Was Kubrick a fraud?

Was Kubrick a fraud?

he filmed 9/11

probably the one artist of all time to deserve all the praise he got

Eyes Wide Shut was only popular because it had Cruise and Kidman but the movie itself was pretty trash.

You can totally tell how outdoors NYC looked like a sound stage.

Kidmans acting was cringe to watch, especially the scene when she gets high/arguing with Cruise.

Poor ending as well

These are all part of the dreamlike theme of the movie

Spielberg is better

>triggered pseud fedora on the right
>amused cuckess on the left
>center latina just soaked her panties at hearing you say the truth

no hes legit

pleb
this

I swear people don't have the right mindset when watching 90% of things

No, he was very good. Doesn't deserve quite the praise he gets though.

EWE is his best film, his final masterpiece.

EWS fuck sake

where the fuck he hid the pie fight scene fuck

Sounds like something someone who doesn't actually watch films outside hollywood would say.

Spielberg is technically good and his movies are shit story wise. Kubrick was technically amazing and his movies are interesting and deserving of several viewings.

underrated post m8

He had very memorable movies. Nothing fraudulent about that.

gb2/rebbit/ you shit gobbling pleb and never use pepe again.

He was a fraud in the sense that he made extremely subversive films out in the open arena of the mainstream.

He did so for decades with hardly a soul knowing what he was actually doing.

Do they ever post pepes on Reddit? Do you get down voted for posting one?

Everything you list was intentional...

Cuckit probably bans all Pepe imagery now.

> shit story wise
> implying Spielberg isnt technically amazing

I hate the fact 99% of his output are adaptations. But other than that, he's pretty solid

Kubrick's movies are aesthetically-pleasing sometimes, but completely devoid of human emotions

hell of a meme, if you think barry lyndon, eyes wide shut and full metal jacket are devoid of emotions you are no kinoman

also if the ending to 2001 in the room doesnt make you spill your spaghetti and you thought the astronauts were robots you are an idiots delight

Barry Lyndon is unironically "robots in paintings"

OP here, I think he is overrated. Not bad at all, but think that he only made film adaptations of books, never did anything 100% original. At the same time, some of his adaptations are pretty shit. EWS is cringe material and The Shining is quite pretentious in my opinion.

A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket and Mr. Strangelove are god tier films though.

It isnt though what kind of period piece you want senpai?

The Duellist is far superior

anyone cheeky enough to make a $11 million film adaptation of Barry Lyndon is alright in my book.