Almost done with DS9 /trek/

I am coming onto the last 10 episodes of Deep Space Nine, first time watching through the series...and I have enjoyed it so far. It didn't interest me as a kid (came out when I was 5, and The Next Generation appealed to me more when I started watching Trek). I like the throw backs to the Original Series, including characters and actors, aside from the Mirror universe episodes, I found them so-so.

I know the last 9 episodes are serialized, and I hear the arc is good...so lets see how it ends.

Dukat did nothing wrong.

Have you realized that DS9 is fucking trash yet?

Dukat did everything wrong, the last 10 episodes are when you realize that Damar did nothing wrong.

Is Voyager worth watching?

Dukat did nothing wrong until he went full Satan. Damar did nothing wrong.
Voyager did as much wrong as it possibly could.

He killed Jadzea, there is nothing wrong with that.

Yes.

It's the worst Star Trek, but watching any Star Trek is still a better use of your time than doing anything else.

No.

What's your favourite episode? Huge In the Pale Moonlight fan but Whispers is really underrated.

Hello, Rick Berman.

Garak is best Cardy.

100% patriotic and not fueled by power coveting or excuse making like Dukat.

Even Damar is better than Dukat in the end.

I liked "The Magnificent Ferengi" simply for the absurdity. The Visitor for the Drama, In the pale moonlight for the intrique, and Sword of Kahless for the adventure.

The Magnificent Ferengi was fantastic. It's a good thing they didn't overuse the Ferengi, but when they did it was really fun.

Yea, and when they did, it broke up tension which was nice. I did like Nog.

I had no idea the guy who played Nog was a midget. I thought he was just a short kid.

>MYYYYY UULLLLLLLSSSS!!!?!?! Have you seen my Japanese Tentacle Mistletoe?

>it's a "millenial wants to feel superior so he likes DS9 the best over TOS" episode

Other way around surely? Unless you're implying millenials think camp 60s sci-fi is superior to modern storytelling and serialised arcs.

What am I saying? 4/10.

Wow, I can't believe that different people have different tastes. Truly shocking. How dare they.

I like TOS. It was great, it still is.

>In the Pale Moonlight
That sort of mystery that makes sense perfectly in hindsight is the best thing ever if you can pull it off correctly.

But Sisko almost failed hard, and risked raising tensions between the Federation and the Romulans. It could have easily blown up in his face many times. Garrak's side of the plan could have easily failed if the Romulan senator contacted Romulus about what occurred before leaving.

If I recall correctly, the he was never supposed to be on DS9 in the first place. He went there clandestinely for a reason and there would have been consequences for him if the Romulan Senate found out.

Garak always intended to murder the senator, he knew the plan would appear to fail at first. He didn't trade those explosives for the data rod, he used them to blow up the ship. Probably had the data rod stashed away from his time in the Order because it would come in useful for framing people.

This. Also it would have looked bad in the eyes of the Dominion, who the Romulans had a non-aggression treaty with at the time.

Why did o'brien even take the promotion to DS9?
His job seems like hell now.

>But Sisko almost failed hard
That was Garak's plan from the beginning, which is what made the episode so genius.

>make sure recording has enough flaws to be discovered as a fake so senator will leave in a huff when garak wants him to
>explosion will kill him and make any 'errors' look like natural damage on crystal, romulans will assume its a cover up
>0% chance of senator contacting romulus before the bomb goes off because he isnt supposed to be there

He used sisko as the lure.

He transferred to the Enterprise because his last job gave him PTSD.

He transferred to DS9 because the Enterprise was always doing waaaaaaacky shit like getting taken over by holograms or turning his wife into a disgusting child.

He explained it to Worf in Bar Association:

>How do you tolerate working in this environment?
>It's a lot easier than working on the Enterprise.
>Easier? The Enterprise never had these kind of problems.
>Tell me about it. Have you have any idea how bored I used to get sitting in the Transporter room waiting for something to break down? Here, I've a half dozen new problems every day. This station needs me. Oh, do me a favour. Hand me the coil spanner.

He also transferred before the discovery of the wormhole and the whole Dominion War. When he took the job DS9 was in the middle of nowhere with nothing really going on in the area except the rebuilding of Bejor.

>with nothing really going on in the area except the rebuilding of Bejor.
And de possibility of being bak on de frunt line with de feckin Spoonys again

Moy neckbone collection is lookin' a little tin

>worst star trek
>not animated series

TAS is watchable, corny as hell, but at least it's not written poorly like Voyager.

Yesteryear and The Magicks of Megas-tu were legitimately great episodes.

only for it's memetic value

Only if you count canon works. I've seen this, and it was a chore to get though even with the RiffTrax.

There are plenty of good voyager episodes in comparison, those are good episodes nonetheless.
Mudd's cameo on TAS was bretty neat too
tru
Jesus christ, how many times did you have to pause it?

>That tranny Spock

these people look confused

Worst Trek!

Captain, I am from Transexual Transylvania

Dukat still hasn't done anything wrong.

Dukat. I recommend a full spread of torpedoes!

My Klingon friend, a full spread of torpedoes would do significantly more damage to the Bajoran people than necessary. Half a spread will be quite adequate.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

Good god, Worf. Always with the torpedoes. This is a new sentient lifeform, it may pose a danger to us and all life in the sector, but we must not harm it!

DS9 is best trek..

Uuugh Cardassians are without honor!

Better to destroy them all. Let the Bajorans die a warrior's death!