Now honestly, this guy was not at all bad in this overall horrible film...

Now honestly, this guy was not at all bad in this overall horrible film. Can we all come to a consensus that his acting was a positive addition for the TFA value?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6UcUIJSdkmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he was hampered by a shitty script but still not that great. and he's an ugly fuck.

fuck off commie

oh yeah, he is hideous, though it's not bad sometimes for an actor, as long as he's memorable

He isn't a bad actor, but his character felt forced into the script and out of place

then again you could say that about everything in TFA

Doesn't make up for the protagonist being as expressive a plank of wood though

he would've been great if his character hadn't sucked

yeah, but I was talking about Boyega participation in isolation to other mishaps of TFA

him and rey are both ugly. I am sick of bongish infiltrators wrecking hollywood with their 4/10 looks.

>pre TFA
>was rooting for Rey to be Jedi
>Black dude was probably going to be annoying as fuck

>post TFA
>Rey was annoying as fuck
>Kind of wish black dude was the jedi now

the compressor bypasser was a rape of the film with no redeeming features

>that fuckng "poe and finn were fine" meme

shoehorned trailer jumpscare black who was here just for the quips and kills his old friends just after he was shown not wanting to kill anymore (like RLM said, a black who refuses to shoot, that's really scifi!).

There's absolutly nothing to save from that trainwreck.

exactly, same here - a smart move by director maybe?

he was the one guy I liked in the movie
Rey felt like a robot
Poe is on screen for like 5 minutes
At least the Boyega had a clear motivation and goal

>acting urban nigger in a space opera
>a positive addition

but what about his performance? apart from the script being a shitfest

but that was natural, wasn't it? imagine this being some kind of simple bloke from coruscant slums veneer

Poe was okay, but I didn't like how his scenes with the x-wing went. Obviously not an actor problem, but what the fuck is even the point of flying with a squadron if he just swoops in and levels a small army.

His performance was "urban". Why would they put an "urban" performance in a space opera?

>acting as a urban nigger is natural in a space opera

Just stop. Stop.

Get used to it, we ain't going away any time soon. You guys must be severely butt wrecked at this point, basically every American TV show and film I watch now has Brit's or Aussies in your main roles, often doing your fucking accents hahahahah.

Steve Buscemi is ugly but in a charming/interesting way.
Boyega is just a racist caricature of a negro made flesh.

he was good when jj wasn't telling him to go faster and more intense. when he tries to rush around to heighten the intensity, it doesn't work.

His acting wasn't good but he had hardly any presence in the film so it didn't matter

He was. But Rey was a lot worse, she outniggered him

You could remove his character and it would have little impact on the movie

his performance was solid and his character was too, although it felt a little off in certain scenes. not his fault though.

id easily agree that he was one of the better things in an otherwise bad flick. and im kinda racist t b h.

His character was fucking awful. He wasn't anywhere near as bad as Daisy in terms of acting but that doesn't make him a "positive addition."

lol

He was great, especially when compared to Rey.

Which isn't saying much because apparently having faults and showing emotions is akin to being weak and we can't have a vulnerable woman onscreen in 2016.

Sanitation Trooper was a third wheel only there for diversity purposes at the behest of Abrams.

True. Why couldn't they hire actors with superior American physiognomies.

He was probably the only likeable character in that whole film. Just a pity his story was rushed to fuck so his motivations just felt forced rather than really developed.

>True. Why couldn't they hire actors with superior American physiognomies.

Poe is the only ""normal"" looking actor. Everybody else looks like a fucking mutant.

I dont understand the casting. Like who the fuck thought that guy looks like harrison ford kid?.
Theres no way that guy didnt get the role unless he was well connected

You are a disgrace jew jew abrahams.

My head canon is that he is the son of Leia and Nieb Nunb. She got SULLUSTANED after the events in Ep VI. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

hes actually leia and hutt.

If he is Jabba's son, why does he have big ass ears?
See, like two drops of water.

you make a strong case.

i always assumed his features were just melting into a blob due to hutt dna.

