like saucerful of secrets, i dont know why they didnt just incorporate that idea but on the whole album like other prog bands were experimenting with at the time instead of hiring people making an impractical album.

Yeah I know but when I actually try to talk about music people make personal slights at me.

It's not just here, complete and total strangers give me shit out in public too, like it's okay as long as it's aimed at me. They're like, "oh good, he's here, let's give him shit."

i'm just sayin i doubt they were late so much as a willful decision to do it in their own time. jugband blues had syd bringing in homeless people to play brass and kazoo and shit. i think a lot of early 70s post-syd floyd saw them ripping off his weird ideas like ummagumma big time did that, they did not find their own sound until meddle

they certainly weren't too late for baroque pop, but rather ahead of the curve on orchestral prog misadventures like some stuff on ELP's Works and Rick Wakeman's Journey to the Center of the Earth

granted those were not progs finest moments, but still

More like a 99.9/10
There is only one thing I would change from that album and it's the fucking chewing sounds.

when he crunches with chomp chomp, change it munch munch now you got your 10!

this albums SUCKS

i know jugband blues had an actual brass band the salvation army i believe, i just think what they were experimenting with on songs like saucerful (making the mellotron sound like trumpets and flutes) was more interesting than having an actual musicians play it. it contributed to the idea of psychedlic music making things not sound like eachother and keeping the listenr guessing as to how they achived certain sounds and stuff
i just meant the sgt pepper or pet sounds style f having actual brass and strings instead of using more electronics and low key experimentation they were moving towards like in krautrock etc

It's hilarious in the morning after a night's partying when you're baked.

there's a pink floyd book i read years back, the wacked out section in the middle of jugband was a group of bums syd showed up with and they just let him do whatever for that song and that was the last floyd material he made