S2 Finale Discussion

S2 Finale Discussion

Wait, so if Ash managed to defeat Baal in the 1980's, why are Cheryl, Brock, and Chet still dead and the town celebrates Ash for saving them in the present day?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/craig-digregorio-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-orig-247262
screencrush.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-army-of-darkness-bruce-campbell/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because there are many different timelines. He didn't go back to the new one.

They created an alternate timeline in their previous existing one. The Nerconomicon in the end credits is found by the group of teens from the remake evil dead. They're going to mesh together all the movies in one universe

Also, the town celebration was clearly a ruse, made, or at least nudged onward by 80s Ruby to keep Ash occupied for a while.

This. The whole thing SCREAMED delusion to me.
It was too perfect.

I loved the blue force ghosts in the ending scene

How did they get back into the present after the book fell into the fires of hell anyway?

I know it wasn't real, but the ending still pissed me off. Bruce better not die before S3 is finished. I'd hate for it to unintentionally have a super happy ending.

Pablo IS teh book remember?

Third part of the deal if he won the mano a mano was to be returned back to their own timeline.

That lends more credence to the theory that the whole scene wasn't real.

Don't worry. Only ending that would fit was something US version Army of Darkness tier.

this show has no rules, bro

so was anything after the ruby destroyed the cabin real? is pablo alive? is baal? are they still trapped in 1982? what of pancakes?! whaaaat???

Anyone know if there are any rips out there of season 1 that include the audio commentaries?

Explanation on why the last episode felt so disjointed:
avclub.com/article/craig-digregorio-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-orig-247262

As much as I'd like it to be so, I don't think the scene after the credits is going to make the remake of the first film canon. It's probably just gonna be some other group finds the book other than Ash and probably isn't going to be Mia

This honestly sounds like good news for the sequel. As funny as the colon monster was, I think it went too far for Evil Dead.

Well, sure.

Mia and her group found the book in the cabin, where it's shown to have a history. The new person finds it in some leaves outside

I hope they do a Season 3 with 80s Ruby as the villain, but this time they go back to the middle ages and pepper it with Army of Darkness references. I'd love to see Kelly and Pablo interacting with middle ages peasants or cultists who worship Ruby for some reason.

damn, not too hopeful for season 3 after reading that.

I'm glad that guy is leaving, the colon monster was unfunny and childish as fuck. I'd rather have a super serious horror Evil Dead, with unexpected comedy, not something like the Simpsons where there's a gag every 4 seconds.

>and childish as fuck.
That's a dumb complaint. Many things are childish in the Evil Dead series.

honestly I'm kind of glad to see he's gone because that idea sounded fucking awful, and in general I don't like the over-the-top silliness that the show has been leaning towards (though the colon monster was pretty great I'll give him that). It sounds like he just wants to make Ash vs Evil Dead be basically the same as My Name is Bruce when an actual Evil Dead show should be a bit more subtle

The season finale was pretty shitty and rushed though, it was obvious they had no idea what they were doing. The Baal reveal was good, but pretty much everything after that, especially the idea of Baal and Ash making a deal and fistfighting, was retarded.
They should have just had Baal and 80's Ruby "win", modern Ruby die (because let's be honest, she's kind of useless to the plot by now) Ash and Kelly barely escape, and find some way to handwave Pablo coming back (evil Pablo would have worked too). Either way just have them all at a new low for the start of S3 so we can cheer for them as the underdogs again.

Or what this faggot said
if you're going to bring up the time travel and stopping evil in the first place, might as well go full out crazy and go back to the middle age sand redo Army of Darkness to the best of their ability (given copyright issues)

>nd go back to the middle age sand redo Army of Darkness to the best of their ability (given copyright issues)
If they went back to the middle ages at all, they'd probably be immediately sued because I imagine the rights holders could argue plagiarism

that's why I'm saying to the best of their ability. Maybe go back to some other time period then, ancient Greece or Rome or something. Do a tie in with Hercules - The Legendary Journies for maximum camp. Or on a more serious note, go to ancient Sumeria instead and try to stop original mortal Ruby from writing the book.

The main point is end the season on a down note so Ash, Kelly, and maybe Pablo have their work cut out for them next season, and change the setting because it's clear they've run out of stuff they can do as far as smalltown Michigan goes

is pablo going to have the book tattooed all over him for the rest of the series?

Jesus, no wonder Kelly became more obnoxious than usual. What an awful idea that is. Her actress doesn't even have a quarter of the charisma required to pull off being Ash's future replacement. He did fairly well for the most part, but I'm glad he's gone. My hopes aren't that high for S3 now.

yes, and it's always going to give them a shitty deus ex machina way to get out of every situation
Which I'll be fine with as long as they do at least 1 joke about Ash mispronouncing the words

Her actress isn't that bad, they just have literally nothing for her to do. Same with Lucy Lawless who is fucking fantastic but basically just stumbled along this season because once her kids were dead she was superfluous. Only Pablo was passable and they had to torture him endlessly to make it worthwhile

>Do a tie in with Hercules - The Legendary Journies for maximum camp.
Jesus Christ. I'm glad you have nothing to do with this show.

Ive been hearing about this, are there any sources that say they are doing this?

Huh, I don't actually mind the idea of her being his daughter. Though her suddenly changing into his daughter is stupid, could've just had him always have been her dad since he was always meant to go back in time and fuck her mom.

>My hopes aren't that high for S3 now.
Why are your hopes not high now? That retard pushing those ideas is gone now.

It was just embarrassing all the times she tried to do a line similar to what Ash usually says.

Because his replacement could be even worse.

