Name a better actress who played Joan of Arc. Protip: you can't

Name a better actress who played Joan of Arc. Protip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hsklsxReSe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mila Jovovich.

Common misconception is that she was called Joan of Arc but in reality her name was Joan Navark

Joan spelled her name as Johanne.

So what, the dude known as Christ was really known as "Jesus the Nazarene", and Bon Iver is really just one guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=hsklsxReSe0

>For Falconetti, the performance was an ordeal. Legends from the set tell of Dreyer forcing her to kneel painfully on stone and then wipe all expression from her face – so that the viewer would read suppressed or inner pain.

What the fuck? Why was this allowed?

fuck off with that "b-but it's for art!" I've heard enough of that with shit with people defending Last Tango in Paris.

because it's disgusting to settle for less. I bet you don't mind watching scenes where they are eating soup with empty spoons.

Checkmate, theists.

Johanne was her nickname from when she lived in a small farming village.

Jeanne

Actors know what they're getting in to when they sign up with the director.

Name a qter Joan of Arc

[Spoiler]kidding, Bresson's actors are all shit probably because they weren't actors[/spoiler]

Dreyer's Joan of Arc wasn't a real actor either.

She was in a Paris club, Dreyer hired her, make the movie and went back to the club because Dreyer treated her like shit and she couldn't handle movie business because of it.

Based Dreyer.

Yeah that's because Dreyer forced emotion into her, which was the exact opposite of Bresson's acting philosophy

MILLA JOVOVICH'S INTERPRETATION OF JEAN D'ARC HAS BEEN THE BEST ONE IN CINEMA YET.

> For several decades it was released and viewed in various re-edited versions that had attempted to restore Dreyer's final cut. In 1981 a film print of Dreyer's final cut of the film was finally discovered in a mental institution in Oslo, Norway and re-released

How the hell do complete versions of classic silent films wind up in the strangest of places?

Private establishments/rich people would order some copies for their personal use and forget to get rid of them like most theaters would, so they would stay put for ages.

Jehanne

And Bresson's film is the best.

Your taste fits your typing style perfectly.

How's that?

How isn't it?

is this true?

I asked how it is, I didn't say that it isn't (I don't even know what you mean).

You're a dummy.

I can't wait for the inevitable strong woman remake with Emma Watson

It's just Bresson's direction. He'd give his actors very strict directions and do hundreds of takes in order to suck all naturalism out of them.

No. Jeanne D'arc means Joan from the town of Arc.

>It's a lost silent film turns up in an Argentinian mine episode

Awesooooome.

What the fuck, now I feel horrible for burning her now.

World peace is none of your business.