Why do you listen to songs as albums? Cant...

Why do you listen to songs as albums? Cant, you just listen to the good song and discard the bad songs mashed together to fill the album?

having a stroke op? also lazy troll we see this thread errday

my first time in mu seriously pondering this maybe its an autism thing

A wise man once said "you ought to have moments of silence to enjoy the noise"

Using it in this context, you ought to listen to the bad songs to enjoy the good songs..

Or, as other have said, lazy thread, autist op..

sage still works senpai

Why can't you guys answer this simple question without getting mad tho?

nobody cares about your question and

Bad songs are not silence. They are just bad songs and will make anything sound good in comparison

listen too album with goode song

I agree, that's why when I only listen to albums fully when every song is good

it's really not that hard to find an album where you enjoy every song...

even if OP is bait, people do actually think this which is sad

Because it's bundled together. You don't only watch the good episodes of a show and discard the rest. It's meant to be experienced as a whole. For why they are bundled together in the first place? That idk.

what if i listen to albums that have no bad songs?

Okay but they are bundled together like Black Mirror show you can actually miss episodes and it would be just fine. Rarely songs in albums are part of a whole.

Because most albums exist as songs put together as a collection that were written, produced, and recorded under similar conditions. Typically, albums aren't just compilations of discrete songs, they're also documents of a creative period. Also, if you immediately discard songs you don't like, you might be losing out on something that you'll grow to understand on repeat listens.

>Rarely songs in albums are part of a whole

If you listen to bad albums, sure. I honestly don't remember the last time I sat through an album I enjoy that had a song I didn't like on it.

>rarely songs in albums are part of a whole
kek
a good album will be made up of songs that support each other and flow together; bad ones generally sound like a random playlist of tracks the artist put together

If you have to repeat listen, you're basically forcing yourself to like something. If that's the case, I don't deem it worth my time.

I founs the album that I enjoy it fully a few weeks ago. It was "No_One Really Dies", the bad thing is that most albums are not like it, and it ja a very unique one I will probably never find anything like it

That's what I feel like album listeners do most of the time. When I listen to a symphony I can feel a pattern going through the whole thing but when I listen to an album Its just songs with the same style grouped together. They flow together alright, but there is no order or harmony. And I'm expected to like it as a whole?

I hear this argument a lot and it's complete crap.
Learning how to make good music in the first place isn't easy, so why should all good music be easy to enjoy?

Maturity and life experience can factor heavily into your enjoyment of virtually anything. I didn't understand Meshuggah the first time I heard them because I had no background in metal at the time. Years later though, after getting more into the genre through less extreme bands, I heard Bleed and it immediately clicked without forcing anything.

More than anything though, nobody has perfect judgment. Anybody can be wrong about anything, and music is no exception.

Well, I can't argue with any that....I suppose my statement is really only aimed at those militant autistic album listeners who feel they absolutely must take an album in as a whole or else the experience is incomplete.

Why watch entire films from beginning to end? Can't you just take the scenes you don't like out and watch the good ones?

I haven't heard of that album, but you really need to look harder and develop your taste if you've only ever found one album where you like every song.

I really do remember looking at albums the way that you are right now, thinking, "This album is so good, there's only one song I don't like on here!" but that was over ten years ago and before I really got into music. Now, I really, truly can't think of an album that I enjoy that has a song I can't stand on it, with the exception of 40 Acres on Pusha T's My Name is My Name, because that song is terrible.

Albums that are front-to-back good aren't even close to a rarity, but they take more effort to find than the average person is willing to give.

not the same