lorde

Sufjan Stevens

this

sexy

No one.

Katherine Shrub

this except joanna is much better

kek
looks like someones ugly aunt, but she also likes working out...

It's obviously Bjork

All this time I was looking for a girl when what I really needed was a girly-boy.

ope here: good point

bjork is not from this generation. she is the kate of 90s though.

Bjork's best albums were released 20 years ago.

Chelsea Wolfe

Joanna Newsom, Sufjan Stevens, Kendrick in a way

why are grimes fans so obsessed with pushing the "grimes is the new kate bush" meme?

They're trying to give her amateurish derivative music some sort of shred of credibility.

i know this is just a memethread started specifically for a grimesfag circlejerk but this is probably the most accurate answer

Because they're grimes "fans".

Pretty awful that all she does is copy her and others style instead of bringing something unique of her own.

I want to like Kate Bush, I generally like 80's pop but I just can't seem to get into Kate Bush, what's up with her? Why is she considered as one of the best female musicians of the eighties?

what have you listened to so far?

because they want grimes (which is an amazing artist) to be associated with legends. when you see bjork and kate bush the first thing that will cross your mind will be grimes.

Not really a fan of Joanna, though I also haven't probably given her enough of a chance but i agree with They are in denial. It'd be like Migos saying they like the Beatles and someone then saying they're the new beatles. Autism

>amateurish derivative music
lame b8
>some sort of shred of credibility.
her music is already very credible. did you see her reviews?

yeah but grimes isn't even remotely close to the talent of either of those two. It's like a picture of Mozart, Beethoven and the third is John Williams. The gap between the first two and the last is like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a shit ton. Grimes is trash objectively and her songs are trash.

>They are in denial. It'd be like Migos saying they like the Beatles and someone then saying they're the new beatles.
wrong. your comparison is completely ridiculous. you're comparing a meme rapper with the most popular band in the world. meanwhile grimes fans compare the best '10s art pop artist [grimes] with the best '80s art pop artist [kate bush]. fair comparison.
>Autism
(You)

It's called shitposting. It makes people mad, and grimesposter think that's funny. Simple as that.

>yeah but grimes isn't even remotely close to the talent of either of those two.
how come? did you even see that grimes profile pasta? claire is super talented, like it or not. her talent is u n d e n i a b l e.

what's funny about the truth?
>grimesposter
you forgot a "s" at the end, shitposter

Julia Holter.

I like her a lot but I think she misses some of the pop appeal that Kate has.

>Grimes is trash objectively
>objectively
opinion discarded.

Kate, Annie Lennox and Alison Moyet are the main women I remember from the 80's

This

Hounds of Love and the Kick Inside

Yeah that's cause Rae Sremmurd are already the black Beatles

listen to Never For Ever and then The Dreaming
The Dreaming is her best album and is unlike the others

Me :3

I shit you not guys, this user is right. How many radio hits have Grimes had?
>well, she doesn't nee-
Shut the fuck up, yes she does, Kate and Bjork had that. Did Lorde have any? Fuck yes she did, both from Pure Heroine and from Melodrama, and they all kicked ass. Joanna and Julia are great too, but they don't have the pop appeal that talked about.
Lorde is confirmed new Kate. Grimesfags may shut the fuck up with their squirrelgirl now.

>missed my point
>because autism got in the way
Re read carefully what I said.
> It'd be like Migos saying they like the Beatles
so Migos say they are fans, then this is where the autism comes in
> and someone then saying they're the new beatles
That's not a false comparison, I was saying fans are the ones who say she's the next this or that. Also Kate and Bjork are far better and more talented and at earlier ages than Grimes. Shes not a late bloomer she's trash.

grimes is an underground sensation, you massive pleb. judging artists by radio hits is the plebiest thing ever. according to your logic mariah carey, eminem and black eyed peas are better than bjork, kate bush, lorde, etc because they have more hits.
>squirrelgirl
be nice to grimes, mofo

jenny hval is kate from our generation

But nigger, if we're talking about the new kate, who was not only a pseudo sensation, but a real one, we have to talk about radio hits, something grimeth does not have.

Try The Dreaming. It’s her most experimental and sounds very little like the ones you mentioned.

nigga, there's more than radio hits. what about:
arty experimental pop music with plenty of synths
eccentric personas
weird voices
weird lyrics
good fashion sense
singer, songwriters AND producers
very dedicated fanbases
acclaimed music
unique style
?

>fans
>plural

bump

>kendrick

nonononono

That makes a lot of sense actually

Wish she always looked this hot

Copying everyone = internet fame

>Copying everyone
who? grimes?? she's original, bruh.

>grimesfags worship someone who was too dense to be able to use anything other than garageband for their first four albums
o i am laffin

SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY

OH NO NO NO NO STOP IT

this is the real truth

I don't understand why you guys venerate her so much. She's just Peter Gabriel with a minge, you all know it.

LMAO. no.

what the fuck? why is she trying to look pretty in this picture? is this a really old pic or something?

this

lmao, how old are you? Lorde sucks. She's only slightly above average for a female pop singer.