Have you some ancestors or relatives who fought on wars?

Have you some ancestors or relatives who fought on wars?
My great-granddad was belgian and did the WW1.
he survived but suffered for the rest of his life of PTSD, he did a lot of panic attack nightmares crying and yelling, and finally died of dementia being old.

The most interesting one didn't fight but was a part of it. My great uncle was on the Nazi payroll working at the radio station, true story. He eventually got caught by the soviets at the end of the war and died in some Siberian concentration camp.

Great grandfather's brother fought on the Waffen-SS. Some other in the Werhmacht. Others from my family fought against the nazis interestingly enough (they were French). From my Salvadoran side pretty much everyone was involved one way or another in the Salvadoran civil war. Very interesting family history I'd say too bad I wasn't really that interested in the world wars when my grandfathers were still alive so I never asked them about the histories their fathers used to tell them.

my grandfather was in algeria
he said not much happened at all, the way he talks about it it was just like tourism for him

Paternal granddaddy was a pilot of the Luftwaffe. He was shot down over France but survived the crash and apparently the Yanks stitched him back together on some hospital boat. Though, he lost his left lung.

He probably shot some Arab on a beach.

I hate that book.

Fue rico que un aleman cogiera a tu puta madre?

Half German half French dad to be precise

let's see

>direct ancestors fought the japs in guerilla warfare in ww2
>unknown great grandparents fought the french and btfo'd them afterwards
>fought commies afterwards, got btfo'd
>no direct grandparent fought in any war despite literally all males at the time would have been fighting for a side

friend of mine's dad was a PTSD'd guerilla who killed a few americans/people from his town/government forces but afterwards quit communism and immigrated. isn't triggered, and calm person but generally seems to stare into nothing alot.

One of my great-granduncles fought in Cuba. He could have avoided being drafted, but went there at his own will. Came back of one piece but with some disease (disentery?).

Two of my granduncles fought in the Civil War, they were deployed to one of the bloodiest front and came back alive.

Have no idea, but one ancestor was killed in the Christian war in 1928

Grandad WW2 the, technically Operation Barbarossa, in the front line at Russian Karelia 1942

Great grandads brother was fought WW1 in Royal Prussian army, Finnish civil war (anti-communist front). After this lead Nationalist troops to Soviet Union borders and occupied land in the 1920's. Also was part of Finnish far right "Facist" movement's who beated and threatened communistd and would throw them to Soviet border. He was one of the leaders, even leaded attempted revolution, kidnapped President and his wife because he was a leftie.
Still remained a general and served in the Winter War, but became corrupted and lost his duty. Wasn't allowed to join the war in 40's.

Grandfather was british tank driver in North Africa

I'm the only male in our entire family who hasn't served in the military
Rough being a poortherner

>great-great-great etc grandfather on dad's dad's dad's side owned half of Valley Forge, George Washington stayed in his home, can still visit the place today
>some relative on dad's dad's dad's side fought for the Union
>dad's dad's dad was paratrooper in 101st airborne in WWII, company used to drop lioness mascot out of planes
>mom's dad was drafted into the Korean war, only tales I remember are of when he did heroin and hung out with some whores and when he stole a ring from a dead guy (he gave it to my dad)
>dad's mom's family line were Mennonite pacifists up through the start of the anabaptist movement

I was considering serving in the military for a while or at least doing military research, but nah. At this point American military action is no longer in the people's self-interest, nice as the benefits may be. There's really nothing left to fight for.

Both grandfathers fought against Italians during WWII. One of them fought against Germans (again WWII in Greece, North Africa and Italy) and vs Communist thugs later (Greek civil war)

Both grandfathers fought in WW2 against russia the whole time, great-grandfather was prussian soldier in ww1 was moved to the ostsee battallion which helped in our civil war and his ancestors have recordedly served in franco-prussian war and königgratz. Outside of that i have few karoliners in my family who fought in the great northern war.

And i'm a measly neet who atleast has done his conscription.

Great grandfather on one side fought for Austria-Hungary in WW1. One on the other side fought for Australia on the Western Front.

Grandfather joined resistance/uprising against WW2 occupation of Czechoslovakia, with an anti-communist group (I guess liberal nationalists).

I guess I'll also say, no mental illness or trauma as far as I know.

On my mothers side, my great grandfather was sent to China by the German Army to fight in the Boxer Rebellion. He was sent to Peking (Beijing now). He said that the heads of Boxers were put up in glass cases along the streets as a reminder of what happens to those that join them. He took some pictures of Peking and it's really interesting how it all once was. He sent some Chinese artifacts to his dad back in Germany (my great great grandfather) and his dad apparently sold them for a quick buck. Damn shame. He never went back to Germany, he went straight to America after the war was done. He did love China, and apparently he was fluent in Mandarin. Real hard-nosed guy.

My Great grandfather was Norwegian. Immigrated to the US and then fought in WW1 for the US. Took a bullet in France and came home

>be american
>get shot

>Be Argentinan
>Think you can comment on a white mans war

By the way how the Falklands doing? That was your country's great struggle right?

Afghan tajik here.
>Grandfather was a high ranking officer in the Afghan army prior to soviet invasion.
>Communists take control and soviets enter, force him to stop openly practicing his muslim faith.
>refuses and gets sent to prison for 2 years just for praying at work.

Have another relative that took up arms after his parents died in airstrike, lost his leg while fighting with the resistance.

Another uncle got imprisoned for 3 years by commies for being apart of an anti-commie/soviet political party while at university.

We have 2 other oral traditions whose authenticity im not too sure about:
1. Some ancestors of ours fleed to Afg from the city of Bukhara due to some major historical event (not sure whether recent with the russians or more older)
2. Our family name derives from some old famous muslim persian Ghazi.

no, the greatest struggle was sex with your mother

Bothe grandfathers "fought" in wars. One in WW2 and one in Korea, but the WW2 one was doing radio/radar stuff in America and the Korea one was acting as an army mechanic in Canada.

I have survivor genes.

both great grandfather fought in WW1
Grandfather fought in Algeria.

i know that most of great-grandfathers fought in ww1 and the turkish war of independence
ww1 - on the caucasus and yemen fronts
independence war - greek and armenian fronts

Ey lad. My grandfather fought in the football war. During the civil war, one of my uncles fought for the guerillas and another for the army.

>Have you some ancestors or relatives who fought on wars?
Literally everyone at some point had an ancestor who fought a war.

Except swiss anons

My seniors have been saying that our next deployment may be a combat deployment
Other than that I have a few uncles who've seen combat and possibly my grandpa but no clue what else