Be me, talking to anyone

>Be me, talking to anyone
>"You're from New York? Why don't you have an accent?"
>h-ha ha, yeah, i'm so happy that I didn't pick up any unique regional patterns in my speech from where I spent my childhood and instead sound like generic American # 49589398.

Do you have a notable regional accent in your cunt or do you speak the standardized dialect? Would you change your dialect if you had the choice?

m'fadda's fwom da bwonx so i gedda liddle bidduvan aksen when I'm drun.

You're not from the Bronx though?

>never speak galician
>no one in my family speaks galician
>have thick galician accent that i cant get rid ofd
Prolly the least liked accent in Spain, fugg

lol how'd that happen?

>That feel when locals ask me if I'm from France

Holy fuck, just because I don't speak in slang when I'm at work because I don't think it's right, fucking retards.

No, I grew up in the west so no regional accent.

>

I speak Tyrolean, probably one of the most iconic dialects within Austria.
Wouldn't wanna change it

Just a few, we got some german leftovers in our language where I live, I often use "t" instead of "d" when I speak.

Not sure why but I've always had hatred for New Yorkers.
They come across as whiny intolerable cunts.

Generic Australian seems to be Victoria/New South Wales. Queensland and South Australia are maybe a little bit different. I imagine all foreigners would not notice any difference

>tfw I lost my Mass accent as a kid on purpose because kids thought it was funny at school when we moved to Florida
To be fair I still have most of it as far as speech patterns, different words (IE rotary instead of traffic circle or whatever), just not the R drop as much. There are still some words that trip me up, anything with 3 syllables that ends in an R can make me slip.

I often don't pronounce the G at the end of words that end with it (particularly -ing words like helping, moving, sitting, etc.)
I don't know why, I live in Arizona and the accent here is pretty generic, if there even is one
I must've picked it from a tv show or something, or maybe it's just because I talk kinda fast
As a kid I noticed a lot of people didn't pronounce it either, or barely pronounced it, but nowadays I don't really even pay attention

I speak standard German because German dialects are reversed for plebs and bydlo. If you can't speak standard German, you're clinically retarded in my book.

I also know the Berlin dialect thanks to my mother but I generally don't speak it unless I'm talking to a fellow Berlinfag who also knows Berlinerisch. Rarely happens since I no longer live in Berlin.
It's an awful dialect and I don't want to expose people to it.

?? that's like saying i dont pronounce the h in sh

His dad was cucked by a galician.

Queensland has the same general east coast accent. It's Western Australia and South Australia that have the different ones, but you are right in that no one outside of the country would be able to pick it.

that's how accents go mate
most people don't pronounce the g here either.

>Western Australian accent
and what's that like? I can't really think of any sandgropers I hear speak beyond Julie Bishop and nothing sticks out about her accent

>standardized speech
this meme needs to end. You're not "losing your accent", you're just adopting some bland dopey midwestern one because they use it on TV. It's amazing how people will just let themselves get jewed out of their identity.

Mostly its a slight difference in the way certain words are said. For instance they'll say derby as it's written instead of "darby" like the way its supposed to be said. The big difference is the way -ear/ere/eer is pronounced. They'll say it as if it has two syllables, so something like beer becomes be-yah

mfw I sorta talk in a valley accent :(

>South Australian living in Victoria
>everyone thinks I'm English

fucking convicts stop being little shits

Nobody in Croatia speaks in standard language. Except people in centre of Zagreb, upper class, who just force it to show off.
I speak in Dalmatian accent, it's annoying if you live in Zagreb, because everyone thinks you're forcing it, and you're just speaking as you're speaking at home.

kike

I've got a very strong Korean regional accent called kyungsang-do dialect. It's practically the only dialect left in the Korean language since most of the people avoid speaking with a regional dialect and prefer to speak in the standard Korean.

>From North East England
>Parents were Scottish
>Sound like neither

I'm just a sort of generic English with some more Scottish styles of pronunciation. I've had people think I'm Irish despite never having been there.

On the plus side, it's helped me to not get viewed as dumb northern scum. So that's good at least.

i have the norteƱo accent, one of the best ones a mexican could have, while other people are said to sound like fags, singing or simply disgusting, people say that we always sound angry and scream at each other, which, in my book, is way better