/tdf/ - Stage 16

Le Puy-en-Velay / Romans-sur-Isère
165km
Start 13h40

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/sport/2017/jul/17/team-sky-sir-dave-brailsford-verbal-attack-cycling-journalist
cube.eu/2017/road-triathlon/cross-race/cube-cross-race-blacknwhite-2017/
sport.francetvinfo.fr/tour-de-france/direct
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Here, as journalists attempted to glean something from Team Sky’s limited media access on the rest day, Brailsford accused a cyclingnews.com writer, Barry Ryan, of “writing shit about [him]” and told him he was excluded from listening to Froome as the race leader spoke to television outlets. That came after a similar episode with the website’s editor Daniel Benson earlier in the race.
>Asked by Ryan what elements of the article he objected to, Brailsford was then reported to have said: “I’m not getting into that. It was opinion, you write shit. We make ourselves available, we answer all the questions and you write this shit.” The exchange ended with Brailsford telling Ryan he could “stick it up your arse”.
theguardian.com/sport/2017/jul/17/team-sky-sir-dave-brailsford-verbal-attack-cycling-journalist

E A R L Y
A
R
L
Y

they should run this stage backward

yeah, i was a bit bored

Chris Froome is by far the most sympathetic person involved with Team Sky.

I hope some massive skeletons (hehe) will come out of Brailsford's and Wiggins' closets so they get torn down completely.
That said, cyclingnews is p shit

>Uphill sprint finish
MATHEWSWINSLOL

Gott strafe England

Post your bike

>bycicle pictures with small ring and big cog
Into le trash

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as froome, is in fact, froome/Sky, or as I've recently taken to calling it, froome plus Sky. froome is not a train unto himself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning and ruthless locomotive system made useful by the domestiques, helpers, cars and motors comprising a full team as defined by the UCI.

Many teams use a modified version of the froome tactic every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of froome tactic which is widely used today is often merely called froome, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the froome plus Sky system, developed by Dave Brailsford.

There really is a froome, and the peleton are chasing him, but he is just a part of the locomotive system they chase. froome is the kernel: the core rider who allocates domestiques resources towards the maillot jaune.The kernel is an essential part of a locomotive system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete train. froome is normally used in combination with the Sky locomotive system: the whole system is basically Sky with froome added, or Sky/froome. All the so-called froome tactics are really tactics of Sky/froome!

>not spinning

>changing to big ring and small cog after going up a 15% wall just because arbitrary rules about bike pictures
Do you also live by the Velominati rule book.

Shit stage desu

If Froome didn't BTFO everyone on the individual TTs, this would be the perfect meme

get mad

Philippe Gilbert won't start today's stage due to a viral gastroenteritis.

it's a "there's a 2% chance of crosswinds so we'll talk about crosswinds all day" stage

>the commentator who cried crosswinds

>cube.eu/2017/road-triathlon/cross-race/cube-cross-race-blacknwhite-2017/
Bought this for 1,100 € a month ago.
It's my first road bike, how much did i fuck up?

seems good enough

first for ned

Danish tv is going to cut to their weather studio at least 10 times during the stage.

No.
I live by the A E S T H E T I C rules or nature.

It just doesn't look good senpai.

>Needing water
Top pleb

Bit late today, sorry.
>using pedals

Looks very good.
But isn't it a cyclocross bike?

Matthews wins the intermediate (unless there's a break which he somehow missed), Kittel wins the stage. Go on, deny this. You can't.

Was afraid of killing the tires non-stop because the roads around here are shit-tier, so i opted for the cyclocross version.

kittel? more like kettle amirite

I honestly think you made the right choice then, as you can always put so slick tires in it if you want longer speedier rides.

I was thinking of assembling a bicycle from old parts just for cyclo cross actually.

is KITTEL the VETTEL of CYCLING?

Nah Kittel is alpha, Vettel is a whiny bitchboi

It is a cross bike and not a 'real' road bike. But with 105 components on a new bike you can't fuck up. Looks good.

As long as there as no sharp rocks, glass or thorns that fuck up any tire bike tires tend to not get punctures that much. That is if you keep them properly inflated to prevent pinch flats.

I would recommend getting road slicks if you're going to use it as a road bike as they make a massive difference. And I'd get something smoothly rolling instead of trying to get the most puncture resistant tire.

I have a mtb with disc brakes but I like normal ones better.

Yeah, I doubt roads in Germany are worse than here and I only use Veloflex tubular and Veloflex tires with latex inner and I almost never get a puncture.

Comfy too.

Here's a shitty non-driveside picture
>tfw phone takes photos so large you have to scale them down

Get some 35 or 38mm compass tyres and set them up tubeless for maximum comfy

I don't understand this meme is it abstract ?

i kissed a girl yesterday. didn't enjoy it.

nice pic

Then you woke up and posted here?

