Rated highly

>rated highly
>literally a bunch of random scenes that have no clear interpretation
seriously?

what was the key and the box? who was the dumpster guy? who was the silencio blue haired lady at the end and what was her purpose?

so many questions and no answers. why is this praised so much? i can make a boring film that is randumb and explains nothing

You got trolled user. I got trolled too. I tried watching it but turned it off after 30 minutes.

What a shit film. Other movies like this are Gravity, and Mr. Nobody.

Massive plebs, you should kill yourselves.

Mulholland Drive is pretty accessible for Lynch tbqh, maybe you're just not very smart.

you couldn't keep up with this one?

m8... you might as well rewatch the avengers

>Other movies like this are Gravity
somewhere, Lynch feels his ears burning

See what I mean OP? It's basically Sup Forums's version of Sup Forums's install gentoo.

Newcomers to the board see it mentioned a few times and may not realize it's a joke. Some may even follow through and install gentoo and in the end it's just a joke on them.

The difference here is that every patrician gets to insult your intelligence and now you can be one of them OP. It's like initiation.

I can understand plebs not liking Mulholland and Lynch in general, but what possible relation does Mulholland Drive have to Gravity and Mr. Nobody? Both of those have straightforward narratives (well mostly straightforward) and are rooted in the sci-fi/survival genres, whereas Drive is a surrealist interpersonal drama and satire of Hollywood. I agree that Gravity and Mr. Nobody are shit though.

Critically acclaimed, high ratings, generally well received by a lot but are truly nonsensical/boring -- undeserving of its status.

>truly nonsensical/boring
MAYBE the most pleb critique in the pleb playbook

It isn't Die Hard, I'll give you that

The movie came with a list of clues to help you figure it out. Read the clues, think carefully, then watch it again. Don't cry about it here if you're too dumb to get it on your own.

If a movie hasn't entertained you even a little bit within 30 minutes it's shit.

Similar to how some books are said to "get going" after 100, 200 pages, 5, 10 chapters. Those books are poorly written.

I honestly have no idea how someone cannot be entertained by Mulholland Drive, unless they compulsively need a straight narrative to follow. Even when I first saw this as an absolute pleb, I found the ambiguity, atmosphere, and visuals to be engaging at least.

But neither Gravity or Nobody were very nonsensical, at least not in the Lynchian sense. And Mr. Nobody didn't get great reviews either, just a lot of buzz from the pseudointellectual crowd.

Why do plebs care so much about a story being straight forward and simple to understand? There's more to film then just the story.

MD was jumbled and confusing but to me that contributed to its atmosphere of "tension" throughout the film.

>turning it off before all the nude scenes

You done goofed

Because by rating it highly you can pretend you get it.

I mean I can appreciate good cinematography and tension, I just wasn't getting those vibes from this movie. I wasn't feeling a hook or desire to continue watching. Compared to say, Memento, a movie with similar qualities.

In every scene in Memento there was something new going on. Something new for me to digest, maybe a new direction for the entire plot to move towards. That feeling, it just wasn't there for me in Mulholland Drive. Maybe it gets better after the nude scenes.

>hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr

Forgot I had to smoke some DMT and drop 20ml of acid to really enjoy and understand this deep kino. My bad

tl;dr version
>i'm too dumb to follow a nonlinear narrative

I swear to god, I see this thread every single day.

my oh my has Sup Forums changed

>I'm a dumb pleb and my mind is irreversibly contaminated by Hollywood's cookie cutter storytelling

You'll fit in just fine friendo

Lost Highway is better. Patricia Arquette constantly getting butt naked.

But Naomi Watts is hotter.

I quit watching about halfway through when it stopped being about some big hollywood conspiracy ala Eyes Wide Shut and started being some character study on Betty or whatever her name war.

Should have had more of that Mr. Rouge guy.

Gotta admit I was disappointed with this as well. I was really hooked by the big corporate/studio conspiracy, found that way more compelling than "Hollywood no-name whore hires hitman on lesbian then kills herself".

>he can't install gentoo
I bet you use a botnet as well, fucking idiot.

the lesbian scene is the only non shit part.

>can't answer any of the questions in the OP
>you're dumb
maybe you guys are actually dumb?

>what was the key and the box?
her way back to reality from her state of fugue

>who was the dumpster guy?
a personification of her darkest feelings

>who was the silencio blue haired lady at the end and what was her purpose?
cool points

>why is this praised so much?
because it's very atmospheric and builds a lot tension throughout, and even if some things may appear to be random they are all connected and easy to figure on a second watch. And though I don't really like Lynch I would say this is easily his best movie

Nah, it's shit.

I was told this is a good mindfuck movie.

They're right because this shit is retarded and so boring I couldn't care to follow it.