Negan vs Governor

Who is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ewXizeMorkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of my problems with this season so far, is both of them pretty much had the same capabilities, and Rick wouldn't budge for the Govna, yet Negan neutered the fuck out of him. As soon as they got back to Alexandria, they should have planned whatever kind of ambush they could for when Negan showed up. They still had guns, and a fair amount of people. Like what the fuck, Rick

>Governor
Autistic lala fantasy land

Not actually good at intimidation, just controlling his own people, deceptive pussy.
>Negan
Pretty much a roman emperor, straight shooter, actually efficient and powerful.

You forget Rick was in psychomode when the Governor came into play. iirc governor was fine with Rick until daryl and michonne sperged out.

Negans an imperialist who caught rick offguard, outnumbered and cucked him good (Maggie's fault, again).

it depends on what you consider better. better as a human being or better as a villain?

the better villain was the Governor. He pretended to be a nice charming guy, but behind closed doors he was a rapist and sociopath. he'd kill anyone , man women or child to get by but wanted to pretend to be nice

negan is leading with fear, but is actually a sound reasonable nice guy. rick went to negans compound and killed dozens of sleeping soldiers , completely unprovoked. negan retaliates by killing ONE of ricks men. the second was killed because the group fought back. Carl tried to kill him and he brought him back to his dad and fed him. Negan also doesnt rape women. He does kill but it's to keep order in a world where there is no order anymore.

if both men met, i honestly believe that governor would charm his ass off but negan wouldnt buy that bullshit and kick his ass

Well the way I see it is the Governor was a decent leader and had that weird trait where he would just lose it and kill people because of how much of a pyscho he is but I think Negan is more well put together, don't get me wrong if they were to battle I think the Governor's hand to hand combat skills are better but Negan has the bigger army, the whole tank deal the governor did in season 4 would be like what he would try to Negan and he would almost be successful but one of Negans sheep would end up killing him because of the sheer number, or who knows maybe he'd be lucilled? thatd be interesting to see what the governor would have to say

Negan doesn't contribute anything though, hes a slave whipping bully.

The Governor was tactic as shit and built up his community from scratch providing for people to live freely, not bow to an emperor. The problem was nobody knew he was a sociopath and how he provided.

Governer.

It's literally impossible for a school bully to somehow have control over thousands of people that he antagonizes on a daily basis. Either it's the actor himself or the writing, but he's an unconvincing character. I believe him less than Barney in an apocalypse.

Now if there were three main characters of the magnitude of Negan, and they each controlled a chunk of sheep, that would make sense, but Negan by himself? With nothing but a wooden bat?

That story about Jesus walking on water is more believable.

Has the war between Alexandria and the other settlements started in the show yet?

>rick went to negans compound and killed dozens of sleeping soldiers , completely unprovoked

>Omitting that Negan's men attacked Rick's group first and would undeniably have gone after Rick's group anyway once they found out

Negan is literally pic related and his men are all murderous scumbags

Is Immortan Joe the best post-apocalyptic leader in fiction?

This desu

But Negan isn't even believable to begin with. Thousands of people wouldn't just lean back and "be okay" with you killing AND raping your loved ones. It's literally a twisted George RR Martin Fanfic in zombie land.

i think that's mostly due to numbers

the governor had a small town, which consisted mostly of civilians

negan apparently has hundreds of able bodied men spread out over several settlements to his disposal

tv guvna was fantastic, really liked his s4 arc.

negan is good for the banter in general but hes hard to take seriously as an actual character.

Bingo

>dozens of sleeping soldiers , completely unprovoked. negan retaliates by killing ONE of ricks men.

You forgot the part the saviors killed dozens of Alexandrians, Ricks people attacked the Governors camp first. Negans an asshole manipulating through fear, Governor manipulated people through persuasion and charm.

Spot on, Negan is a better group "leader" but the Governor was leagues ahead in the 'get shit done' field. In the comics the Governor is brutal in comparison, Negans people turn on him and Rick locks him up.

Nah, it's getting to that part soon.

this, in the comics Negan used to be a coach or something. Total meatheaded dickwad who couldn't kill his own turnt wife ( asked a black teenager to do it, lol ). Governor kept his turnt daughter locked away as a reminder not to go nuts, michonne fucked up.

That's why Negan showed up early to catch them off guard if they did plan something like that

Governor is a nutcase psychopath who has to deceive people to do what he wants

Negan gives no fucks, is mentally stable, and rules people through fear.

>Negan
>mentally stable

Lol

this. Negan is way more fun and entertaining to watch, but the Governor is definitely the better character. But hey, that could all change when the show gets to Negan's backstory and he starts to change after AOW.

Negan is an anti hero not a villain showfag. He joins up with Rick's group eventually.

this.
he's not actually a villain, but he's not all that good either based on his actions. He's rick without morality or what would happen if shane didnt go crazy

Fans of The Walking Dead, everyone

I saw Jeffrey Dean Morgan at a grocery store in Los Angeles once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

>It's literally impossible for a school bully to somehow have control over thousands of people that he antagonizes on a daily basis.

You don't know shit, user.

At a certain point, it's just splitting hairs as to who is better.

Trump has friends, supporters, family. Maybe a quarter of the country legitimately love the fucker.

No one has ever been shown that has that kind of affection for Negan, nothing drives his supporters except for greed and sadism, if anything they should be MORE likely to try to take him out.

In fact Negan can't even stop being a cunt for one second to his own men, it's absurd.

Watch this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=ewXizeMorkw

The Governor did nothing wrong apart from have shit writers

Negan and it's not even close.

Governor = Cold son of a bitch

Negan= Charming son of a bitch

I was excited when Negan was first introduced. I thought it would be interesting with a character that creates such mixed feelings. Charming and pragmatic but also a huge obstacle that will continue to kill off popular characters.

>You forgot the part the saviors killed dozens of Alexandrians

when?

>Ricks people attacked the Governors camp first

didn't the nigger hater kidnap maggie or something?

>>You forgot the part the saviors killed dozens of Alexandrians

Are you talking about the comics or the tv show? Cause in the TV show what happened is Rick and his group went and massacred a bunch of saviors while they were asleep and took their stuff. Rick was in full psycho mode, even worse than when he ate that guy's throat.

Negan even treats the other Saviors like shit though

>dude bow to me lmao
>dude I'll fugg your wife lmao
>don't talk to me or my bat ever again

All of that is a small price to pay when you're getting virtually free stuff from other communities and don't have to worry about scavenging to survive.

>Now if there were three main characters of the magnitude of Negan, and they each controlled a chunk of sheep, that would make sense, but Negan by himself?

>Who is Rick?
>Who is Ezekiel?
>Who is Red John?

They were both near death and both had failed to produce an heir or educate those under their command to not go into self-destruct mode after the death of their leaders.

>It's literally impossible for a school bully to somehow have control over thousands of people that he antagonizes on a daily basis.

Do you know what North Korea is about? How is it that people are so clueless about the planet they live in? Negan built a system based on fear and the rules he has in place are to make sure that system never crumbles.

There's literally nothing unconvincing about him having that much power.

you missed nothing, he's talking shit