2018 will be better, r-right?

2018 will be better, r-right?

2017 was fine, stop being plebs.

stop being a soyboy

I hope so. There were like nine good releases, nothing great, and a lot of mediocre as usual

It's only going to get worse.

kys you fucking moron.

>Sup Forums hates Angelo Badalamenti now
the absolute state of this shithole
soyboys can't into David Lynch you cuck

Lurk more, n00b.

2017 only had 4 good albums and 1 great one, and only one of those is even in the top 50. I hope 2018 will be a better year

>soyboys can't into David Lynch you cuck
evidently they can

>lowcaps with period at end
based soyboy

I don't hate him, but the fact that a soundtrack was the best album of the year really shows how lacking the whole year was.

>music finally gains racial/sexual diversity
>gets worse
Coincidence?

Based grammarlamer. Typical cuck.

Keep dancing, idiot. I'm laughing at your memespeak.

absolutely VEHEMENT soyboys

Awwww poor baby's upset cos he had to go back to school. Study hard, don't end up a failure like your parents.

Kendrick was supposed to deliver the objective best album of the year, but instead he made DAMN.

Twin Peaks is literally the most nu-male thing in existence

wrong

not just that, 10 of the top 20 albums were either soundtracks or live albums

Not really, Sup Forumsshit.

Lurk more, n00b.

The absolute state of soyboy argumentation.

Aren't your feet tired?

2017 was a decent year, lots of good music out there, but Sup Forums likes to fuck the same 40 albums to death on a weekly basis so its unsurprising that nothing will ever be better to them than MUH LOVELESS, MUH MBDTF, and so on.

angelo badalamenti is a geinius. i'm totally fine with this.

also, does anyone have a link?

Name one album that came out in 2017 that even comes close to loveless and mbdtf. Just because we really like those albums doesn't mean we're closed minded, there just legitimately weren't very many good albums in 2017.

>If an album isn't like Loveless and MBDTF then it isn't good

This is the most Sup Forums thing I've ever seen, I'm impressed

You clearly lack basic reading comprehension skills. Stay in school underage.

mbdtf is hot garbage.

music after the 90s has been steadily going downhill. scaruffi was right

Not as garbage as everything that came out in 2017

I literally just said what you said.

No you did not, want me to walk you through it or do you think you're bright enough to figure it out on your own?

i think 2017 was just a victim of album release cycles if anything. it seemed like everyone and their fuckin grandma was putting out albums in 2016, and most of these artists need at least a year or two before they release another album, so all the artists that released albums in 2016 basically sat out 2017. even the artists that did release in 2017 had albums that were either alright or disappointing. it was just an unfortunate year overall

2016 was shit as well user

>muh soy

You're using Loveless and MBDTF as measurements for greatness, and if an album doesn't approach albums like them, then it isn't good. Correct?

>Name one album that came out in 2017 that even comes close to loveless and mbdtf. [...] there just legitimately weren't very many good albums in 2017.

Also MBDTF isn't very good.

AMSP, Blackstar, Blonde, Atrocity Exhibition, Teens of Denial, Bottomless Pit all came out that year user.

less shit than 2017 though

>if an album doesn't approach albums like them, then it isn't good

Never said that, I think there weren't any albums that come close to MBDTF and Loveless in 2017, that is because none of them were really good.

What I am saying is that not good implies not close to mbdtf or loveless, not the other way around.

everything on this chart is better than anything kanye has done

What are your 4 good albums and 1 great one?

David Lynch is peak Reddit

Disagree, but mbdtf is the weaker of the two anyway, give me something better than loveless and I'll concede.

>Finally

>give me something better than loveless
eh i don't think i can. mostly just because of how historically important loveless was. we don't have the ability to see the future influence of any 2017 albums so i won't try to predict anything

>B-but RYM said
This has been a great year for music. Anyone saying otherwise isn't actually listening to anything.

the year just started numbnuts

Last year**

Irony: leveling criticisms at other people's argumentation as you resort to both ad hominem attacks and generalizations. These are pretty basic logical fallacies, my man.

nu-male watch game of thrones and stranger things, not Twin Peaks
Sup Forums loves it

You'd know, crossboarder!

honestly Twin Peaks is only like one step below Rick And Morty

television in general sucks because of American censorship and also the time constraints that don't grant the medium the same artistic freedom of actual film

you've got me, here's a (you)

What does Sup Forums think of the top 5 albums of 2018?

could use one metal album less but otherwise already better than 2017

Someone made a thread defending 2017, and when asked to share the works that proved 2017 was a good year, he posted TWO records, one of which was some slightly experimental, borderline-smooth jazz wankery.

Post good albums to back up your claim, or shut the fuck up.

Feeding an idiot's brain only keeps it alive. We want idiots to die.

2017 had Jens Lekman so it was pretty good

Lingua Ignota - All Bitches Die deserves number 1 spot

t. soyboy

>mu in 2018
>kys soyboy
>no u kys, fucking cuck
>fucking souboy!!!11
>cuck!!111

2019 will be better, right guys?

>music after the 90s has been steadily going downhill. scaruffi was right
sauce?