How shitty would it be to live in the 2001/2010 universe? Two fucking suns and endless daytime

How shitty would it be to live in the 2001/2010 universe? Two fucking suns and endless daytime.

Umm, I think you're talking about Pitch Black starring Vin Diesel

2001 is the ultimate universe. Space hotels and subservient waitresses exist so we know feminism is dead.

Two suns would suck for the first generation but most people born later would love it, no night time means massive power savings on heat and light, people can be productive around the clock so more jobs as night shift turns into second day shift and people can have outdoor recreation activities outside of work hours(so more fitness/activity/health). Solar power would be more reliable as well.
Also the world could move to a universal time zone with light around all day.

Some animals would be driven to extinction though.

there are places on earth where it's pretty much day for 20 hours straight so you don't have to imagine.

yeah, asshole ones. Fuck owls.

Actually, that would most likely mean the end of the world. You can't just remove a link in a chain like that and expect everything to go on as before. And there are plenty of links in nature that'd get fucked.

No you fucktard
Dino extinction wiped out 95% of all species

Huuurrrrrr. The world is doomed coz bees are dying huuurrrrr

No. The world will recover
We could let off every nuke we got and life will survive and continue in ways we could not imagine.

>Dino extinction wiped out 95% of all species
>Huuurrrrrr. The world is doomed coz bees are dying huuurrrrr
Don't delude yourself into thinking you know what you're talking about. You don't. That's the thing about the Internet, the overabundance of information makes people believe they actually have any understanding of all the knowledge they've absorbed little snippets of.
>No. The world will recover
>We could let off every nuke we got and life will survive and continue in ways we could not imagine.
I repeat, you're absolutely clueless.
I don't know why I even bothered to type that but anyway, owls are great. Fuck you.

How would the rest of the planets and Earth not be devastated by a second sun? The added gravity and heat would cause all sorts of catastrophe wouldn't it? Pulling planets into weird orbits and stuff.

He's right though. All sentient life may be killed but life can adapt. Just because you're butthurt that humans would die doesn't invalidate the tiny amoeba that would still be giving it a go.

ODF shill pls go.

Rodent detected. Say that to me out in the woods not in your little hidey-hole and see what happens.

There wouldn't be endless daylight. Not when the sun and the new sun were in the sky together at least

In this particular case there would be no added gravity because it's just Jupiter

That said if you could induce fusion in Jupiter's hydrogen supply it still wouldn't be THAT hot or bright because the thing is 1/80th of the size of the Sun and three times as far away from Earth. I doubt it would even be as bright as a full moon.

wouldn't the bigger sun just suck all the lava out of the smaller one and make one really big sun?

OK Dr. Malcolm.

I agree with the spirit of your post but I still spent about a half hour looking for a picture an owl shitlosting at his computer so I could accuse you of being one. Really thought I had one.

>it's just Jupiter
I thought the monoliths somehow increased Jupiter's mass enough to force it into a star. So I would assume that Lucifer would be much more massive than Jupiter was.

I don't think the exact mechanics of how the created Lucifer are ever explained. About the only extra details we get is that Jupiter's core was apparently a near planet sized diamond.

I see you also attended primary school.

What did he mean by this?

It would be pretty awesome to have confirmation of intelligent extraterrestrial life. The religious morons on the planet might hopefully give it up or commit suicide. *tips*

How do you "increase mass"

Alien technology Monolith magic that lets it copy itself like bacteria until finally giving Jupiter enough mass to ignite into a star.

I remember that the crew had observed Jupiter getting swarmed by monoliths.

>yfw aliens follow orthodox christianity

Earth survived the Permian extinction so worrying about life as a whole continuing is kinda dumb.

Worrying about HUMAN life continuing is a more important and real issue.

5 SCOOPS COME ON

When bacteria replicates it doesn't create new mass, that's why it needs a food source to reproduce in the first place

80 times Jupiter's mass (to achieve gravity pressure fusion) is a lot of frigging monoliths

this movie exists?

Maybe they're pretty heavy monoliths. We're talking about beings that can effectively transform themselves into light or some shit. The truth is, Clarke should have stopped with 2001.

>Huuurrrrrr. The world is doomed coz bees are dying huuurrrrr

Can someone post that screenshot with the fat fuck covered in honey?