Allbums underrated by Scaruffi (either by his rating or by how harsh he is in the review) I'll start with an obvious...

Allbums underrated by Scaruffi (either by his rating or by how harsh he is in the review) I'll start with an obvious one.

6.5/10 is already way too generous for a blatant pop rock record masquerading under an electronic image.

Will little creepsters ever stop being buttblasted by him merely giving Radiohead's albums 'good but not great' ratings? Why not go to fucking rolling stone or pitchfork if you want superlative praise for everything they do by default?

What's a Scaruffi?

Sigh... I don't want to turn this into a thread about Radiohead being overrated or not. I'm not the biggest fan of the band myself (Kid A is the only album I like by them). I just picked this album randomly, there's a bunch of albums Scruffy underrates, reason I created this thread in the first place.

Kid A should've been a 7 IMO.

You guys are fucking morons, Kid A is a 10/10 and you have to be retarded to think otherwise. I bet none of you actually have friends because you're such pieces of shit.

I approve of this

Who cares about what he thinks?

carrie and lowell

i get his review, but get this:

he gives pink moon an 8/10, claiming it's a masterpiece for its simplicity, because nick drake had little to say and said it with minimalistic instrumentals and bla bla bla bla, and then says this shit about carrie and lowell: "While the music is the exact opposite of "groundbreaking", one has to give him credit that not many singer-songwriters have been able to express their most personal feelings with such clarity and nakedness."
and gives it a 6/10

i'm not comparing the albums. just pointing out the incoherence

How can anyone trust that guy? Writes a brief history of rock music and skips Joy Division, talk about the Beatles as if they were a stupid boyband with nothing but stolen ideas.

Vast majority of this board.

Anyone disregarding beatles as the most influential rock band of all time are just ignorant

Scaruffi would always shit on my favorite albums, but would then say that my favorite song on said album was "the one moment of genius" or some shit like that. So he's alright I guess

It kinda makes me happy that people like and understand this record more. Definitely an 8.

what are your favorite albums?

Honestly sometimes I feel lucky that most of my favorite albums are praised by Scaruffi. The only exception is The Money Store, I think he gave it like a 6.

Yup
Yup
Yup
Yup

Ok everything seems good in here. Moving along.

Sufjan Stevens is a derivative musician who gets points in his favor for pathos, Nick Drake was one of the first to create stark arrangements and songwriting like that. It's not exactly hard to understand and there's no contradiction in what he is saying

He gave Swans best album the same rating as Burning World.

>one of the first
>Has no idea what a minstrel is.

Try again next time retard