Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7IIgeajJhdg
youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA
youtube.com/watch?v=zeOdqw7rbNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Stereolab
>no Neu
what le fuck do you mean by this?

I love Neu. I just don't want to put too many similar kinds of artists in a chart.

+Grouper, Nick Drake, Peasant, Unwound, Duster
Check out Exuma, Townes Van Zandt and Microphones (if you haven't already)

+can, grouper, talking heads, autechre, joanna newsom, c93
+blind willie, cash

Cerberus shoal-Homb
Kishi Bashi-151A
Negativland-Escape from noise
+Gazpacho

bump

cool chart lets be friends

grandaddy - the sophtware slump

help I'm new here

spent the holidays catching up on albums and EP's I should have listened to by now

Check out Unloved - Guilty of Love

Bump.

hey again user

Medicine - Shot Forth Self Living

Why are people not interested in these threads anymore?

Dishwalla - Opaline
Deftones - White Pony
Cherry Ghost - Beneath This Burning Shoreline

hello there mr. green

bump

happy new year bros

have you listened to stereolab's EP's?
fly pan am-s/t
rachel's-handwriting
karate-s/t
sonora pine-s/t

emmanuelle parrenin-maison rose

eloy-ocean
embryo-we keep on
deuter-d

What is the name of this one?

>Why are people not interested in these threads anymore?
everyone either has the same taste or shit taste

try clicking that link that says "google" on your post newfag

Various Artists - Che Guevara, 71, Tokyo

Sometimes reverse google image search doesn't work. Did your parents give you no love when you were a kid or something? Why do you have to call people fags for asking a question? I bet you're a mgtow too.

lmao

Then click it yourself. Now please, tell me if you found the album anywhere.

Thought so, you bloody arsemonger. Airy fairy ankle biters like you ruin this bloody board, just because you can't stop being retarded mongers. Fuck you.

lmao

Battles - Mirrored
or
Giraffes? Giraffes! - More Skin With Milk Mouth

So how exactly do these threads work? Do you make a chart based on your favorite albums or albums you've listened to recently?

I went with a general list of some of my tops, probably should have went for a chart of 100 though..could not fit them all

People put a mix of albums they like and albums they pretend to like on a chart, the more pretentious bullshit albums you put on the charts, the more attention you'll get by other pretentious people, because if you actually put albums on there which are good and well known, people will start insulting your "inferior taste" (because you don't listen to a vacuum cleaner slowed down 500% for 40 minutes). Pretty much if every album on your chart is objectively good, but well known (for being objectively good as well), then you suddenly have no taste in music.

If you don't recommend or rate, others will call you lazyposter, even though 90% of the recs are shit anyways and rating really is something useless.

That's how these threads work. No problem.

Disagree.
The reason people insult you for your "inferior taste" isn't because you won't listen to pretentious trite. Rather, people who have charts full of well-known albums give off the impression of one who has only explored the surface level of music. Obviously enjoying well-known albums and having explored music in-depth are not mutually exclusive. However, since this is the internet, one must always assume the latter.

This. This threads serve as a mean to rec new albums, hidden gems, and whatnot. Why the fuck would you include well known albums on your chart other than to receive recs from other people?

You are wrong

Thanks for the replies guys I get the general idea now, no need to rip each other a new asshole

recs or r8 bls
bedhead - transaction de novo
digitalism - idealism
the shins - chutes too narrow
cozmic corridors - s/t
afterlives - a ticking clock that i couldnt stop
codeine - frigid stars
protomartyr - agent intellect
veruca salt - american thighs
mad season - s/t
my dad is dead - the taller you are, the shorter you get
shins - wincing the night away
depreciation guild - in her gentle jaws
gleemer - moving away
cozmic corridors - s/t
helium - the dirt of luck
cloud nothings - attack on memory
yuck - s/t
tumor circus - s/t
diiv - oshin
lynx - s/t
the physics house band - horizons/rapture
closedown - nearfield
henrys dress - bust em green
should - folding sieve
bowery electric - s/t
peach pit - sweet fa
codeine - white birch
bluetile lounge - lowercase
aerial m - s/t
velocity girl - copacetic
cut copy - bright like neon love
chastity belt - i used to spend so much time alone
foxes in fiction - ontario gothic
notwist - neon golden
cherubs - heroin man
hammerhead - into the vortex
the dead texan - s/t
sylvia palth - melanchole

