Tfw NYC is becoming Hong Hong

>tfw NYC is becoming Hong Hong

Other urls found in this thread:

dezeen.com/2017/03/23/supertall-hanging-skyscraper-asteroid-clouds-architecture-office-concept-analemma-tower/?li_source=LI&li_medium=bottom_block_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol pencil dick skyscrapers for the billionaires. enjoy your ruined skyline.

what's with all those gay super tall needle dick towers

the german hivemind

It was already ruined

Little space available

of needle dicks... really makes the thought noodle bend

>let's stack one room apartments on top each other for like 50 floors
>AMERICAN ((((ARCHITECTURE))))

To be fair the shorter ones are also pretty ugly, they just don't stand out as much.

And Manhattan has always had little space available, but in the past it seemed like buying up large properties for construction projects wasn't as hard as it is today.

German architecture

wow it's beautiful

Is this a mosque in contemporary architecture?

I'll admit I'm a bit ashamed for western Germany, but at least I'm not western German.

The same as the Indus River valley civilization only taller?

wtf is this morrowind or something??

Alright, let's point out something else.

>Hong Hong

>New York will never look like this ever again
JUST

For a mosque that's actually really neat looking.

Or like this.

cool
boring

i think they weren't allowed to build straight up mosque tower things so they went with a spaceship

Needs more big towers to live in.

J U S T

I think they'll look better irl, they just look out of place and the colors look all wrong because its computer generated. I hope.

is this """""freedom"""" tower?

its pretty ugly m8, looks way too awkward and unproportioned.

absolutelyruined.jpeg

Am I the only one that love glass skyscrapers?

>is this """""freedom"""" tower?
no. that's already built.

It's called the (((Steinway))) tower

This is not the freedom tower. Away leaf

t. professional window washer

You'd think a city like NY has planning committee or something that prevents skyline chaos

Glass skyscrapers are alright, but all their design is put into the shape alone which makes them pretty boring. There's no texture or detail. It always ends up looking like a pile of shards or a glass dildo.

Meanwhile stone skyscrapers can play with materials and with details, and they also do a far better job at capturing the classical historic character of New York's architecture.

at least we have mosque

Lol probably (they) will need more space soon and ruin the central park

>New York will never look like this ever again

Honestly I think it's retarded to keep building limited to manhattan

They're building this in Brooklyn

Can't wait

Soon!

I think they've recently started constructing Brooklyn's first 1000+ft skyscraper, which is somewhere around 330 meters if I'm correct.

You can also see in the OP render that Newark seems to be getting some highrises as well.

This skyscraper looks pretty evil.

Welcome to City 17.

Why rich people like to live in NYC anyway? It doesn't seem to me a big pleasure living in an overcrowded, polluted city.

Jersey City you mean

Newark is more inland

Damn that's an ugly city.

You're right, I wasn't aware that there's another bay and port inbetween them.

Was Bin Laden trying to tell us something?

That really does look like Morrowind. I like it.

it's like some super villains HQ
I like it!

Is there a well planned city with plenty of skyrises?

Also, pic related Dubai just turned half of their fucking city into an island, that's neat.

I don't think you can plan ahead for every scenario with a city as large as New York. Some things you can't predict and just have to work out as they arise.

I'd like to visit Dubai sometime but I've heard the people who live in the Gulf States are a bunch of insufferable cunts. Is that true? Also what are the laws regarding drinking for the infidels?

NYC is a disgisting place, too much trash, too much homeless, bigoted college employees. Awful, awful megacity

Shenzhen and Songdo

I think it is being put out of proportions by self righteous redditors. Sure, Gulfies are snobs due to their wealth, but they are not as you'd say openly cuntish about it. There are cunts everywhere, and gulf isn't different. You should visit it is a very safe city, and you can drink there just fine, just don't act like a british chav on a spanish holiday and you'll be just fine.

Good point. On a side point, guflies plan to finish building pic related in just five years from now. Just how the fuck?! FREEDOMâ„¢ Tower took burgers a decade to build and they are building an entire city in five years tf!!

I saw a documentary about a smart city in Korea once, it looked pretty neat just can't remember its name

Lmao, that looks like shit.

