"Miss Sloane" bombs at box office

Why won't Americans watch progressive feminist movies?

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/12/11/weekend-box-office-office-christmas-party-sets-record-miss-sloane-bombs/#79df09161d05

jessica chastain is box office poison.

because its called Miss Sloane

I was making breakfast the other day and saw a commercial for this. It was like a bad parody.

This makes me as happy as a pig in shit

Its the liberal equivalent of "God's not Dead"

Because Hillary lost and this movie was obviously produced with a Clinton presidency in mind.

>linking forbes

What's wrong with Forbes? Also, damn it was made on a 13 million budget and STILL tanked

>tfw conservative supreme court soon

>tfw they declare the Gun Control Act of 1934 unconstitutional

The answer is a lot simpler.

It got lukewarm reviews on account of surface level storytelling and half-baked plot progression and only had an extremely limited release.

Funny how everyone rants about liberal Hollywood/MSM bias and sideburns unenthusiastic reviews for movies like this prove how most critics really just base their scores on whether they personally enjoyed something.

You know, like normal people who aren't ready to whine about political agendas at the drop of a hat.

Mouth feels uncomfortable when you say "Sloan"

MOMMY NO

I didn't even know that this movie existed until now.

It's another "guns are bad" liberal circle jerk flick.

Its okay, redmayne's other film is doing really well.

>Gun industry provides millions of Americans with jobs, supports tens of thousands of American small businesses and is overall a multi billion dollar a year industry

>gun control crowd thinks they can argue "muh gun deaths" and somehow put a damper on it

Hence limited release/advertising.

It was a method movie about maneuvering against one's opponents. The movie even makes a point of the fact that Sloane wasn't personally invested in the cause, she took out up as more of a challenge.

It's just Thank You For Smoking but with the situations slightly reversed and a more serious tone taken.

Stop being so sensitive.

>come lick mommy's boots

Nope. They could have picked any opponent to show that, but they chose the bad guys to be the big, bad gun lobby

>auntie
>aunty
which is it?

And guess who the bad guys were in Thank You For Smoking.

Anti-smoking activists.

Like you said, "they" can choose whatever topic "they" want so why can't "they" choose the gun lobby?

So what you really mean is "they" can choose whatever topic "they" want as long as "you" agree with it.

>only had an extremely limited release.

>EuropaCorp expanded the terrific Jessica Chastain vehicle Miss Sloane into 1,648 theaters over the weekend

>Chastain
>uber SJW feminist, was whining about Marvel not having a female superhero movie, tried to get Captain Marvel role but luckily got BTFO'd by Brie Larson

>BDH
>Actual mother, defended her use of high heels in Jurassic world
>THICC

seems to me it's clear who's the winner

They can choose whatever they want, but they shouldn't be surprised when people boycott the movie and it bombs hard.

Say it with me
MADAM PRESIDENT

Didn't BDH defend it at one point then complain about it a few weeks later in a different interview?

This.

The turbocunt complains that she wasn't paid as much as Matt Damon for The Martian despite him being a box office star for 20 years & the face of the movie and her barely being in the film, nobody knowing who the fuck she was 5 years ago or giving a fuck enough now to go see her in a movie that doesn't have something else going for it.

Except it didn't fail because people had a mass boycott. It's because no one even knew about it and it had a limited release.

This is literally the only board I even see talking about it.

I've never heard of this movie. Are they even marketing it?

This is what happens for calling Brando and Bertolucci rapists you fucking cunt piece of shit, karma is a bitch you whore

You answered your own question.

I think her complaints were more that it was a nightmare running around in them while shooting, not the weird feminist angle.

Literally the only reason I know it exists is that she's self promoting it on her Instagram.

>Why won't Americans watch progressive feminist movies?

NOBODY ACTUALLY LIKES GURLPOWER :^)

And why are you following her Instagram?

