Maisie

Man this scene makes me so hard

>Thank you, Uncle Stannis

Literally the worst ship

Strong female character: check!

Thanks OP!

Oh Sansa got some dogs alright...

>Strong female character: check!
too bad the show has ruined her and turned her into the lame hbo tits and ass quota she was barely in s6 ughh

How come Gendry never been with a woman? he's a fucking hunk. (no homo)

The way I see it there are three different types of strong female characters presented in GoT and ASOIAF.

There are the women who *literally* kick ass such as Arya and Brienne.

There are women who command great power and demand great respect like Dany or Olenna Tyrell. Even Lyanna Mormont while just a young woman fits this bill.

Then there are women who have gone through things that are the worse things a human can possibly endure and come out even stronger such as Sansa. (This also applies to Cercei due to her rape and constantly being told she can not lead because of her being a woman but I can't forgive Cercei for the way she treated Sansa and the things she allowed Joffrey to do to women. Though to be fair that's like due to her internalized mysogeny).

What kind of strong female characters do you prefer? Is there another type I am missing?

I prefer the kind who doesn't act like a cunt just to show off how strong she is.

I think season six should her inner strength more than ever desu

no she was just a plot device for that snowflake faggot snuh

So I'm reading through the books now. I just finished the first, and am about to move onto Clash of Kings.

My fear is, I was told Feast for Crows is shit. Should I just get an audiobook version for that one to save me the time?

feast for crows is the best one IMO. It's slower paced, but it's more to do with politics then the others.

AFFC is great. I used to say everything but Dorne is good but after the show's Dorne plot the Arianne and Hotah chapters seem amazing now.

affc is good because it actually deals with the aftermath of the chaos and consequences of books 1-3 most of the complaints are that its slow and doesnt have X character in it.

>dead

You know what this thread needs?

JONSA

what an ugly slag

What episode of skins is this?

Post em

Why should she have to have a political marriage with a small dick manlet she doesn't even like ? Why are you against strong women having agency?

Had a dream about Bran last night lads

He was climbing some steep cliff, and then someone from above pushed him, but he started to fly, and when he got up he could also walk, and took the valyrian steel sword from the guy who pushed him, and stabbed him with it.

What did my subconscious mean by it?

most beautiful girl in the seven continents

Slag

>Had a dream about Bran

means you're a faggot and should start sucking cocks and stop posting on /got/.

Don't think that's it because I'm attracted to girls

AFFC drags in parts, and there are a couple character's arcs that shouldn't be visited as much as they are Brianne looking for Sansa, but overall it is good. AGOT=ASOS>ADWD>AFFC=ACOK
IMHO none of them are bad, they just have differing faults. AFFC drags where ACOK moves too quickly. Dany's quagmire of a storyline is the worst part of the series.

Fucking autocorrect...

Am I the only one who always reads ACOK as "a cock"?

Most beautiful sauce of the seven condiments.

No, I think we all do, ACucK.

On which planet ? Uglynia IV ?

Jon and Dany will unite eventually in marriage. Both are key players, Targaryens but can also be viewed as bastards.

Jon has the stronger claim as Rhaegars son and Dany thinks she is a Targ but she isn't.

Jon Snow is a Targaryen and Daenerys 'Targaryen' is really a Blackfyre. Whose family technically had the right to the throne.

And the whole survival of the female line theme is so that the family who had as much right to rule would eventually be absorbed and the two lines united.

How, how is she a Blackfyre?

Also, my phone tried to correct "Blackfyre" to "black dude".

Gendry's member edition...

He's a delusional idiot. As is anyone who believes 90% of book "theories."

The blackfyres survived. It isn't just a theory but very much hinted.

It's very much hinted that a blackfyre would return posing as a targaryen from the black dragon inn tale.

During the blackfyre rebellion the inn keep took down the black dragon ( house blackfyre sigil ) smashed it to pieces and threw it into a river or lake..basically a body of water.

One of the pieces ended up rusting red and washed up on shore back to the land. Symbolic of a piece of the line of the black dragon returning to westeros posing as the blood of the red dragon.

It wouldn't surprise me if she is related to illyrio mopatis, the guy who gives her away to the dorthaki.

And it wouldn't surprise me if varys a life long friend to illyrio and working with him is a descendant of the exiled targaryen aerion brightflame.

There are other things to hint at this but personally I find it awesome that the person to hatch and bring back dragons is a blackfyre.

Also the dragon she rides is a black dragon which is the sigil of house blackfyre. The same dragon breathes black fire.

She has a connection with the Dothraki and horses much like the supporter of the blackfyres was a Targaryen bastard who's sigil was a hybrid of a dragon and a horse.

The same guy came up with the golden company mercenary group who poured molten gold over the bittersteel rivers the founder so that one day he'll be able to return to westeros with a vengeance on the battlefield has a similarity with daenerys 'brother' who also had molten gold poured over him.

Also the golden company who's sole purpose was to return to westeros in support of a blackfyre has handed over their support to daenerys without her acknowledgement nor request. Technically returning west to support a blackfyre.

All the hints are about Aegon you fool

He very may well be but there is more in support of dany being a blackfyre than there is for aegon. They could both be blackfyres or aegon could very well be the son of rhaegar.

End of the day I believe Jon who believes he is a bastard snow is really a targaryen and that dany who believes she is a targaryen is really a descent of a bastard targaryen blackfyre.