Planned cities suck though

And that entire city will be deserted and fall apart in 20 years when the world has moved on from the oil boom, and the Arabians will turn into dirt-poor camel herders again because they've decided to build skyscrapers and islands instead of functioning public services and a diversified economy.

That sounds reasonable, thanks m8.

Dubai economy is like oil free by now. Five years ago it represented only 3% of their economy. Being of the rare few stable cities with good infrastructure means that lots of money and brains are going to flow into it from neighboring countries. It's like NYC of the middle east by now m8, it is too late for your oil evaporation dreams.

>

Although UAE has the most diversified economy in the GCC, the UAE's economy remains extremely reliant on oil. With the exception of Dubai, most of the UAE is dependent on oil revenues. Petroleum and natural gas continue to play a central role in the economy, especially in Abu Dhabi. More than 85% of the UAE's economy was based on the oil exports in 2009.
A city can't carry itself independently from the rest of the country. If the rest of the UAE collapses, so will Dubai.

>A city can't carry itself independently from the rest of the country.
It can, you see they are not cities, they are city states that agreed to have Abu Dhabi as their representative seat of government.

I think the problem with Dubai is that, until there is massive culture changes which happen, it will always be less attractive internationally than places like NYC, Singapore, London, Tokyo, etc. Like you said, it's the "NYC of the middle east", but so long as it's viewed as a zealous radical islamist state, it'll always be somewhat handicapped for attracting people from other 1st world countries.

Also, having a literal majority of your country made of pajeet slaves does not bode well for the future. The Southern US ende up learning that the hard way (though pajeets aren't nearly as bad as basketball americans).

Post worst skyscraper in your country
For me it's Mercury tower

It's funny how you keep making fun of New York while you praise fucking Dubai.

Definitely this huge hunk, which coincidentally is also Germany's tallest non-tower building.

I think many of the things they build are horrendous to say the least. I'm just impressed by the sheer size of development in a very small amount of time. NYC took couple of centuries to become what it is now. Dubai was sand dunes a few decades ago.

they're efficient and cheap so they get built all the time.

looks much better desu

>Not building commieblock mosque for maximum eficiency

Still better looking than Hawaii's state capitol.

dezeen.com/2017/03/23/supertall-hanging-skyscraper-asteroid-clouds-architecture-office-concept-analemma-tower/?li_source=LI&li_medium=bottom_block_1

soon .. ...........

wtf

The gulf is, from an airlines point of view, the perfect hub connecting Asia and Europe, it will stay prosperous as long as air travel continues to exist.

I don't like gulfies and I wish them all the worst things, but their geographic situation has undeniable advantages

wouldn't mind having a mosque around here if the architecture was this nice. The actual mosques around here are shitty rectangles with a concrete minaret.

Too brutalistic

This is top tier

Ping An Financer center
599m

I don't think anyone would praise Dubai for being a good looking city at all. But it is much more well planned than New York, that is a fact. If you read about 1980's New York, you would also find that the ugliness of that city was not limited with its strange looking buildings.

Not that bad

so which one is the empire state building and which one is the crysler building

fuck of, that's amazing

there's worse in jurmoney

give it 100 years

Hong Kong doesn't look like that silly smelly fat Yank

Nueva York Ciudad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hong Kong

Do t worry. It will come to Newark eventually.

looks like shit basically

>tfw NYC is becoming New Puerto Rico City

looks like from star wars desu

This is why the chinks are running circles around you Hans.

Why Europeans are living in shack villages, gooks are building massive skyscrapers and their economies are thriving while Europe is stagnant or going down the shitter. TOP KEK

How does it feel to live or work in a building like that?

I would be uncomfortable if I was that high or knowing that many people are above and below me tbqh.

But thats not true. Many countries had 4-5% growth in q1 this year (like us), only 2-3 countries had over 4% growth in asia.
There is a reason why swiss or austrians dont live in glass dildos too

they are being contained aka GENTRIFIED

also china was 7% this year so it's not like they're growth is extraordinary anymore

Whats with the comparison with dildos/penis (peni?) all over the place?

If you non-gulfies MEAN actually spent time doing something instead of stroking your hateboner you'd actually get hit done.

t. redditor parroting that line in from that shitty movie

Guangzhou has an amazing skyline.

New York is blessed to have Central Park. Whoever decided to have it was the one smart American.

H-hey wait up guys!!1