>not following mommy

It was all a lie. She's no mommy of mine no more. Terry, as a Trump-voting, gay-hating, gun-owning, antisemitic and racist Christian crusader from Texas, must be spinning in his grass when seeing how virtue-signalling and champagne-libcucked she's become recently. Her feigned outrage over the Bertolucci shit was the last drop for me.

Let's not forget that she's also like 45 and has no actual children. Her barren, rotten cunt is only good for Jewish producers and nigger bulls at this point.

What if the protagonist in MCU is considerably more hung than "daddy" even at an adolescent age.

use both and find out

EMANCIPATED

Im going to go live with auntie Bryce...

They should've called the movie Miss Take.

>death of mommy-kino

life is kill

turns out if you make an anti-gun movie with a female lead nobody wants to fucking watch it

JC dosen't hold a candle to BDH

>antisemitic
Hershlag has been in his two latest films

So, despite her wage gap bitching, she gets paid what she deserves.

I don't know why.

But it's the same reason they don't deserve equal pay.

Wasn't this chick whining about the pay gap?

Yeah, honey, there's a pay gap between actors that sell tickets and chicks like you that do not.

Not really

that office christmas party movie has been marketed everywhere i havent been able to get away from it. tinder, facebook, twitter EVERYWHERE.

Who?

I think she wanted Damon's pay for the Martian, despite him being the face of the film

will she get /fit/ before JW2 begins filming?

instagram.fbeg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t50.2886-16/15499601_584214788444731_864782929086119936_n.mp4

Why do Americans love the 2nd amendment so much?

Serious question, pls no bully

If you can't defend yourself you're not really even a man, let alone a free one. That's just the way I personally feel about it though.

because we can

"THING should be illegal" is like some kind of bizarre attack on the human psyche

Why do you need semi-automatic weapons to defend yourself?

>60M ON 2M

JESUS, NICE ROI

NOW JUST SCALE IT UP

>Miss Sloane will never pay you to satisfy her

because negroes travel in packs

>why do you have negroes
We imported them to pick cotton and forgot to get rid of them 200 years ago. Why are YOU importing them right now?

I agree

because the police won't protect you if you're poor/non-white

Political movies like this hardly ever do well at the box office.

>that fat arm
>those miserable tits
lmao

Gods Not Dead must be Freestyle's most successful release ever. Most of the movies they're paid to release instantly tank.

>EuropaCorp expanded the terrific Jessica Chastain vehicle Miss Sloane into 1,648 theaters over the weekend, with just tragic results.
>The $13 million thriller, about a ruthless lobbyist challenging the gun lobby, is the kind of thing that would have been a studio programmer back in the 1990’s and 2000’s.
>But in 2016, the twisty/intense political thriller it earned just $1.9 million in its first weekend of semi-wide release. That gives the picture a $2.038m domestic total.
>Unless Jessica Chastain ends up with a Golden Globe nomination and/or an Oscar nomination in a robustly crowded "Best Actress" field, this one is finished.
Anti-gun Jewlywood faggots blown the fuck out.

jessica chastain is going to make a very good skull someday

Because I don't trust my government. It's bad enough I can't buy a grenade launcher and I'm kind of memeing but not really. My instincts tell me the state is eventually going to try and enslave me. More than it already has I mean.

If they want to regulate an industry that kills a lot of people every single day because those people bad decisions why not regulate fast food?

>Create hyper-dramatized political action thriller
>Still not even remotely entertaining as Trump winning.

They could have succeeded in 2012, but 2016 is the ultimate political movie.

Pretty sure Samson could kill TWO thousand philistines with her jaw

because "limited freedoms" is an old world idea that belongs in eurocuckistanabad

He said no bully asshole.

>Expecting Libtards who support communism to PAY for media.

Wew, when win Execulets learn.

He's got a point

Check out the First Amendment vs the European Declaration of Human Rights

They don't, they just like to have them for the sake of it. That's what gun culture is. Like car culture. You don't need a speed machine to get around, and you don't need an antique to get around, but car nuts want them just because they don't have them.

