Why is Sup Forums stuck in 2015?

Why is Sup Forums stuck in 2015?

All you faggots ever post is the same shit. Why arent you recommending new albums or at least shit beyond death grips, justice, grimes, kanye, kpop, beatles, neutral milk hotel, swans and tyler the creator?
Like buddy move the fuck on. You cant keep listening to the same 20 minute long album for 3 years straight.

Ill fucking post my own recommendations if you want.

And before you think im trashing on them think again, im just saying find some more artists.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hK2uhhOx5lc
youtu.be/wLspqhIoJQQ
youtu.be/V0X-SWiDr1g
youtu.be/6fPcNqpNJm0
youtu.be/xQ3OStBQfwk
youtu.be/ayBhOsYTfWQ
youtu.be/fi-S9lrnLZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=RRKXQE52l2Q
littlekid.bandcamp.com/album/sun-milk
youtube.com/watch?v=txD79BlI_1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lmao i think the problem is the opposite. Sup Forums barely talks about nmh and other Sup Forumscore and instead always talk about trap shit like kendrick and lil peep

Thats no different. Lil peep is fucking dead and youve had time to worship his work and mourn. Why arent i seeing anything else?

The shit I listen to is too weird for these kids so I usually just talk about normalfag shit like your mentions

Like I said, we should elect more albums onto Sup Forumscore. I'll start with this.

the problem is that every time someone posts something that isn't one of those artists, it get's no replies

youtu.be/hK2uhhOx5lc lofi hiphop
youtu.be/wLspqhIoJQQ
youtu.be/V0X-SWiDr1g
youtu.be/6fPcNqpNJm0
And my favourite
youtu.be/xQ3OStBQfwk

>we should elect more albums onto Sup Forumscore
that's not how Sup Forums core works newfag. Sup Forumscore is just a list of albums that this board frequently talks about. it doesn't even have anything to do with quality. and consequently a lot of it is shit

Then give it replies dude

let me guess. you go to a liberal arts college and you have a tumblr

lil peep's last album was only 4 months ago user and theres been albums that came out after that that Sup Forums talks about quite a bit like iglooghost

see

Fucking this, why bother trying at all?
all garbage

people still listen to Justice?

nobody's worshiping that faggot, it's all shills

2015 was the year before the Nazis took over, so we have nostalgia for that period. Trump was just a joke, not the President.

nobody is willing to say they like something unless there's already a group of several other anons who are comfortable saying they like it so we are basically stuck in an eternal stalemate

Nope, i just got the tumblr.

Bro you can fuck off with this shit. Just listen to music.

You're everything that's wrong with Sup Forums

This is fuckng lame

And therein lies the problem.

To answer the OP fully, I think it's because of the stagnancy of the Sup Forumscore albums themselves. Many of them constantly get shilled here with very few threads that bring a novel perspective on these albums, which makes them utterly tedious. I think that Sup Forums should have some official nomination to elect new albums that either have received huge critical acclaim, are underrated gems hidden by the fabric of time, and/or albums hated before by both fanatics and music critics that soon garnered critical acclaim due to a change in perspective. That way, we'll have some fresher albums/songs/music to discover and discuss. Also, elitism needs to be toned down seriously, especially with the influx of invasions from other boards recently, and the insipid shit-posts derailing threads.

>Brockhampton
>gaming study chill beats
>black power feminist music

Nah I dont fuck with it

Keep crying wuss

Personally the best part of 2015 Sup Forums imo was DJ Aaron Ellis

youtu.be/ayBhOsYTfWQ
youtu.be/fi-S9lrnLZ8
Hows this

>tone down elitism
No, go fuck yourself newfag. The elitism is in place to keep trapfags and plebs out or to force them to assimilate and discover more varied music than rap, pitchfork and the top 40. Go the fuck back to indieheads you queer.

get off your high horse. the music you posted is lame af. and regardless of its quality, noname and brockhampton aren't obscure at all. noname was spammed here for months after fantano reviewed it. and brockhampton gets posted here more than most of the artists op listed

>You're everything that's wrong with Sup Forums
says the guys posting garbage generic lo-fi shit, if you want to be noticed atleast post some decent music faggot

Bruh, its not that deep. Sup Forumsfags hate anyone thats not a white musician.
They dont like jazz, classical, italian, rap. If they were a spice they would be flour

Thundercat is aight but he's pretty well known

Check this guy out you might like it
youtube.com/watch?v=RRKXQE52l2Q
We should talk more about the emerging indie scene. Sup Forums was always an indie rock board when it was in it's prime.

