Were Sam Hyde and MDE the only examples of post-irony on television?

Were Sam Hyde and MDE the only examples of post-irony on television?

thefederalist.com/2016/12/12/million-dollar-extremes-adult-swim-show-becomes-collateral-damage-trumps-victory/

>“World Peace” wasn’t just toiling in the status quo, though. Where Green was sincere goofiness and “Tim and Eric” was defined by absolute irony, Million Dollar Extreme finished the sequence by muddling the qualities of the previous two. It was post-ironic. Maybe this is trouble?

>Figuring out the intentions of the ironist is easy: whatever is being shown is being mocked. But the post-ironist folds over on his own sincerity with exaggeration, using the ironic not just to ridicule, but also to enjoy the absurdities of what he genuinely appreciates.

Other urls found in this thread:

thefederalist.com/2016/12/12/million-dollar-extremes-adult-swim-show-becomes-collateral-damage-trumps-victory/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the only one I can think of

>post-ironic

what the fuck does this buzzword even mean

Its the super saiyan 3 of irony

pleb leave

This is quite possibly the ugliest motherfucker I have ever seen. And you guys keep posting him every hour.

I have to leave this place.

it's literally described in the fucking OP

Nothing, it's just a phrase retards use so that if you don't find something funny, they can just say it's too smart for you or that it's not supposed to be funny.

It basically explains it in the same paragraph

A mix of being ironic about things you dislike, ironic about things you like, sincere about things you dislike and sincere about things you like so no-one knows where your allegiances actually lie, or whatever.

Chris Morris did it better. imo Nathan Barley predicted Sam Hyde

Is this a sincere response I can't tell?

>post-irony is something new to americans

why are they always so late?

means you get to act like a huge faggot on purpose

Smoked salmon coffee, my nigga?

i'm prionic because of my long history of canniblism

Where can I download the World Peace episodes in good quality?

I only found one torrent and it's shit quality and censored

youtube has all the good sketches

I mean the episodes. And uncensored.

The article BTFOs leftists who think they are subversive

>What is Wonder Showzen?

It's a post-ironic response

was that pulled for ideological reasons?

>post irony

so just... normal commentary and society critique?

It's basically the "Yes! I was only pretending" comic.

That plus self-awareness; a good example is people who like Alex Jones are either legit nuts or post-ironic. Yeah, he's a raving and explosive filter salesman, but he's also talking about real news.

Stop molesting boys, Gajdusek

>it's not irony if it makes fun of god's chosen peoples you waaaaaysists!

no, that's irony

>All this butthurt

muh health insurance

muh post ironic racism

samenigger

Post-irony has been the norm on Sup Forums since like 2012.

whats the next thing?
unironic irony?

Serious question: Why doesn't Sam stop being a pussy and just admit his pride for the white race? He's have such a bigger, better platform if he'd stop dancing with the Jews. It's a white man's world now, he needs to stop hiding that fact.

Sam "ondedollarextreme" Hyde

Like Sup Forums

Out of this year's show, "Horace and Pete", "The Young Pope", "On Cinema at the Cinema", "Flowers" are also post-ironic/metamodernist.

"Enlightened" was one of the earliest masterpieces of post-ironic television.

MDE is literally 2deep4pleb SJWs who just want to stifle art because "bawww it offends me/challenges my world view!"

basically, leftist had a major hissy fit after Trump won and their delusions of granduer came crashing down hard, and they took out this frustration on the one and only "right wing" show within their power, an 11 min. sketch comedy show that aired at midnight on Adult Swim

Was mystery science theatre 3000 post ironic?

Wonder Showzen sucked though and is vastly over rated. It was shocking for the sake of being shocking and had nothing interesting to say or highlight. The only thing it had was that it was attacking sacred cows just because they could, but the attacked such """"taboo"""" topics like Christianity. Wow, Im so surprised and it really made me think that you have a Bible doing drugs and fucking hookers!

He's just not funny, I tried watching that shit once and maybe got one chuckle out of it. It doesn't help his spastic fans are all underage and retarded idiots

Anyway keep on spamming this hack and his shitshow

because hes not a stormfag because they are retarded faggots and their sense of humor is the most shallow, one note and pedantic crap imaginable. Essentially sub Sup Forums meme tier and what amounts to shaking your keys to entertain an infant. This is EVERY naziboo satirist ever

>jews
>we wuz kangs
>dindu nuffin
>((()))
>wink and nod obscure nazi reference

this. there wasnt one sketch that stuck in my head

but other people would say differently. people like different shit. i fucking hate family guy because of its blatant and played out formula but tons and tons of people love it.

wine party
jews rock
the one where the girl keeps breaking up with guys at her door
the game show one where they act british and wear weird shit
gorilla dick nigga

i have seen 2 episodes i think, and these are the ones i recall being really funny

Sam quit shilling yourself you unfunny hack. Seriously consider suicide

>2deep4pleb
Ok

If you think the only taboos they attacked were Christianity you never watched the show. And since you're talking about the superiority of MDE that makes sense because you're probably 15.

What's the difference between post-irony and new sincerity?

I just saw the former term being applied to Million Dollar Extreme

>Figuring out the intentions of the ironist is easy: whatever is being shown is being mocked. But the post-ironist folds over on his own sincerity with exaggeration, using the ironic not just to ridicule, but also to enjoy the absurdities of what he genuinely appreciates.

Seems to make sense. Is this the typical definition? What's new sincerity?

>using Gondolas to shitpost
Shame on you

what's the difference between post-irony and new sincerity

If by post irony you mean unfunny then no

New sincerity is cornball reconstruction.

The difference is aesthetic. Post-ironicists cloak themselves in irony, New Sincerity people like letting everyone know just how earnest they are.

>hurrr you didnt watch the show!

Wonder Showzen is objectively shit people over rate with nostalgia goggles because it was babys first edgy show

>cornball reconstruction
what did he mean by this?

He's right though. Wonder Showzen isn't actually funny, it just relies on shock. For someone who, say, is a Sup Forums regular, its "shock" bits is pedestrian with no actual humor buried beneath it.

>thefederalist.com

was he post-ironically crying on the phone to tim?

No, only when talking about the fan with a tumor.

you use reaction images like a redditor