Anyone else think that this album reminds them of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door...

Anyone else think that this album reminds them of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door? You can see the similarities in songs like these, right?

youtu.be/dDue183YvpA
youtu.be/uvug9_xljlY
youtu.be/pEK-MREzHDI
youtu.be/4a7Tv6U-pi8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3j3VL70JpBo
youtube.com/watch?v=nsRt1GdtZHg
youtube.com/watch?v=TOCFH2RFNHk
youtube.com/watch?v=VuiEgWun5po
youtube.com/watch?v=oc8lNDxC4kM
youtu.be/ZSP25VbzE3s
youtu.be/iJznmG5D-7I
youtu.be/5VzadkLSbyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Video games are art, they are amazing

Yes!

i've played the first paper mario and loved it. is thousand year door worth giving a shot?

Yes, play it immediately! The characters are much funnier than before, and the first few chapters are a 10/10!

thanks mate, i'll give it a shot soon

Alright! If you can, I'd recommend getting an actual GameCube to play it, unless you have an emulator already.

But anyway, the soundtrack to this game is amazing; it's my favorite Mario OST!
youtu.be/3j3VL70JpBo

this game's soundtrack is patrician as fuck, and its also the best in the series
I think this game along with some other japanese composed games from n64 and gamecube influenced my interest in 70's prog.
youtube.com/watch?v=nsRt1GdtZHg
doesnt this just sound like it would fit in perfectly in a zelda game or something?

It actually gives me a more Fire Emblem-ish vibe, especially in Radiant Dawn.

yeahh I can see that, definitely some sort of JRPG
now that I think about it, it actually totally reminds me of maplestory music, which is fucking amazing by the way. so nostalgic for me

No, this album is like some of the songs in Katamari

youtube.com/watch?v=TOCFH2RFNHk

youtube.com/watch?v=VuiEgWun5po

youtube.com/watch?v=oc8lNDxC4kM

In fact I think the composer LISTENED to Sweet Trip and copied the style, they are almost exactly the same.

never make this post again, katamari ost is amazing, sweet trip is overrated as fuck, also they sound nothing alike

Listen to Blue Orb then listen to All The Dancers lol. Too much coincidence.

While it's possible that the composer of Katamari was aware of V:D:C's existence, its more likely he drew inspiration from the many other more famous IDM artists out there.

youtu.be/ZSP25VbzE3s
youtu.be/iJznmG5D-7I
youtu.be/5VzadkLSbyQ

Bump

One more spoon of cough Sup Forumsrup.

Okay, two more spoons of cough Sup Forumsrup.

Eh, screw it, it's New Year's. One more bump to save my thread.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

TTYD>ST by a fucking landslide.

Self-titled (Paper Mario 1) or Sweet Trip?

I'm going to bed now.