Sup Forums has been shit ever since my dark beautiful twisted fantasy came out.
if any one album is to blame for the fall of Sup Forums, it's that one.

I try to rec shit i listen to and post my aotys in threads, but since they are 2obscure4mu nobody ever bothers to comment.

>And therein lies the problem.
do you seriously think making a chart with a bunch of obscure albums and calling it Sup Forumscore will make this board listen to and talk about those albums?

Sup Forumscore is a reflection of the state of the board. not the influencer of the state of the board

post some here then

>The elitism is in place to keep trapfags and plebs out or to force them to assimilate and discover more varied music than rap, pitchfork and the top 40.
And how's that working out again? Hmm, well, Grimes and KPOP still get discussed daily, Brockhampton, SoundCloud rap and Kendrick Lamar threads garner hundreds of replies, idiots still shitpost about Cardi B and Lil Peep, and did I mention, FUCKING NU METAL IS UNIRONICALLY MAKING A COMEBACK?

So I'll ask again: how's the elitist method working for you?

not true, newfags listen to the Sup Forumscore charts and base their tastes off of it that's why you get the homogeneity
most rap is shit tho
there's forums for rap discussion like ktt and hiphopheads take that teenage garbage there
yeah we gotta bring back the 2010-12 days where mainstream and bad taste is fucking shamed and you get patrician recs from tastemakers

>assimilate to listen to the same 5 albums we like and anything new is hated
Retarded
>discover new music
You literally snuff anything new. Everything shown here is old. Whats worse is that it isnt even the best of the genre its under, youre literally the 40 year old rock radio host you utter faggot. Of you dont like music then get the fuck out. If you just want to jerk off over your taste then get the fuck out. This is now the place to post fresh shit. Stupid mother fucker

We're not elitist anymore and that's why these shitposts get made. They feel welcome here. Rapfags, poptimists, waifufags, Sup Forumstards all need to be shamed into listening to better music or bombarded with posts telling them to piss off. Do the Sup Forums thing.

>homogeneity
No, more like never feeling out of the loop because youre an old fuck with no taste

Because 2015 had the best music of the 21st century so far and this is uncontroversial.

If you want to talk about soundcloud rap and top 40 you can go to facebook or some other place. Not here. We don't want your 14 year old tier taste mate.

>waaahh nazis ruined this board!!
the people who are making it a race thing are a vocal minority. most people are just realizing that hip-hop is actually shitty genre of music. and that it's only popular because it was pushed by the cultural zeitgeist to further a political agenda. stay salty hip-hop head

Your music taste is not any better, in fact its absolute shit not even worth mentioning.

If a music board made to discuss ALL music is forced by some autistic retards like yourself into banishing entire genres or only allowing industrial and metal posting youre the fucking cum stain of the earth

t. Sup Forumstard

We try to post threads about new music we discover and rare stuff but they get barely any replies. The only stuff that gets replies is garbage pop music and mumble rap. That's not quality that doesn't attract quality tastes. If you want good taste on this board you gotta talk about it more instead of bumping threads about Lil Peep and other horseshit.

>not true
yes it is. you're being super naive. you can't change the albums that people like to discuss here just by changing the Sup Forumscore chart. that's not how it works. people are still going to talk about neutral milk hotel and death grips because they're huge memes that were deeply ingrained in the culture of this board.

t. Soyboy

You listen to brockhampton kid, go back to /r/hhh. How long you been browsing this board, a year?