End of the day you are an incredible retard like all the "theory" dumbshits.

pottery

he could also be a brightflame. three heads of the dragon. targaryen, brightflame and targaryen.

what went wrong?

Reminder that Aegon is really a Targ and the reason he dyes his hair isn't to hide his the Targ whites but it is to hide his Stark genetics, he may have inherited his father's eyes but he'll no doubt look like a Stark, I think the lines about people commenting how Jon looks like a Stark are a clue to this. If Aegon really is Lyanna's son then he'll probably take more after their mother like Jon did if they happen to be twins.

>filename
Lost

>making Mads Mikkelsen look like an emo faggot is kino.

>muh edgy anime characters

Fuck off George. Write or die.

>It wouldn't surprise me if she is related to illyrio mopatis, the guy who gives her away to the dorthaki.

And why would Viserys have gone along with this for years and Dany's entire childhood from before he even came to be with Illyrio?

>a black dragon which is the sigil of house blackfyre. The same dragon breathes black fire.

So was Balerion and so did Balerion. Is Aegon 1 and the other riders for Balerion Blackfyres and proto-blackfyres?

>Also the golden company who's sole purpose was to return to westeros in support of a blackfyre has handed over their support to daenerys without her acknowledgement nor request. Technically returning west to support a blackfyre.

Are you ignoring that their original plan was to join up with Viserys? Is Viserys a blackfyre too now?

Your subconscious was blessing you with dreams of best character

I'm guessing Euron drank the blue drink that the warlocks tried to give Daenerys?

yes

That's exactly what I thought

Wait. She was in Fantastic Beasts?

kek

Dany being a strong woman is a laffo. She gets damn near everything handed to her because she's the mother of dragons.

She's cute.

BWUE STEEL

Literally sucks hodor cock

Fuck off disgusting pedo, Bran is pure.

Well,quite clearly the writing and the decision to not give Euron enough screentime.

While I understand that these screens are often exaggerated as Hell and there's often not enough time in the show to give these characters these long speeches, show watchers have basically no reason to be interested in Euron or regard him as anything but a douche.

What's the coolest ASOIAF location?
>inb4 The Wall

what is the pic supposed to be?

Sunday, Sunday

Dec. 12th, 2016 at 3:26 PM
G-men
YES!!!!

Life is magical and full of joy!

(At least where NFL football is concerned. Admittedly, as this crappy year comes to an end, life in general continues to have its warts, carbuncles, and weeping sores).

Never mind about that, however... the Giants beat the Dallas Cowboys last night on Sunday Night Football, breaking their eleven-game winning streak. And for the first time since 2011, the G-Men have swept the season series from Jerry's Boys.

Some city in Asshai, I think.

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

He's a peasant who had no money so he couldn't hire prostitutes and doesn't seemed inclined to like them, and he didn't seem very comfortable with girls based off his first interactions with Arya and Melisandre
He had to settle for the other strapping lads at the forge

Thanks George

>Gendry "The Bull"
>cucks Stannis literally and figuratively

Fitting.

DAE GENDY LE ROWING XDXDXD

Only plebs don't like AFFC, it's got great worldbuilding and the Jaime and Cersei chapters are some of the best in the series.

>page 9

Jonsa to the rescue

Show Ramsay > Book Ramsay
Show LF > Book LF
Any other examples where the show outdoes the book or improves upon them?

Show Euron > Book Euron
Show Daario > Book Daario
Show Qyburn - Book Qyburn

Show Joffery is top, Gleeson's acting is great

Is a cute

Greywater

I'm basically done with my re-reading of A Clash of Kings, why did Catelyn's chapters feel like they went fuck all anywhere? I understand a point to show how fucked the Riverlands are int the war and stuff but they weren't as interesting as her little detective adventure in AGOT. It's been about a decade since I read ASOS but I can't remember what happened in her chapters outside of The Red Wedding.

I agree with this. Gleeson was an amazing Joffrey.

I think he was good, but a younger actor, closer to the book version in age would have pulled it off better.

This. One of the best actors on the show and GoT has lacked a compelling villain since.

Show Ramsey is awful. He's just try-hard Joffrey and has luck hax.

With all the webs of scheming in ASOIAF between Varys, Baelish, Roose Bolton, Doran Martell, and even Bloodraven, I just had a thought.
Are there any spies in Stannis' camp? He seems to be the only major player who doesn't have spies trying to manipulate him.

The only thing I can find is Bran and Bloodraven watching them in the tower through those ravens, but I don't think they are trying to manipulate Stannis or anything.

>He seems to be the only major player who doesn't have spies trying to manipulate him.
The Karstarks are pretty obviously spying on him and reporting his actions to the Boltons.

Yeah but he sniffs them out immediately. They didn't really accomplish anything. In fact they'll probably be his ticket into the castle.

and Meera

youtube.com/watch?v=dKViVPes8Ik

...you just know

Will stannis win winterfell? What if grrrms gonna have him die stupidly too

This video is so painful to watch, what an awkward thing to ask

I actually feel like D&D explored Bobby B's character a bit more and a bit better than GRRM did.
Also show Tywin was GOAT, obviously.

It seems likely that he will, since he's set up to lose but hints at having a plan. I don't think he'll survive the next book though.

The show's casting strays a long way from the book descriptions of characters sometimes, but in this case, I don't think it really matters; Gleeson just played Joffrey's character perfectly.

He's going to win Winterfell at a great cost, I'd reckon.