>Meanwhile, at the bar, Ash doesn’t see his dad, but does see a nice young lady, who seems very sad because she just got passed over for a teacher position. She’s distraught, and Ash, having learned a lot about how you can fail and come back from it, starts talking to her very genuinely in the charming Bruce way. They end up drinking together and go in a bathroom stall to have some early-’80s unprotected sex. What you don’t realize is that the woman Ash is having sex with is Kelly’s future mother [a young Suzy Maxwell]. So, what happens is that Kelly, while running in the woods, all of a sudden feels her entire being change and drops the book. That’s when 1982 Ruby catches up and realizes what just happened. She looks through the Necronomicon and sees Ash’s picture, and then next to it, a picture of Kelly starts to appear. Because of the unprotected bathroom stall incident, Kelly has become Ash’s daughter.

That would've just been horrible i'm glad he's gone.

>all the reddit shits in the comments saying they like his Kelly being Ash's daughter idea

It's a fucking dumb idea. Mia being Ash's daughter would be a better idea. But that's even a dumb idea.

At one point this season I was sure the young black chick was going to actually be his daughter.

that would've made three parents she looked nothing like

can we all agree that we all like the idea of ash having a daughter, just not an existing character?

Ash's replacement should just be another random poor bastard who gets cursed with plot armour.

Only if she's a lesbian that loves crushing pussy just like her old man.
>that's my girl

but ash's coming was foretold thousands of years ago by the necronomicon. there is only one jeffe

Ash isn't allowed to have happiness or a future lineage, he is cursed to walk the Earth fighting demons for the rest of his existence

>tfw no crossover with Re-animator

At least get Jeffrey Combs to star in an episode

>implying it'll still be worth watching without the brucester
Good one.

Obviously not, the cabin doesn't even exist anymore

>all the statements that she's stronger than ash
>ruby saying that it wasn't ash she was meant to summon, but her
>all their little moments together
>you're like the daughter i never had

i,definitely see it now, i'd still like for them to make this abandoned plotline make sense somehow in season 3

True, but they're still going to milk it as much as possible.

If they replaced Ash with his Dad, I'd still watch the show.

Just have Ash hookup with some chick back in the past before they came back to the present.

I don't understand why she has to be Ash's biological daughter. Just have her become Ash's adopted daughter, have Ash train her to be a badass. Have Ash become her Obiwan

I liked the season, it was great. I'm fine with Kelly being made into a badass but if anything it seems like it'd cheapen her to be made into Ash's daughter. We don't need genetic legacies for everything. Kelly and Pablo are great characters as is.

>Hi I'm Brock, but you can call me Cock.

classy af

No one likes Kelly when she tries to be badass. Not even you.

It wouldn't make sense for Kelly to be Ash's daughter. And it'd be hard to pull off. She wouldn't look exactly the same if she her father were changed to Ash.

I don't mind Kelly and I actually think she could be a good character with better writing. I think the issue with this season is with what's been revealed: they were going to make her his daughter.

why do deadites just get into fist fights with ash and rip other people apart right away

ash has special armor

People can say plot armor all they like, but I think secretly, Ash is the deadites favorite prey and they love to see him suffer and make idiotic decision.

I have kept a headcanon since the 90s that I will never shake. Ash died and became a deadite in the first movie just as easily as his friends did. Every single thing we've seen since is just his own personal hell.

You can't prove me wrong faggots!

the former deadite possession may be also what makes him immune to being ripped in half randomly, like it's a force his soul's immune system has some protection against now

Based Tapert.

please jesus

the correct answer is that raimi likes to torture ash

just watched it

don't rightly know what the fuck was going on

so he's doomguy

Is this good? Should I watch it?

Yes.
Watch 1 and 2, and if you really like those give 3 a shot because it has it's charm.

Then watch The Guyver solely for Combs' cameo as Dr. East.

>The Guyver
Also David Hayter, right?

I mean the one with Mark Hamill.
I think you're thinking of The Guyver 2

That finale was bad

Lol, right? Every time the daughter and the mom were onscreen together I was holding back laughter, shes darker than her supposed mom and shed supposed to be the daughter of her and a white man.

The last couple scenes made it worse than it needed to be, which is understandable now that we know how rushed it was. Personally I liked the fistfight, I thought it was funny. It got kinda dumb during/after that though.

There was some superb dialogue in there though
>"Well Pablo youll never be like me, because Im a legal citizen"

They should get Jeffrey Combs, Matthew Lillard, Robert Englund or someone to guest star.

The very ending was kind of disjointed but overall I thought the finale was fine.

Yeah the last scene did feel very out of place. I kept waiting for it to be some kind of hallucination or something because it just felt so weird and unrelated, i guess since they didnt show the gang going back to the future or the events leading up to the town throwing a god damn Ash Williams Day Party

How exactly was the Delta still working in Episode 208 if he had previously stabbed it in the engine block with a fucking chainsaw? And the hole in the hood is missing.

how come ash didn't bleed out in 10 seconds when his hand got chopped off?

>Matthew Lillard

I actually thought they got Lillard to play Baal and had to google the guy to make sure it wasn't him.

Not the point, but okay.

the necronomicon has a spell that fixes cars

Plausible.

so wait what was the big secret Ash's dad kept from him? do they ever say?

They dont say. The closest we get is Ash's dad sputtering between gasps for breath something about "Between the realms". My best guess is it has something to do with Ash's mom, considering we'vre never seen her. Maybe she's part demon or someshit, and thats why Ash has such great plot armour.

Because the Baal he defeated in the 1980s was the Baal that he fought in the present.
Chet, Cheryl and Brock are still dead because Baal killed them.

They have the rights for Army of Darkness now.

I figured something was off when Linda started talking, she was being weird.

That secret is going to haunt me for the rest of my life because they're never going to say what Ash's dad was hiding.

No they don't
screencrush.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-army-of-darkness-bruce-campbell/

I want to hug Kelly