Before going to the theaters what were your honest expectations for this? What was the like in your head...

Before going to the theaters what were your honest expectations for this? What was the like in your head? What did you think was going to happen?

What was the plot like in your head?*

My only expectation was a star wars film that didnt have lucas tier directing. I dont particular like JJ but at least he is a competent film maker.

Plot wise, i didnt really have any expectations. Star killer base was retarded, but the rest okay

Overall, tfa was an okay movie

exactly this

this desu

I expected something new but was dissapointed by how much of a copy of ANH it was.
It was still fun, I just wanted more

I had the craziest thought that the movie would've continued the story. I was wrong.

I was expecting a remake of the original.

I was expecting to hate Finn and be okay with Rey. I ended up experiencing the opposite.

>What did you think was going to happen?
I predicted that Luke would only get about a minute's screen time right near the end judging by him not being on the poster, nor in any of the trailers.

I thought Finn was the true Jedi (considering he was the only trooper out of thousands to decide to stop being brainwashed so he must be powerful with the force) and did not think they would make Rey a Jedi and that she would just use her staff stick as a weapon.

I never expected Han Solo to die. I expected way more screen time for Leia.

I thought we would get backstory between the events of what happened in the 30 years instead of nothing being explained at all.

There was something visually attracting me about the 1st trailer (the only one i saw before the movie came out)

a few days later after watching it i realized that the lightsabers had much more weight now and they emited actual light on the actors and the environment and that was what sold me on the movie. (although more finn and poe and less rey would have been nice)

I thought I'd get a colorful imaginary movie, instead I got a grimdark blue-filter one.I thought Rey was Luke's daughter, everything points she's not. I believed that Kylo Ren would suck, he did. Overall TFA was a good movie, but not a creative one like all previous SW films were, it felt like a generic space opera #48028.

>I believed that Kylo Ren would suck, he did.
Nope Kylo was one of my favorite things and that bridge scene where for a second I truly believed Kylo would put down his weapon

I thought it would be a fresh take on Star Wars

Turned out it was a shit version of a new hope.

Kylo ren turned out to be nothing like I expected, and it worked well for him mostly

When I first heard about the movie being directed by JJ I ws worried, when I saw the first teaser I was worried that theyd just shove iconic shit at us and not do anything interesting. However the god tier trailers made me go 'user dont be cynicle it could be enjoyable.'

When I saw it the first time I was enjoying myself all the way until they got off jakku, which then it became everyhing I feared it would be. Then the more I thought about the plot and the characters the dumber everything got.

I knew exactly what to expect from all the leaks that were happening. Nothing in the film surprised me at all, just disappointed, particularly with yet another 'blow up the Death Star' ending. There was a lot of laziness in the writing, but that was the only thing that was unforgivable to me.

I went out of my way to avoid all hype for this movie to avoid unobtainable expectations. Watched the trailer once and that was it. No promo interviews, no fan theories, no nothing. I went in as neutral as possible.

And it was still a massive disappointment.

It was completely obvious Han was done for as soon as he stepped foot on that bridge.

My only expectation was that I would come out just happy to see a new Star Wars film in my lifetime.

I wasn't wowed by it, but then again very few of the Star Wars movies are truly spectacular. I was still a bit peeved that it was just New Hope again

I purposely avoided spoiling myself. I went in expecting a worthy sequel to the original trilogy; instead, I got a crappy rehash of ANH with a Mary Sue protagonist.

At least it's still better than the prequels.

I hope they bring back Jar Jar for the next one.

A shitty J J Abrams movie.

Boy was I right.

It's a better first movie than Episode IV and Episode I, the possibilities for Episode VIII are great. Only problem is this is not the first movie in the series, it's a third fucking deathstar you JJ Cunt

Why every fat in that kino is a monster?

It was 100% what I thought it'd be.

Well, maybe slightly worse. I expected more competence.

I thought the badass silver storm trooper would be important and not just comic relief. How do you fuck up that bad? Make her the legit centerpiece of your poster and feature her heavily in marketing and then just, whatever lol, she's silly. Ha ha. That's only one of the major disappointments of this movie.

I think she was a nod to Boba Fett in that she was a supposed badass who did fuck all and died like a bitch.

A Star Wars themed thrillride
>oh look, things I remember

This. Make him a Sith Lord please

I had low expectations, but I thought I was going to watch a new Star Wars movie and all I got was a marvelized millenial version of Episode IV adding nothing (truly original) to the story or the universe.

Never going back to the cinema to watch a Disney film. I have no problem with braindead flicks, but they're not worth my money.

I was worried the minute it got announced, specially being recently bought by Disney. I would tell people it would have the same bland tone the Avengers had.
Over time I was a little more hopeful since I saw how much time and care they were putting into it. Practical effects and sets, concept art, script leaks. Boy was I wrong. Once that first trailer hit with the shaky cam milennial falcon, that's when I knew it was gonna be the same generic shit I expected back in 2012.

That's the issue with trying to pull that sort of "twist" in the first movie. Of course he couldn't just spare Han and go home. And everyone who knows Harrison Ford knows that he only agreed to do TFA if Han finally died.

I did not expect a straight up copy/past of Star Wars 1977

I did not expect Jon "Sanitation Trooper" Boyega essentially becoming the Jar Jar of the sequels or Gwendoline "White Harambe" Christie made to sit down like a bitch.

How can people like Kylo? He came across as an entitled cunt who throws temper tantrums.

Is it because millennials can relate to him?