Have you ever shot a gun? You would immediately know why. A good or even just ok shooting session is literally better than sex

>A good or even just ok shooting session is literally better than sex

Nah not really

It's fun but I certainly wouldn't go that far.

>Have you ever shot a gun?

Yeah it wasn't that great you dickhead.

No more interesting than fishing or driving a motorbike.

Yah really. Running through your woods popping random trees and ducking under and behind shit is pure childhood blissful fun

>need
You don't need a haircut; why do you get your hair cut user?

Nu male detected. Back to the shed

Now you're going too far in the other direction. It's better than either of these, especially fucking fishing.

>Running through your woods popping random trees and ducking under and behind shit is pure childhood blissful fun

You can do that with a cap gun or a video game. The real reason you like guns is the knowledge that you can instantly kill someone at any time if you so wished.

I did. It was too loud and the cartridge almost hit me in the face.

I never even heard of this movie before this thread is why.

>It's better than either of these, especially fucking fishing.

That's your opinion though. Your stupid, incorrect opinion.

Lots of Cletus ITT

That's not why. I don't need a gun to kill somebody if I want to. Almost nobody does. Most people in society are physically capable of killing somebody with every day shit if the impulse passed through their minds, that's not what it's about.

>I like to get drunk with the motion of the water under my ass
Nice hobby you got there.

>That's not why. I don't need a gun to kill somebody if I want to.

You do if you want to do it quickly, effortlessly and cleanly and like the way you saw it in the movies.

>that's not what it's about.

It is. It's about power. POWAH

But I implied fishing was uninteresting. Try again without the butthurt clouding your brain

>You do if you want to do it quickly, effortlessly and cleanly and like the way you saw it in the movies.
Why would I give a shit about any of that? Besides, it's not that much easier than running someone down or even stabbing the fuck out of them.
>It is. It's about power. POWAH
Yes, that is what it's about, but power and murder are not the same thing.

>cleanly
So you have no idea what you're talking about.
>quickly, effortlessly
A knife meets those requirements and it's only slightly more messy than shooting someone.

>It is. It's about power. POWAH
>libshit who doesn't own guns thinks he knows what guns are about.
Are you by chance jewish?

Please learn how to express a thought.

Hahahha yes shooting a cap gun is THE EXACT SAME! YOU NAILED IT BUDDY!

in all seriousness, it's because this country is still very young and we were born of blood- the very fact that we used our own personal firearms against what we considered an oppressive and tyrannical government is why the USA is even a country right now. The guys who founded this place wanted to ensure that no government should ever get too powerful- and if they tried, the populace would grab their weapons and fight back. The 2nd amendment is arguably what stands ready to defend all other amendments should the government or other outside forces threaten them. It also solidifies the right to defend oneself against others who would wish to do them harm- whether that's the govt or some crackhead trying to break into your house and murder you.

>dur good luck fighting the army with ur ar-15 bubba

Mountain men in afghanistan have been giving modern armies absolute hell for decades with outdated, archaic shit. Fuck off with that retarded argument.

Fast food is already heavily regulated, as is almost everything related to food. The problem is that you can't put a limit on how much shit a person can stuff into their mouth every day. It's the same with alcohol. yes you can places taxes and laws banning drinking and driivig, but you can't really stop people from just chugging a quart of vodka every day if they feel like it.

poor marketing. from what i saw on a trailer i half paid attention to during Sunday Night Football, Miss Sloane is about politics or involves politics in some way. political films underperform nearly fucking always. in America, we're also burned out on politics after the elections. Chastain also isn't much of a box office draw. i'll probably watch the film when it hits Netflix or wherever it's streaming. it looks more like a watch at home film than a go to the movies flick. so when you say, Americans won't watch a progressive feminist movie, well, that's not really the case. i'd say most of us didn't even know what the movie is about.