Stranger Things

I give it a 9/10 post your opinion
No pedos allowed in this thread

I'll second the 9/10

8.5/10
Lots of potential, hope they don't mess up season 2 and then never recover.

9/100 reddit crap

6.5/10
Ran out of steam
Ending sucked
CGI sucked
Meme nostalgia shit
Not entertaining enough to rewatch

absolute shit

shit story
shit characters
shit writing
shit acting
shit everything

aaaaand here come the contrarians

overrated, just OK, nothing groundbreaking, very redditish in its 80s revival

Is this shit worth watching?

Going to watch the last episode today, but unless anything changes 8/10. Pretty good production values.

Biggest complaint is what just happened in episode 7. The bad guys are right outside the bus, yet here comes Hopper storming the bus and knocking some guy out? Where did the other guys go?

what a fucking shit poster. the three lights pointing to the same side in the same angle is literally the mark of pleb composition.

I just didn't like it that much. What's so great about it other than the 80's style?

He knocked them all out. They should've just had one guy investigating that gets caught unaware. Hooper taking out three guys with guns wasn't believable.

If you're not a cuck, yes

but this is the most cucked board, soooo

4.5/10

Pretty good performances, okay story despite cliches, Bathes in nostalgia but does nothing transcendental with it. Overall unremarkable and inconsequential (literally only 1 character had an arc).

5.5/10

I hate the 80's, outside of the era it's set in and the title music, there's very little 80's nostalgia.

It's just a great model for television, strong set ups, mysteries, cliffhangers and I was even satisfied with the ending.

Also, the acting was genuinely good almost all around.

THIS

3/10

I'd explain but it's really not worth my time.

Really ? I thought it was a cuck/normie show so that's why I've been ignoring it

Yeah man, little girls with psychic powers spying on soviets and kids looking for their missing friend in another dimension while his mom is losing her mind and brother is cucking the popular kid is super fucking cliche

this, the story wasn't cliche at all.

reddit/10

It definitely got popular with normies, no avoiding that.

What about Westworld senpai? That one is popular with normies too but is it worth watching really?

I agree with you but basically it's a bunch of Stephen King tropes rolled into one thing
One of my favorite things about it was how it subverted the common tropes that characters like Hopper and Steve usually fall into

Season 1 is really kind of sloppy, it's not amazing, but if they polish it, it could turn out pretty could.

This is the thing with you fucking Sup Forums people. You just don't appreciate good storytelling anymore. It has to be huge fucking GoT/Westworld style multiple character arc endless cliffhanger bullshit or you're not interested.

A good little story that's told fully in a single season comes along, and all anyone can say is "Oh i hope they don't fuck up season 2". This is how TV was before every show started taking the massive "who's gonna die next" copout in place of a plot. You told a story, and the story ended. You didn't have to include a million different thread and encourage fan theories and other stupid shite. In the face of all this, with plotless capeshit flying around all over the place, what does Sup Forums say to a well-told, original story?

"eh 6/100 reddit". Why is it so hard for you to like things? Are you really that jaded? There's a few flaws (Barb, CGI stuff), but what thing doesn't have flaws? At any rate those flaws are dwarfed by how engrossing the story is.

Or better still "80s revival is dead bad nostalgia shit". Can people not set things in the past anymore? To evoke a certain era of filmmaking? Is that not fucking allowed anymore? Do you not know the difference between nostalgia and setting? Do you not know that things can be set in different times? And that that's not necessarily bad, if it's done tastefully (which it was)?

Fucking retards mate.

I haven't seen it but I get the impression it's weird normie sci-fi that in reality isn't that weird or interesting.

Alright senpai thanks I'll see one or two episodes

Westworld is dope, but I was massively underwhelmed by the ending.

I have no interest in Season 2.

log off

Season 1 of both Stranger Things and Westworld are really good, just watch them you faggot, you won't find anything better.

Westworld is complete and utter shit. Don't fall for the "ok" first episode.

good post

It's better than Rome, Game of Thrones, Fargo and Deadwood
also this

Psychic kid experiment is a huge cliche. That teenager love triangle plot was overdone aside from the subversion at the end but it doesn't make up for its overall shallowness. And I don't know how little media you have to consume in life to be surprised by the presence an alternate dimension in the story.