Nien Numb is an asshole and probably gay, too.

He did the best he could for a completely retarded movie. His character was likeable and only basement-dwelling Sup Forumstards hate him.

I thought he was great, from the character concept his implementation.

In fact, take out Starkiller base being literally the death star and Rey being such a fucking Mary Sue and this movie is fantastic.

I may or may not be working on an edit to do this

BB-8 and Jewie was best parts of TFA - best acting, best motivation, best everything.

His acting was fine, his character was not

His acting was fine but his character didnt make any sense.

>indoctrinated child soldier.
>no moral or social problems aside from being naive.
>only quality about him is that hes a coward and the rest of the film hes comedic relief
>cares nothing about othe child soldiers and struggles with no inner conflict about the ideals that should be instilled into his brain.
>space janitor xd

Its like they had a character concept and couldnt figure out what to do with it.

would have been cool if Finn hated violence and didn't want to hurt anyone
until the end where he sees Rey being REKT by Kylo and he jumps in with a blaster to fight him giving them a chance to escape.

Basically like the end of Die Hard where Carl Winslow finally gets the courage to shoot a person and save his friend Bruce Willis

why did they "kill" Poe off so early

i could see if the plot was "Finn pretends to be Poe through the film" . (in that he tells everyone he is Poe and a rebellion fighter ace). He had do individuality before as he was a faceless storm trooper and probably thought Poe was a cool dude and wanted to be him

Until he gets to the base and everyone is like "This isn't poe" and figure out he's a Space Nazi and are going to put him in a firing line because they think he's a spy.

Then Ray and/or Poe(who was alive) come forward to save him.

OR

Poe and Finn are Lethal Weapon in space where Poe is a devil may care crazy Mel Gibson type and Finn just wants a peaceful life away from all the violence (he's getting "too old for this shit")

Boyega brought nothing to the movie. He could've been replaced by anyone and the movie would've been the same (or better). No charisma, no gravitas, no comedic talent. I honestly don't know what you faggots see in him.

I think finn is my favorite character desu, I really hope he becomes a jedi in the next film.

this desu
>mfw I started almost all of the nigger/finn butthurt threads

He was okay, but he looked good because everyone else sucked.
Probably the only one that actually gave a fuck about his performance though.

It made me sad that the only new character with any motivation on the hero side got turned into irrelevant comic relief by the end.

he acted like he was unaware of anything going around him much like the other characters even in the face of danger u can see they are just so happy with their paychecks they forgot how to act
Also Why does a white supremicist organization hire niggers?

The biggest gripe with him is that he isn't at all conflicted with the fact that he's murdering his former comrades who he grew up with. I would take less offense to that if they just said he was a butt fuck conscript who never cared about the First Order instead of someone who was trained from youth to be a loyal soldier

because Oscar Isaac whined about having died in a lot of films recently.

I agree with this

That's why JJ chose him. He could have picked any nig, he picked the ugliest of them all to make white men feel uncomfortable :^)

He felt like a studio audience insert who's supposed to holler and cheer every time anything happens.

also, they start the movie with him freaking out over the death of one (1) soldier.

And then there is the stupidity of some trying to go AWOL and decides to do it by escaping with a high profile prisoner instead of planing or at least waiting until he gets an opportunity to slip out.

in a retrospect he was least worsts nu-character

I found him god awful

He didn't react believably to anything

He was constantly joking, nothing was serious

It was terrible writing

How the FUCK did he make it to adulthood in the First Order? The organisation that took him as a baby specifically to train him as a killer.

youtu.be/6UcUIJSdkmw

The first thing they'd do once he was old enough is make sure he had the aptitude.

He was perfect.

Great back story (former stormtrooper), is a coward, saves Poe just to escape himself, not because he thinks its the right thing to do...

AND THE MARY SUE BECOMES THE JEDI ROFL NICE TRY THOUGH.

His acting is also miles better than that British cunt's.