He doesn't think synthpop is best genre

>he doesn't think synthpop is best genre

>kraftwerk, the human league, thomas dolby, new order, gary numan, ladytron, the knife, fever ray, chvrches, omd, new musik, ultravox, telex, ann steel, solid space, depeche mode, propaganda, yazoo, royksopp, iamamiwhoami, crystal castles, goldfrapp, grimes, la roux, computer magic, wolfsheim, robyn, john maus, vnv nation, tears for fears, soft cell, japan, yellow magic orchestra, art of noise, covenant, polica, purity ring, john foxx, lorde, sparks, talk talk, yello, the blue nile, mesh, ashbury heights, nite jewel, hot chip, susanne sundfor, erasure, stan ridgway, m83, alphaville, oppenheimer analysis

I mean come on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l3G_Y3aIlis
youtube.com/watch?v=tkOr12AQpnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

bump?

Help

can't wait for new churches this year

thanks for the recommendations, I've been looking for more. Need to scratch the iamamiwhoami itch.

if you like the knife then iamamiwhoami will be right right up your alley
youtube.com/watch?v=l3G_Y3aIlis

>buttnose

come closer baby...

Why is his face like my ass hole

I love me some iamamiwhoami

lol

*Blocks you on Twitter*

bump

Yellow Magic Orchestra should be number one on that list and really every list.

emika where?

>emika
maybe next time. i like a couple of her songs.

I'm surprised Sytnpop doesn't get more attention from Sup Forums. It's always been my favorite genre. Especially the artists from the 80's (specifically New Order and Depeche Mode) youtube.com/watch?v=tkOr12AQpnU

>"The genre has received criticism for alleged lack of emotion and musicianship; prominent artists have spoken out against detractors who believed that synthesizers themselves composed and played the songs. Synth-pop helped to establish the place of the synthesizer as a major element of pop and rock music, directly influenced subsequent genres (including house music and Detroit techno) and has indirectly influenced many other genres and individual recordings."

I've always loved the sound of synthesizers, especially the older, harsher sounding ones. Despite being machines, the sounds great musicians of the era managed to coax out of them were amazing.

>grimes
oops you lost me

>detractors who believed that synthesizers themselves composed and played the songs

this still cracks me up.

there's an interview with John Foxx where he talks about when he brought his modular synths without keyboards and drum machines on stage the audience didn't realize they were instruments so added blinking LEDs and pretend to twist knobs / hit buttons during shows

bump