No it isn't.

It's shit.

Your opinion is shit.

Story wasn't cliched.
Uses nostalgia pretty intelligently to set up the rules for the world. It would be too much of a stretch to believe certain parts of the story if it wasn't for the films that the "nostalgic" elements of the show are nudging towards.

You believe that a few kids cycling around on bikes can have a big impact on things and people will take them seriously because the show references E.T.

>literally only 1 character had an arc
what?

I agree

That's why I haven't watched it yet. I really hate normie sci-fi.
Alright fellas I'll see you a couple of episodes

People say it's reddit because of the ridiculously gimmicky 80's shit. Its kind of incredible how strongly some of you feel about such an inconsequential, time killer of a show. It's just popcorn, who cares? Just a dumb fucking show.

For the record GoT is just as bad as TWD now.

Most people seem to agree with me if you look at the reviews and ratings. The only reason you don't like Westworld is because it is popular and normies watch it.

Use spoiler right you twat

The show peaked in the second episode, and fell apart around 5th when the Maeve storyline was introduced.

>not loving the show purely for Ford
fuck off

>The only reason you don't like Westworld is because it is popular and normies watch it.

Nice projection faggot. I don't like it because it's shit. I could explain further but I just don't care enough to. It's a terrible stupid show and should be cancelled.

funny how reviews and ratings suddenly matter around here when they're positive about something you like

Logan

They are often pretty accurate desu.
Logan, William, Ford and MiB. They were all fun to watcha

I watched the whole series and had to google who the fuck Logan was.

He was a worthless character.

Ford, Bernard, and the Man in Black were the only characters I really gave a shit about.

Go be mad somewhere else bitch

Completely agree, the ending was shit and forced

I also didn't care for the Maeve arc that became so prominent, it had all of the elements that have me so skeptical about Season 2.

Loved it, kinda worried about S2 though, felt like the story naturally ended where it needed to

Yeah, it should have been a 1 season show. Everything was resolved that needed to be. There's nothing much more to add except a bigger conspiracy that will rehash the same shit.

It would be 10/10 if the CGI in the latter episodes was a bit tightened up, but amazing nonetheless.

I only hope they leave Eleven alone, she got her dramatic sacrifice ending in S1 but if they try to pull anything similar with her again in the future I won't like it, let her be happy.

Most common theory is that she's stuck in the other dimension with the monster. She is still alive and will come back next season. Last season's finale even showed Hopper leaving her eggos. How could you miss this?

>Hopper leaving her Eggo™ brand waffles
this shit is so gay

9/10 for me. I hope they don't go full true detective and ruin its name with a second season that nobody needs and is obviously forced.
Reading this thread is both funny and sad how people can't genuinely enjoy things and bring up le reddit boogeyman just for the sake of being contrarian. I'm sure these people can write a better script and being better directors, am i right?

I meant as in ending another season with her in peril or something, or having her die at the end of the series.

10/10, Hopper story arc was brilliant and I loved everything about it

Yep Hopper was great, had some funny moments too

Show full of 80s movies cliches, with nothing really new or groundbreaking going on if you read/watch the things that inspired the show. And still they don't pretend it's something else, that's what I love about it. It's a nostalgia trip from my childhood and yet it manages to make things new and interesting. Seriously one of my favorite shows in years.

8/10 it was breddy gud

Show wasn't good to begin with.

It's for depressed middle-aged stay-at-home moms that are seeking a form of escapism which suits their sparse off hours from a part-time job which is required for them to keep them and their children afloat in their middle-class neighborhood.

Slow to get started and ended very poorly, middle was pretty creamy though
I just hate how hop and the mom had the best story but had a shit ending
>walk into belly of the beast
>walking
>walking
>walking
>looking around
>walking
>find Will
>leave

Talk about a fucking anticlimax

Fake 80's movies like this are reddit as fuck

I'd give it a 10/10 solely because of Finn Wolfhard

The 80s was objectively the best decade to live in (90s come close but it was kind of similar).

For all the praise the 50s get, it was still really long ago and technology was kind of shit. The 80s instead had fun games, enough for a comfortable lifestyle and you could live in white suburban paradises far away from any niggers, diversity or social justice. Reagan was amazing in the regard how he safeguarded the white suburbia.

Just imagine that boipussi

this