I always assume someone will call my taste shit (in fact I think this is the first time they haven’t yet), but I know I listen to a great deal of music so I really don’t care what they say in regards to that. I just like to see if someone will rec and see if I can give any recs.

usually it's favorites but there's no rules of course

sorry that you're salty

hi

This is me, reccing now
Listen to anything by Boreal Network
Also Boreal Betwork, or Oldboy
Whitewoods, Wolvves, Tears for Fears

Camel - Stationary Traveler

You'd probably like Gong a lot. Look them up on RYM. Other than that, you should check out the Vangelis compilation, Themes. Coil - The Ape of Naples might also be a good choice.
Do you only listen to music while studying or something?
Royksopp - Melody AM
Darkwood Dub
Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats
Royal Trux- Accelerator
I like your taste because it's simple hearted with pop sensibilities.
You'd probably like any of the non-Jazz albums from my chart.

goodbye world

Good riddance, bitch

holding hands with jamie - girl band

outside observer - dories

saved, very interested because for once i havent heard of a single album on someones chart

kunk - dope body

thats not true, no one replies to my chart :(

visiondeath - lazy legs

dont do it!!!

Y I K E S

mediocre

not bad

kike

imagine being this insecure, jesus christ

who insulted your taste?

is samefagging

man i wish i was so retarded that i could just get other people to do things for me

good taste, i just saw ryoji live in houston and it was insane
dust - laurel halo
arca - mutant

youtube.com/watch?v=7IIgeajJhdg
youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA
youtube.com/watch?v=zeOdqw7rbNc

bladee - eversince
i don't have any recs i just like ur taste:) lets b friends

Nice taste my dude. Check out white suns if you havent already

Still pretty new to exploring music, pls no bully

>people will start insulting your "inferior taste" (because you don't listen to a vacuum cleaner slowed down 500% for 40 minutes)

really makes you think

found this chart as i was looking through my download folder, it's fucking weird that the guy who made this has the exact same taste in music as me. i feel like a meme

earth 2
please listen to propaganda by sparks if you haven't already, thats my favourite. otherwise try steve reich - music for 18 musicians
aphex twin - selected ambient works volume 2

Thanks man I will, see a few things on your chart I'm gonna check out too

holy fucking yikes

why?

Sup nerds this is what Ive been listening to recently

Check out literally anything by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Shigeto - No Better Time Than Now

Listen to Half Cut by Bluetile Lounge

Nice chart. Try Songs of Forgiveness by Jefre Cantu Ledesma

Take Me To Your Leader - King Gheedorah

I've heard that Shigeto album, it's really solid. Goat is also one of my favorite albums of all time.

Probably a crypto nazi

Depressed

+Blade Runner Soundtrack

Pretty colors

Hahaha, Minecraft, nice meme

Damn. Then try Vapor Drawings by Mark Isham. He inspired OPN.

Probably a kneejerk to the Charles Manson

I really like your taste user you seem like a nice guy

pretty new here, don't have a lot to rec but takign suggestions!

I need new music please help

Grimes
Sky Ferreira

You definitely stole this from the Crosley-core thread

Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation

Animal Collective - Spirit They're Here, Spirit They've Vanished

Just Married - Glocca Morra

+City and Colour
Listen to Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Moanin'
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
I like your taste a lot
Aerial M - Aerial M
The Vernes - The Vernes
LSD and the Search for God - LSD and the Search for God

shit, caught yet again

Need some recs for the New Year

gazpacho

If you have entry-level and/or Sup Forumscore taste: don't ask for recs.
Instead, listen to albums you don't recognize from other people's charts (the less familiar you are with the chart, the better).
That's the best recommendation anyone can give you.

