Reminder that Scaruffi stated in a radio interview that he usually only listens to albums once before rating them...

Reminder that Scaruffi stated in a radio interview that he usually only listens to albums once before rating them, and sometimes doesn't even finish them before giving them a score

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=16gT0lnSoew
kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=6242041.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"like whoa. giga-cringe! he ONLY listens to the album ONCE? you need to listen at least 72 times to get the pure genius of radiohead."

Scaruffi isn't a critic he's just a random Italian dude who posts opinions on his shitty website

based scaruffi

What the fuck kind of retarded strawman is this?

this

yeah but he listened to [album you like that took you multiple listens to get into] only once and gave it a 4. how do feel now chump?

is this bait?

Literally nothing wrong with what he said

What do you think

>album is boring trite
>expected to finish it even if you’re not enjoying it
I fail to see the issue. That’s normal behavior?

Not when you're reviewing it.

you cant review something unless you've experienced it in full its asinine to think otherwise

>Food critic goes to a restauarant and orders a meal
>Takes a bite of one thing and doesn't touch anything else on the plate
>Says the whole meal was shit

It's worse than that
>Food critic goes to a restaurant and orders a 3-course meal
>takes 1 bite of the starter, spits it out and leaves the restaraunt
>Says that the main course and dessert were awful too

when you've listened to tens of thousands of albums during your life you don't have to wade through every boring ass shitfest of an album to know it's shit, you can safely rate it 4 or 5 out of ten and move on

given enough experience he can tell if an album is some derivative shit within the first 2 songs.

he said if he finds an album that starts promising he puts it aside to give it a closer listen.

>this is what soylets actually believe

The chance that the first couple of songs of an album are absolute shit and then from that point on it turns to a masterpiece are about 0%

>be soyboy music critic
>start listening to album
>first 3 songs are really bad
>sit through the rest of the album anyway
>shit album through and through
>listen to it 5-10 times more just because you'll might find something good
Imagine how much good music you don't have time to listen to when you give shitty albums your time?

I wouldn't have discovered a bunch of my favourite albums if I had sat through shit like Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, Death Grips or any of the rap niggers in short dreads and face tattoos named lil' something

he literally didn't say that and I know what interview you're talking about

he said he doesn't bother rating/reviewing the ones he only hears once

>sometimes doesn't even finish them before giving them a score
Well I sometimes don't finish meals I dislike too.

>Forcing yourself to eat a shit meal.

What if you can clearly see the feces in it?

I mean the first listen is the most important,if an album doesn't click with me on the first listen then I usually ignore it unless I come back to it,which happens rarely.

But he gave Trout Mask Replica a 9.5.

>not a 10
shit taste.

>food analogies

I mean, I like that people are still talking about my interview with him, but I did a much, much better one with Samuel Andreyev that you should listen to as well: radioadelaide.org.au/2017/11/09/music-and-more-with-composer-samuel-andreyev/

based aussie

link it, senpai

Here's a good one

youtube.com/watch?v=16gT0lnSoew

When I'm bored I sometimes like to browse random normie music forums for discussions about Scaruffi.

It's always hilarious to watch normies have their fist contact with Scaruffism. I like to imagine that a handful of them become intrigued and embark on their journey of musical discovery.

You are taking a meme critic seriously...

link?

kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=6242041.0

>I hate these no name rock critics thinking that they can understand a black mans psyche

kek