Veloflex tubs/tires with latex tubes are absolutely amazing. And their puncture protection is also pretty great. This summer I've done more mileage on my road bike with the Veloflex tires than my CX commuter that has memeskins and the memeskins have gotten punctures while the handmade Italian "puncture magnets" haven't had a single puncture. *knocks on wood*

It happened in 2015.

fugg

i went biking with a girl yesterday tbqh

>tfw want to go for a ride but know my knee will act up

Anyone else who has had knee problems? Anything I can do other than take it slow?

Go to a fuckin doktor
Don't risk doing permanent damage

raise your saddle and make sure that your cleats are adjusted

>tfw no Tour of Japan with stages in mountains like Haruna, Usui, Akagi, Myogi, Irohazaka and Saitama roads under reform

>13h40
Is this benig broadcasted on telly over here?

there's a live stream on sportschau.de for the entire stage

Yeah, not only that they are top tier comfy at all psi you put them on (specially the tubulars) and feel fast as fuck. Adding how they are amazing while cornering I haven't bought another another brand since I tried them years ago (still keep meme tires for the trainer at home).
They are expensive tho but worth it depending on your ridding habits.

Arigato senpai.

I would rather see a tour de USA with the Queen stage in Hawaii

Why doesn't Bennett haka before the stages?

With a TT in Pikes Peak?

Froome is the face of Sky. Sky couldn't be what they are without him. He can control the direction of the team, both during the race and in how the team interacts with the public/news media. When you're the mutli-TDR winning face of a team, you can't divorce yourself from the team's shitty behaviors.

No a TT in the outskirts of New Orleans. Whomever doesnt get their bike stolen wins the race

>4200m

lmao
this kills the cyclist

Oh good, America's awake to talk to himself again

>team cars with oxygen tanks for riders

The good, the Bak and the ugly
I'll be Bak
Men in Bak
Bak to the Future
BrokeBak Mountain
The Empire Strikes Bak
Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Bak Pearl
Police Academy 3: Bak in training
A Bak's Life

They aren't even that expensive when compared to similar tires on the market. And at least for me going through a few sets of tires per year isn't really that big of a problem. It's the price I'm willing to pay for an amazing ride.

Love you too, sweetie.

goot time trial stage

This would be perfect pasta if it wasn't for Basso at Liquigas perfecting this system first iirc (dunno if anybody did it before to perfection like Liquigas on the 2010 Giro).
Agnoli, Nibali, Kiserlovski, dall'Antonia, Sylvester Szmyd and Bodnar fucking grinded the entire peloton.
Too bad Basso wasn't good enough at ITT to have a shot at TdF.

>you now remember Iban Mayo choking in the tour every single year

Gewiss-Ballan

activated

the tour is passing by in the village im in for holiday lads
only my house is quite far from the road and im a bit tired so i wont come out

>forecast is 6-9 m/s from 135-155km mark
>same strength tailwind from 155 to the finish

This could be huge tbqh

Please write >pinot on the road

Shieet didn't remember those, I guess I didn't follow cycling as much in those days desu.

Had to go on wiki and this was there, jesus christ those 90's were insane kek

the village prepared a HUGE fruit pie for the occasion

Just go faggot. Ive been 3 times and all were fun experiences

is it worth it to attack on the climb and then hope that the peloton is going to struggle with winds?

Stop grinding lmao fag

pls no bully guys

There will be huge cuts in the peloton if a move is made with those winds.

RIP Aru if he doesn't open his eyes and protects himself.

what tv channel/stream do you boys and girls watch TdF?

concidering the fact that froome is going to win a lot of time on the TT i'd risk it if I were Aru or Bardet.

Not for the GC guys. It's headwind for 20 or so km. crosswind for 10 (not 20) and tailwind for 10km. Maybe sky will try in the crosswind. It's pretty heavy.

>is it worth it to attack

Always !

sport.francetvinfo.fr/tour-de-france/direct
stream since i dont have a tv

But does Aru even have the team to make a move? Only Bardet seems to have some capable men, maybe with some help from Uran, but AG2R alone can't beat Sky.
Also Aru is such a pussy that he's probably more worried of losing 2nd place to Bardet or Uran than actually winning TdF.

I'm a bit disappointed with Aru desu.

Ah yes, very cute.

British Eurosport stream

been out of the loop since froome started his dynasty.

are there any good guys left?

my old favorite was contador btw

Astana are shambles this year without Scarponi, Fuglsang and Nibbles, but if ag2r or sky push the group up the climb he might try solo in the last km or so. Afterwards however I don't know.

> my old favorite was contador btw
He's not exactly dead yet.

Eurosportplayer

Dan Martin is the good guy atm

Him and Duran Duran

>light uphill finish
>anyone but matthews/degenkolb

Henk plz

he might aswell be. hasn't he crashed like 8 times this year?

i'll keep an eye out for him m8

i just want them to dope again desu.. give back virenque and vinokourov. atleast it was exciting back then.

Definitely /ourguys/

>tfw off to holiday after today's stage so I'll miss the rest of le Tour

Yet he still got up 8 times.
He's still a brave lad with balls of steel, something this peloton is missing a lot.