This "non assault, hunting rifle" is technically more deadly than an AR-15. What do libs have to say to this?

This "non assault, hunting rifle" is technically more deadly than an AR-15. What do libs have to say to this?

I see you're back with another firearms thread
> all dem fields

>a fucking leaf

Looks harmless, lad

Ted Kaczynski and Timothy McVeigh didn't need any guns.

The top cartridge is what this "hunting rifle" shoots. The bottom cartridge is what the AR-15 "assault rifle" shoots.

They both shoot at the same rate of fire and both hold the same number of rounds. Which one is "deadlier"?

if it's semi-automatic, it'll still be called an "assault rifle" down here

The 5.56 round was designed to mushroom and bounce around in the body, causing more damage.

Easier to dodge bigger slower bullets

Gun legislation tends to be more about small arms rather than hunting or military grade weapons.
For example in the UK many types of rifle are perfectly legal while handguns are so illegal that even Olympians can't own them.

Have you seen the size of railgun shells? Those must be so easy to dodge that you could literally do it with your eyes closed.

This: Some bullets are designed to pass right through, creating minimal (comparative) damage whereas others are designed to ricochet and create more damage internally. Your second bullet is of that type.

2750 fps 7.62 nato vs 3200 fps 5.56 nato

You are all need to be slap if you think a 7.62x51 isn't more destructive than fucking .223. I hope these are just bait posts.

The problem is it's harder to convince the public that handgun isn't effective for self defense and fun shooting than a "scary assault rifle" is. So libs go after the easier target.

I sadly think they are being serious. These are the type of people that think these are the deadliest bullet in the history of man

7.62x51mm will penetrate further and cause more internal damage at longer ranges than 5.56x45mm.

It's the reason why 7.62x51mm rifles are retained by the US military and it's civilian counterpart .308 Winchester is one of the most common hunting and sporting rounds in current use.

You can't have those cop killers!!!!!

Didn't soldiers complain that 5.56 performs bad?

7.62, That's real fuckin' NATO

You're thinking of 7.62X39 which was invented by mother Russia

Not entirely, it's just that soldiers enjoy keeping the enemy away from the effective range of their weapons (7.62x39 is really only effective out to about 250 yards) while keeping them in the effective range of theirs (a 7.62x51 can kill out to about 800 yards easily) so they would prefer a bigger round like the 7.62 NATO, Especially in a desert setting with only a some brick walls to hide behind as in the Middle East.

Yeah I only m193 from
20" barrel gets that velocity. M193 from 14"/16" is 2750-2850fps. For non shooters m193 is 55gr FMJ lead core, m855 is 62gr steel core. M855 is designed for 20" 1:7 twist m193 was designed for 1:9 twist. Pay attention when ya buy ARs. I prefer 1:9 20" with 55gr. For some reason the lighter projectile with higher velocity is better at piercing plate armor than heavier "penetrator" round. And it's not designed to mushroom, The light ball is designed to fragment and tumble, the 62gr is designed to immediately tumble and penetrate cover.

7.62x51 is better for long range kills and eliminates heavy cover better. If shit hits the fan. The M14-M1A is better if you're in a secluded wooded area or field and you can see them coming. 5.56 AR is ideal for close quarter rapid fire situations because you can get off more shots more accurately at a higher rate. Both are perfectly suited for self defense... Within 300y it doesn't really make a difference. If I had to choose one weapon for the apocalypse however, would not be an American weapon. Wouldn't care if it were 47 or 74. Both are ideal if you have an AK with mil spec receiver and chromed chamber. AK is superior weapon

Honestly man I'm not gonna turn this into the typical /k autist fight of Ak vs AR, but if I had a choice in a SHTF scenarios I would go with AR. I own both and I know both function well, and I can easily maintain both. It comes down to ammo though. It will be far easier to scavenge or trade for 5.56 than 7.62x39.

>black talon
>deep penetrator
There's a joke in here, somewhere.