>elitism needs to be toned down seriously
theres no fucking elitism at all because of you fucking underage reddit sad boi indieheads. If we had actual eletism, there would be actual fucking music discussiona dn when poeple posted the same p4k shit weve all seen and heard a million times, the thread would get saged or people bullied about their shit taste. it's what we need for anything fresh and new here. 100s of albums come out every single week and new shit every fucking day and you trying to tell me Sup Forumscore and p4k artists are the pinnacle of music.

Sup Forums has always been elitist and it should remain so

we need CLT and the patrician council back
we used to have krautrock threads get 50+ replies now we have unironic X fans

shouldve stopped typing before blatantly betraying your own point

You literally do not even try to hide the fact that youre an edgy teenager from the worst board

This
Thank you
The board's quality is down because the userbase accepts threads about the same p4k crap and trendy memerap. Try posting quality threads about new music you find instead of bumping brockhampton threads

Oh my god get the dick out of your mouth you insufferable fag

>i liek listening to unchanging 4/4 beats that loop two bars of music for 3-4 minutes with a person talking on top
>music is my liyfe

>having good taste means rejecting everything old and only listening to new music because a lot comes out

Wtf is "Krautrock" and how is it inherently better than X or Lil Peep or Brockhampton? I think you people are just bitter old head rockists mad about a changing board and music landscape and your hostile attitude is making this board worse. Indie is dead, hip hop is the new shit, we're gonna talk hip hop on the music board. Deal with it, racists.

yea actually, total genuine yes.

Why do you get upset at people posting music you dont like.

Why not segregate genres with the threads instead of having an episode over this.
You dont see power lifters going into crossfit threads and starting shit in /fit/
You dont see people that only like mmo's posting in shooters on Sup Forums
Only on Sup Forums does anyone try to block out different stuff outside the mainstream.

What is the bottom left? It looks wonderful.
Also thanks for Plantasia and Rain Forest, I'm looking forward to these

too obvious

aoty but watch nobody giving a damn
littlekid.bandcamp.com/album/sun-milk

everything wrong with Sup Forums

>WOW YOU DON'T LIKE HIP HOP YOU'RE SO RASCIST
i'm just saying that most music publications (or any publications at all for that matter) have a liberal bias. especially pitchfork. so if anything they're the ones letting race impair their judgement of the music.

i don't like hip hop because it's primarily generic and simplistic trash. see

>defending Sup Forums
Literally no excuse. Nothing gets any lower then you idiots. Everything you say isnt taken seriously you know that right?

woow no lambent material?
please tell me i am blind because this is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=txD79BlI_1w

I'm serious, wtf. It's attitudes like this, dismissive and trying to be a purity gate keeper of the music board. Youre trying to say your indie and kraut rock shit is the only music worth discussing, and just because hip hop is mainstream means it doesnt belong here because its for plebs. That's fucked dude.

>your hostile attitude is making this board worse
welcome to Sup Forums. Like memes aside if you think that shit is toxic, why are you on this fucking edgy user site where everyone calls eachother faggot. in all honesty go back to r/indieheads with that attitude you dumb fuck. or go cry some more over your STEM homework because your fucking alone on new years eve posting on Sup Forums and no one genuinely likes you or ever will be interested in you.

he had me until i read this onethe dude's baiting people. pack it up

Not liking rap doesnt make you racist, it's just poorly done crude music. Some of it is fun, but it's not deep or really worth discussing other than "dude this beat slaps"

its pacific by haruomi hosono, its a great bit of exotica

thats on this chart lol

>anyone who has differing views or opinions than me is a retard and nothing they say has any value whatsoever.
it's this kind of mindset that will keep you from ever learning anything or developing as a person.

When your opinions are racism, capitalism, and Nazism, yes you hold no value other than as compost. Drop dead, you ruined this board.
It doesn't have to be that way, this board could be great if it wasnt relying on memes and edginess. Stop being elitist and be more open to discussing new music. I want to talk about music and discover new artists, but I cant because people dont post anything and if they do they just get called "pleb" or some asshole just talks shit.

