How can anyone take Vader seriously with these goofy-ass proportions?

How can anyone take Vader seriously with these goofy-ass proportions?

Space Balls made fun of them and they still did absolutely nothing to fix them when they got the chance, while they extensively shat on lots of other things by retconning them. Fucking kids cartoon Rebels got them better than any of the movies, since they based them on McQuarrie's art.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader's_armor
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty sure he was taken seriously because he had a fetish for choking people out that didn't.

Rogue One one looks like halloween costume

EP4 looks pretty good
make his head a tiny bit smaller and he's a fine Doctor Doom ripoff

The original trilogy is the heartwarming tale of a man who figures out how to polish his suit properly

The helmet hadn't been coated in wudu hide at that point in the timeline

Why don't they just throw EMP grenades to disable his suit?
Why don't the Jedi he faces not shut off his suit with their force powers?

Ep IV is best

He'd force them away
He'd just use the force to stop it

The Ep IV suit looks a bit tacky and imperfect on screen, and VI is shiny as fuck. III or V wins my vote

6 > 3 > Rebels > V > IV > RO

What if the impulse has a radius of like 100 meters? Can he force electromagnetic waves away?

The reason why High Anxiety is a better comedy than Spaceballs is because Brooks had respect for Hitchcock's films. Spaceballs falls flat precisely because it's Mel going "look at this, isn't it stupid? heh, I am so clever".

He projects a "force" field around himself!

Dude they spend half their time on spaceships, a 100m wide emp would fuck everybody up. And it would stop their lightsabers and blasters and droids from working, plus as we see in VI he can survive a little without the suit so he'd just fuck them up with the force in the meantime and Palpy would probably save him again

I really hate to say it but the suits follow the overall quality of the films they're featured in.
Episode 4 is a design mess but damn does it look cool.
Episode 5 it's a cleaned-up version that in the small feature changes in the mask somehow shows more empathy and human presence following the character development.
6 looks like over designed garbage.
3 looks like someone just made it from memory and it came out okay and Rogue One looks like a pointless throwback that nobody asked for.
Rebels looks like a rip-off of the Japanese poster which is appropriate for a cartoon that tries too hard.

What are the buttons on his chest for?

Life support settings and other EU autism wellsprings

WHY, I'M GLAD YOU ASKED !!
youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo

good post

I just saw this thread and was about to comment asking what would happen if during a fight someone punched one of those buttons.

Does he operate them himself? Does Palpatine press them for him?

That's where he keeps his spare candy.

Are you telling me that Vader changed some of his costume while boarding the ship at the start of Episode 4?

>Vader fixing his costume with Matt Smith face
"LISTEN HERE YOU REBEL SHIT!"

>Just Paint Strip My Suit Up!

Is the blue square missing here implying he was hungry and ate some of his candy?

They all look the same who cares

>They all look the same

>What are the buttons on his chest for?
FUTURISTIC ELECTRONICAL TECHNOLOGY THINGS!!!1!!!

With Vader they should have done a costume overhaul, in the early 80's that shit could pass but now it looks simply ridiculous.

>they should have done a costume overhaul
>change the costume of the single most iconic villain in movie history

I have to agree with this user, I do think Episode 3s suit is the best since they brought the neck in but overall you don't want to change too much since like he said, most recognizable character ever.

they already "overhauled" darth vader.

his name is darth maul and he lacked the thing protecting his chest vader has.

What's up with the chain around his neck?

Reminds me of Jared Leto's Joker's jewelry

An overhaul is not a complete change of the costume, he would still have the same overall apparence but less "80's robot" with the dumb big red-green "YAY TECHNOLOGY" buttons and such.

Without an overhaul on his costume, Batman would have been around in tights in the Nolan trilogy, sometimes it's for the better.

to protect his bone marrow

It holds the cape.

>It holds the cape.
nope look here

They all look the FUCKING SAME JESUS CHRIST

oh wait maybe you are right

Rebels Vader is the best. It's the only one that is intimidating.
The best live action Vader is V.

An overhaul is a change. You wouldn't call it an overhaul otherwise. It would be rejected immediately no matter how rational the changes would be.

nobody's wearing it in the first pic you retard.

It's part of the cape, it helps to tighten or loosen it.
Typical renaissance capes had a string around the neck like that too.

Vader had a sick mustache

>literal autism

High Anxiety is Brooks worst film though. Didn't laugh once.

The ANH version was a lot tighter and more obvious what it was

Operate the mechanism that removes any sand from the suit.

Remember in Toy Story when Woody opens Buzz's helmet and he starts freaking out thinking he'll suffocate?

The buttons are there so Sheev can do that.

We can shield against EMPs today.

To be honest? Probably for emergency use. Press a certain combination (like on most industrial equipment without a visual panel) and you get access to it, via auditory cues/buttons lighting up.

From there, he or someone authorised (wouldn't be surprised if the Stormtrooper captain, or whoever else makes up his bodyguard, has a quick how-to in case the suit malfunctions) can bypass any sensors/force values like heart rate/breathing.

The panel is there for easy access, implying it doesn't matter if it's damaged or not, implying further that Vader might relatively frequently experience suit malfunctions that require assistance. This would go in line with Palpatine's philosophy of handicapping Vader on purpose so that he can't rise up and kill his master just as easily, in accordance with the Rule of Two (Palpatine wanted to maintain the Rule of One). Rarely do we see Vader alone, except in his life support chamber, either.

tl;dr the panel is there to keep Vader alive in an emergency, and a smarter system wouldn't suit Palpatine.

>Device keeps beeping for no reason

>the best is a fucking cartoon

All this autism and speculation when nobody has linked the Wookiepedia article
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader's_armor

not canon :^)

Peepee and poopoo buttons he has a robocolostomy

>legends
thats because its in the trash where it belongs.

Every time Palpatine enters the room Vader must press a button to pay respect

Barely says anything about the chest panel except that it's vital, which is bullshit, because if it was vital it wouldn't be placed there.

So glad Disney trashed EU.

My reasoning makes much more sense. Also it helps that I'm an engineer with actual industrial experience.

Turns on his erection like a lightsaber.
It even makes the noise.

In one EU story I read an excerpt from, Vader staged fights with several force-sensitive people at once, where he basically just fucking slaughtered them unless they somehow managed to impress him in some way. I think he was looking for an apprentice or something.

Last guy at the end of one of those is getting force choked, but he decides to mash the buttons on Vader's chest, which shuts off his air supply. Apparently nobody else has had the balls to do that, so he decides to train the guy.

But that's all thrown in the bin now.

When I was a kid playing with my Darth Vader action figure in the bathtub I totally asked myself all these questions. Then Darth did a tripple gainor half flip from the faucet into the water and Princess Leia unironically smooched him for a long time (10 years before Space Balls did it).

The 70's were good. Carrie Fischer was still cute, Star Wars didn't suck, and none of you neckbeards were born yet.

>rebels being more true to the Ralph Mcquarrie drawing
was it kino?

I bet it burns them up they can't change vaders suit

they all do