>tfw working on my FLAC collection
Collecting is nice, I'm already on my 400th FLAC album perfectly cataloged and I already have a hundred more to catalog and many more to download.

How do i into Brit Pop? I liked the first 3 Oasis albums

Suso Saiz - Prefiero El Naranja

Fishmans - King Master George
Yup - Toppatakkeja ja Toledon terästä

You seem to of got excited about music this year. Good for you
Lewis - L'Amour

Hiroyuki Namba - Hikousen No Ue No Synthesizer Hiki
P-Model - Big Body
きどりっこ - 常夏姫

Watches serial Killer documentaries

Nicholas Szczepanik - We Make Life Sad
Black Merlin - Hipnotik Tradisi

that's pretty Sup Forumscore bruh

kek

>b-b-baka! n-no it isn't! >:((((

A mostly average trio release, demonstrating competency, but little creativity or nuance
"Scenery" is the debut album, and one of the few recordings made by Japanese pianist Ryo Fukui. It's a simple piano trio setup with Fukui accompanied by bassist Satoshi Denpo and drummer Yoshinori Fukui.

It's obvious from the first track, "It Could Happen to You," that Fukui draws a lot of influence from Bill Evans. His style of left hand comping and bouncy swing feel seem directly influenced by Evans, however Fukui often lacks the chromatic, lyrical melodic drive and adroit phrasing that makes Evans' playing such a joy to listen to. Instead, Fukui tends toward short, diatonic phrases, that seldom move outside the natural phrasing of the tune. Denpo and Yoshinori Fukui swing along fairly well, though they also do little to encourage any interesting obfuscation of the form, giving the tune the feeling of a jam session. "I Want to Talk About You" is fairly similar but with a more relaxed, ballad approach.

The real high point of the album is Fukui's original "Early Summer" which finally deviates from the simple jam session approach and relaxed mood of the rest of the tracks. A funky modal vamp defines the melody and the beginning of Fukui's solo, though it gets quite a bit more interesting when the trio shifts into a double-time swing. Here Fukui finally shows some melodic creativity with long, chromatic phrases and some effective crossrhythms. He also takes advantage of the harmonic simplicity of the tune and seems to be channeling McCoy Tyner more than Evans, with some nice quartal playing that gets fairly harmonically adventurous at times.

The 'B' Side finds Fukui taking a bluesier approach, first on "Willow Weep for Me," then on another jam-session-y version of "Autumn Leaves." Fukui blueses up the tunes, but still often lacks any sense of nuance in phrasing or overall shape of his solos. There is one thing that Fukui does very well, which is the repeating hemiola, though he uses this technique so often that it becomes predictable and tiresome. Once again, the rhythm section does little to add any drama or interesting development to the tunes. Yoshinori in particular is at fault here, often ending each four or eight bar phrase with obvious and/or very basic fills. "Scenery" closes the album with another original composition. It's a simple progression that fits Fukui's style well, though the trio seems to struggle somewhat with the slow tempo and the rhythm section puts very little variation or imagination into their accompaniment of Fukui's solo.

Overall the album is very average, with Fukui demonstrating competency in jazz piano, but little in the way of personality or a developed style of his own. In many ways, Fukui sounds like a student, content to imitate Bill Evans or Red Garland, but without adding any new color to give the music character or fully understanding the more subtle aspects of these players' styles . The exception is "Early Summer" where Fukui proves he is at least capable of playing interesting music. It's a shame that the bulk of the album is dedicated to the less interesting and much more derivative approach.

New to Sup Forums go easy on me plz

first time chart poster... need new music

first time posting please be nice :)
nice memories in beach house. some of my fav city pop

What do you think Emma's coming album will be like?

dope af

nigger.