>disliking rap is defending Sup Forums
you're one of the most ignorant people i've interacted with on this board. nothing is black and white, and your "us and them" attitude is blinding you from any and all reason

Lmao youre such a pussy.
>THE BOARD IS SHIT, THIS SITE WILL ALWAYS BE BAD WHY EVEN CHANGE IT

We enjoy talking on this plstform, we know cum for brains like you will get board being cancer and eventually leave. Were complaining about your shit taste and everybody wants you out. You literally have no reason or excuse for being this retarded.

Your "elitism" is actually just you being insecure. Suck an aids infested dick

>When your opinions are racism, capitalism, and Nazism, yes you hold no value other than as compost.
you sound like one of the citizens of oceania during the 2-minute hate of Goldstien. all bitter passion and emotion with no thought.

Gtfo faggot, we're not changing this board to accommodate plebs. We want you top 40 brockhampton listening ass out and to go back to KTT

>comparing people with slightly differing social views to a political party known for selectively murdering millions of civilians via extreme profiling

Clearly you're the progressive here

>Suck an aids infested dick
at least im getting human contact

Wonderful. Cheers

>When your opinions are racism, capitalism, and Nazism, yes you hold no value other than as compost
know your enemy. how can you ever know warmth when you don't know what cold is?

Im arguing to listen to shit beyond brockhampton.

People have always complained Sup Forums is too mean or too elitist or too hipster, but the truth is it's not even close to the level it was in 2009-14ish. That's a perception from the past. That's arguably when this board was at it's best too.

this so much. we need more taste bullying around here. and all the r/HHH fucks to go back

We need more city pop threads desu!

whatthefuckamireading.jpg
No one likes you. Go under your bridge and neck yourself. Stop doxxing Sup Forums board regulars who've called you out on your shit and posting their info on your shit-tier edgelord tripfag boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums.
>Nothing on Sup Forums is meant to be fact
>NOTHING ON Sup Forums IS MEANT TO BE FACT
GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK, MONGOLOID SKULL.

No one is doxxing anybody you retard

wat

Meant to reply to this shitlord.

>ad hominem
>ad hominem
>baseless and completely unrelated assumption
>ad hominem
what are you even saying? i'm assuming you haven't read 1984. try picking up a book sometime.

That guy is right though. Sup Forums just brings retarded nazis and capitalists on here who just want to provoke and debate and post racist memes

This.

>Sup Forums just brings retarded nazis and capitalists
see

>You cant keep listening to the same 20 minute long album for 3 years straight.
tfw I've actually pretty much done this

I'd like to think I'm not much of a problem though. I don't act like I know shit anymore.

>it's a both sides larp as eachother trying to make the other look more autistic thread

Why is it considered stirring the pot to post new music in a fucking music board.

Do we really need to go the Sup Forums route and split a board into old music and new music?

The fact that anons think everything outside of mu is shit without even hearing it tells you just the type of autist youre daeling with

We *really* don't want you here, though. We aren't here to discuss politics. We're here to discuss music.

Does saying it in a polite manner help?

I'm not open to genocidal ideas, sorry kthxbb

>I'm not open to genocidal ideas
wtf? neither am i. you realize that most conservatives don't actually want to murder millions of people right?

There's nothing wrong with posting new music, imho. It's a shame this board is turning into Sup Forums.

man you're the one who made it about politics. all i originally said is that i don't like hip hop music. also, you're obviously totally fine with talking about politics as long as it's politics you agree with

Sup Forums is part of Sup Forums, it will bleed into other boards on Sup Forums, some Sup Forumsacks, as retarded as they are, like music. Sup Forums has a contingent of legitimate communists who get offended over Sup Forums's mere existence, so they call them out, and Sup Forums defends itself, and then it just turns into a shitflinging political debate. it'd be best if no one posted any political meme at all so we cant even recognize when someone is pol, but naturally that kind of humor and unPC way of thinking is going to seep into other boards. you just gotta accept it if you're going to deal with a Sup Forums board for discussion, it's going to be full of 4channers